What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fungus Gnats in a commercial mmj grow

greengardenjake

Hello, I've got a major fungus gnat infestation in several of the flower rooms at the grow I work at.

Is there at way to get rid of such a bad infestation late in flower?

C

cooterbrown420

late in flower is tough at all facilities i run we use Microbe Lift from cube soak through veg and havent seen a gnat in a long time. (knock on wood) hope this helps in future

With Fungus gnats, prevention is definitely easier than cure. The damage is probably already done, and maybe an early harvest is warranted if the plants are close to ready.

soundman

Nematodes. Dont know what late in flower is but if you have two or three weeks left they would be worth getting. They knock out the gnats in a week.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Between 2001 and 2011 I had three infestations. The first infestation I tried mildly soapy water, one teaspoon of Johnson's Baby Shampoo to a gallon of water. I sprayed every leaf top and bottom then rinsed the buds with distilled.
It sure killed a lot of mites but did nothing to save the harvest. The next two invasions also destroyed the crop.

No infestations since 2011. I no longer allow other growers in the main budroom, the last outbreak was caused by mites on clothing.
Intake air is filtered just to be sure outdoor mites do not float in. A lot of effort can go into prevention and still be way less effort than cleaning up after.

I am following, if nematodes or other can actually save a crop I definitely want to know, accidents happen.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I use the Bt bits as well. Sprinkled on top of soil and in drip trays. Hydro they get floated in the res or soaked in top off water and poured through the root mass.

Doesn't affect anything except the gnats.
(edit: Make sure you refresh with new bits every few weeks.):D

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bottom water and use tsp per gallon Bronner's soap and alternate with bti in the water. Let the top dry out.