What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is 11L pot big enough final home for a sweet tai?

inbetween

Just about to repot my sweet tai plants, thought i'd get some advice from you guys. I'm growing outside so size or place isn't important, but for ease of movement was thinking to stick to 11L pot when i move them from the 7L pots..

Do you think 11L will be big enough and not hold back the sweet tai plants till it's finished the growing?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey inbetween,,,
buenos diaz,,,,,
11 litre pots should be fine and if she "shoots for the sky" then just keep super-cropping her and she will be fine,,,,,s2

inbetween

Buenos dias 944s2,

Thanks for the advice, they are getting fairly big but not huge or showing any preflower yet.
Your right i could crop them down if needed and take cutting, this i haven't done much of, so could make for good training for clones :)
I just took some photos to show where i'm at to make it easier to show where i'm at.. new here so still working on how to upload lol

Cheers for reply

inbetween

album.php

This is how they are looking today before repotting

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Well amigo.. it is enough but your yield would improve significantly if your container were to be bigger. I suggest going to your nearest chino and getting a 20 something liter bucket. Make some holes in the bottom, add some good soil and transplant into that.
Moving big pots is hard unless you know how.
If you are on concrete just use a pot platform on wheels.
If you are on uneven ground or grass put a tarp underneath it or use a resistant shopping bag. The really big ones from Mercadona (weaved plastic) are ok. Ikea bags work too.

Hope this helps.

Hasta la próxima campeón

inbetween

Thanks for your wise words Gantz, hope to show how they look but don't think it worked in previous post.. I have the pots already, but i also have plants to place when they all get bigger.. Maybe by time i finish around 15. I didn't plan on so many but i tried some old seeds from 2004(NLxHaze) and at least 5 are growing strong.
I think i know your right to go bigger. Thanks for giving me the 20L figure for size.

Hope all grows well for you mate,
Greets from the south

Bare with my mistakes, not allowed to edit yet :(

inbetween

Okay all sorted discussion made and all 3 are now housed in their bigger pots.. I went with your advice of at least 20L pots @Gantz :tiphat:

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Can't wait to see your girls mate. You'll see that most people recommend more. 20L is about 5 gallon and some people here grow in 10gal and more...
Anyway. If you want you can always have one that is smaller and see how big the difference is.

The North says hola back majete.

inbetween

Thanks Gantz, as you guessed should have been decision after discussion.. summat like that anyway lol.. yeah seen 5 gallon mention a lot in the past, i reckon if you do 10 gallon better to just dig a big hole and fill with compo..
I was tempted to do one smaller and see the diff, but i had 3 pots the same at about 20L so in they went.. Not sure what happen to photo in post above, only seems to work by right click and show image.. I guess i'll suss it out in the end. I ran out of daylight to shot another pic of the fems tonight, so tomo it'll be..

Ahh the North you say.. i'm eventually moving up that way too, well that's the plan anyway. Already bought lands up that way, just need a place to lay my hat so to speak :)

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Yeah. I'm with you on that. 10 gal is a lot of soil. Once it's wet moving it will be a problem. So either make a raised bed or dig if you wanna go that big.

The earth is rich, the rains are frequent and the food is great. The North will be richer to have you.

inbetween

Never thought of raised beds, but right there with you on the big, too big to move so go static.

Thanks mate, what i've seen so far and that wasn't much i liked.. was last Oct when i was up north, the weather was still flaming hot. Well was up Maella and Caspe way, just hope come olive picking time things are cooler this year.. I'll have more time to check out the great food next time.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Yeah nice area but a bit too close to the desert for my liking. My neighbours speak either Spanish or Euskera. You would be amazed how different the weather is from the south to the north of the comunidad foral. People too.

inbetween

Exactly our thoughts now, land was cheap and you can't grow land as they say. Looking more towards Tortosa these days and have an eye on a place with water. But things change so we'll see.. You want desert, try Almeria region and raise you on deserty lol

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
It's your decision hermano.
Screw the desert. If I want sand I'll go to the beach.

inbetween

I reckon when the time comes i'll be glad of it for sure, mostly depends on the sale of the place in the south.. Mucho work to be done first though, a good six month anyway. I'll treat the trip up north like holidays, even kip over in a tent on the land me thinks..

Can you screw the mountains with the desert whilst you're at it, i have been for a while..
Love to be touching up some flat and wet instead ;)

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Look at those beauties. NL x Haze? Didn't know Sweet Seeds had those. Then again I am not familiar with all their strains or the ones they made in 2004.

Anyway. They look healthy and happy. You've been nice to them. Keep doing what you're doing and they'll reward you for your kindness.

Nos vemos majete.

inbetween

Nooo matey, these are sweet tai.. the NL x haze are sensi from 2004. They are a little further behind but catching up fast last few days.

Tbh i don't even know when sweet seeds started myself. I know i've grown the tai a few time now and always happy with them, all aspects really. The germination so far 100% no fail, the smell even before flower is lovely and finally the end result.. yessss so sweet :)

I've also planted some 00 and advanced seeds that were freebies from growshop orders, ummmm, let's say i didn't do so well with germinating those at 50%. But still some to go at.

Thanks Gantz, i'll try my best with them. For sure the rest of garden comes a far second