What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please HELP ! My plants are dying, Nutrium deficiency ?

Krisho

Mg deficience

Dog Star, yes it looks like a Mg deficiency but it is not... new leaves are burning, + there is enough Mg deficiency in the alc-a-mic sea weed... it is another problem. So do you suggest changing the entire soil ot the plant if it is at such an andvanced age ? I mean I can see first symptoms of flowering, so if I change the pot and the soil would it stress too much the plant ?

Cheers

Dog Star

Veteran
Why you should change soil if you can flush this same pot and later feed again
third of a dose of NPK nutes, but for sure put magnesium-sulphate,she screams
for it..

and its for sure Magnesium def but also N overload as your leafes dieing.. this two
elements are in very close relationship..

also dont feed thru leafes if your plant is in shock.. normal feeding thru soil after
you flushed very good.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why you should change soil if you can flush this same pot and later feed again
third of a dose of NPK nutes, but for sure put magnesium-sulphate,she screams
for it..

and its for sure Magnesium def but also N overload as your leafes dieing.. this two
elements are in very close relationship..

also dont feed thru leafes if your plant is in shock.. normal feeding thru soil after
you flushed very good.

DogStar,

I made that same error for more than 20 years.

Let me explain why Mg deficiencies arise.

1. Excess of K.
2. More K than P.
3. Excess of Na.
4. Deficiency of Ca.

Mg is 100% translocatable from leaves to roots. There is no reason to apply Mg in the soil unless you are in a very very sandy porous medium. You can apply foliarly and if the plant feels the need, it can easily move the Mg from the leaves to the roots.

The problem here was quite simple, firstly, no Ca.

Secondly, a very high K vs little P. Note reasons for Mg deficiency, number 1, number 2 and number 4 come to mind...

Krisho

DogStar,

1. Excess of K.
2. More K than P.
3. Excess of Na.
4. Deficiency of Ca.

Mg is 100% translocatable from leaves to roots. There is no reason to apply Mg in the soil unless you are in a very very sandy porous medium. You can apply foliarly and if the plant feels the need, it can easily move the Mg from the leaves to the roots.

Secondly, a very high K vs little P. Note reasons for Mg deficiency, number 1, number 2 and number 4 come to mind...

yop exactly, I also think the same. The problem is that it is spreading extremely fast. I did not have enough time to cure the first plant, for only 1 week i died. Now it started with the second and already knowing I do not have so much time, and the flush did not help, I just change the soil completely. Really hope will help. So the only question is - should I feed it with maxi bloom right now with a very small dosage or with a big one ? It would be very stressed now so do not know whether to feed a lot or less ? If I feed it less maybe it will not help if it is in need of cal and mg and other stuff, but if I feed a lot maybe will fuck it totally as it is already over fertilized. However that is new soil ??? Please recommends

Dog Star

Veteran
DogStar,

1. Excess of K.
2. More K than P.
3. Excess of Na.
4. Deficiency of Ca.

You forget PH imbalance... intervenal clorosis is sign of Mg def,
and if leafes dies upstair thats N toxicity due no proper PH and too much saturated soil with N..

in same time as its not proper PH happends Mg deficience..

also to mention that his plant died cause he first flushed and then feeded foliar.. thats wrong to do when plant need to evaporate
excess water and you hit her right in stomatas with nutes..

thats why she died so fast.. its shock,shock and shock in very short time and she could not bear with that.

This is mine opinnion on this subject..

Krisho

You forget PH imbalance... intervenal clorosis is sign of Mg def,
and if leafes dies upstair thats N toxicity due no proper PH and too much saturated soil with N..

in same time as its not proper PH happends Mg deficience..

also to mention that his plant died cause he first flushed and then feeded foliar.. thats wrong to do when plant need to evaporate
excess water and you hit her right in stomatas with nutes..

thats why she died so fast.. its shock,shock and shock in very short time and she could not bear with that.

This is mine opinnion on this subject..

Dear Dog Star,
you are completely right about the foliar feeding and evaporating of the water, but you are not right that the plant died from that. It was already half that when I decided to flush it

Thats how it looked like before flushing it...

and then two days later :

potty1

New soil will contain everything the plant needs for many weeks.
Feeding in new soil is not necessary and will lead you back to ill plant.
Just plain water until at least the plant fully roots out the pot...which will be 3-4 weeks.

Krisho

well if a plant is overfertilized how much time does take to die completely since the symptoms came out ? isnt it more than a week ? Is it spreading so fast everywhere ? I really thought flushing will help but apparently the poison was already inside. Btw I gutted out the plant from the pot today and all the roots were brown, I guess that makes sence that was some problem into the soil and came from the roots up to the leaves.
Btw these sea weeds doesnt help at all and every time after watering with it I can see some fungus either in the soil or around the stem. I deem that shows how edible and alimentary for the microorganisms it is , but I am wondering if it helps me now or makes the situation even worse...

Dog Star

Veteran
OK if you know better then i pull out and will not comment about your plant problems any more in this thread.

Kind regards

Krisho

OK if you know better then i pull out and will not comment about your plant problems any more in this thread.

Kind regards

Dude do not affect that personally ! I do not mind saying smth bad ! I am completely appreciated for the time you guys spending to resolve that issues. Maybe the foliar spraying boost a bit the dying process but the plant was already finished... for two days from beautifull green plant it converted very rapidly into burned plant, so the whole process was irreversible. That is what I mean .

My appologises if I insulted you !

Krisho

New soil will contain everything the plant needs for many weeks.
Feeding in new soil is not necessary and will lead you back to ill plant.
Just plain water until at least the plant fully roots out the pot...which will be 3-4 weeks.

that was my thought as well, but when it is ill... ? I am still wondering for 1/3 spoon of maxi bloom, just a small dose , maybe it will boost it for a bit ? or maybe not

And I must add to this that it is normal common soil ! Bought from the garden shop near me, not amended soil. So it is not reach to NPK or vitamins and etc.

Dog Star

Veteran
No need for apology,i think that if people know what is a problem maybe is better
to not deconcetrate them with own knowledge and pull out with dignity..

also we have a saying here where i live..translation will be..

If there is too much Nannies around baby a baby will be weak.. ;)

Mine thoughts and from what i read from your plants you made your medium toxic,
too much nutes and PH imbalance will be mine diagnose.

This best cures with flush and later easy feeding thru soil.. give your plants good ventilation so they can evaporate excess water and bounce back.

Only this..

Krisho

No need for apology,i think that if people know what is a problem maybe is better
to not deconcetrate them with own knowledge and pull out with dignity..

also we have a saying here where i live..translation will be..

If there is too much Nannies around baby a baby will be weak.. ;)

Mine thoughts and from what i read from your plants you made your medium toxic,
too much nutes and PH imbalance will be mine diagnose.

This best cures with flush and later easy feeding thru soil.. give your plants good ventilation so they can evaporate excess water and bounce back.

Only this..

Yo thanks, Btw which country are you from ? In my country we have the same saying :D

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you add gypsum or any soluble calcium source, you dilute the salts.... you need 10 to 12 calcium per 1 potassium... this is why I told you to try the powdered milk.....

Krisho

So I changed the pot and the soil. By now 2 days have been passed. Looks like I slowed a bit the disaster , at least it is not spreading all the plant. The upper part start drooping. I put some maxi bloom, there is enough Ca and Mg inside so I will wait 3-4 days and if it is still alive will give some more. That was the only solution I found, after flushing did not help a lot. Btw roots looked quite healty and white during the prick off, I guess that is quite good indicator, as for example my first plants roots were completely dark.

Cheers

Budley Doright

Veteran
The label very much reminds me of an outside fert...... depending on your location the fert would be ok..... if for example you grew in the western united states this fert would be ok.... since there would be natural calcium and magnesium in the soil....

however in the eastern united states....you would have to add dolomitic lime...... dolomitic lime would make the fertilizer a decent fertilizer..... in general those who grow weed prefer nitrate N...over other forms..... the fact that your fert has other more long lasting forms can be problematic....... they can build in the soil and become toxic....

I just read your last post..... the change in ferts should address the 3 most important issues I see..... calcium ....magnesium.....and the need for higher levels of nitrate N.....

YetiOG

So I changed the pot and the soil. By now 2 days have been passed. Looks like I slowed a bit the disaster , at least it is not spreading all the plant. The upper part start drooping. I put some maxi bloom, there is enough Ca and Mg inside so I will wait 3-4 days and if it is still alive will give some more. That was the only solution I found, after flushing did not help a lot. Btw roots looked quite healty and white during the prick off, I guess that is quite good indicator, as for example my first plants roots were completely dark.

Cheers

I would have thrown that nasty ass looking thing in the trash and started over but hey i hope you get some weed to smoke.

Anyway i think you are on a better path now. Once you grasp maxi you should give canna terra or plagron terra a shot. They are pro soil mixes with the complimenting food. I would recommend canna myself but plagron is worldwide too.

Latest posts

Latest posts