What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Only the Strong Survive

Buddler

Veteran
Great shots CH looks like you recovered well from the mice attack,i like the pan haze well heck I like em all nice work...B

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Yes, it worked out alright in the end. I would have needed another light had all those seedlings made it. The last surviving victim of the mouse attack is my Panama, which just went in to the flower room 2 weeks ago.

Way back in mid May the seedling had its stem halfway nipped through. It was too small to try to cut it and clone, so I just left her bent flat over. I was really surprised to see her come out of the bite and start growing. Then, after about 3 weeks she suddenly fell over from internal rot at the site of the old wound. This time I scraped the stem , coated with rootex, and buried the stem under another inch of soil.Around July 1 she started greening up so I knew she had a chance. Now she is robust and in full stretch. Lucky...lucky...lucky.

Panama in upper center (Tikal below and to left at a slant)
picture.php

I'm pretty happy with my ultra cheap grow room. Its a 16 x 16 negative air pressure room that I have partitioned off with black landscape fabric into a flower room and a work/veg area. Just basic carbon can filter, apollo E ballasts and fabric reused 5 & 3 gallon grow bags. I did splurge on good German bulbs and, of course, the best seeds I could buy.

My pick of the litter? That Malawi x Panama. She's getting good resin early. I think she'll hit like a hammer

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Claude Hopper,

Your plants are advancing very well in their second half of flowering, forming big buds without overfeeding signs now. How many weeks have been into flowering right now ?

I'm glad to see you have a Tikal flowering too ;) Although she is smaller, please take some pics of her when you have the chance. Glad the Panama finally survived and now has become a strong plants ready to flower.

Best wishes for these last weeks of flowering! You are in the crucial flowering stage to settle the final quality of your flowers.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks, Dubi.

Its about 6 weeks of flowering. The Tikal is small because it was planted much later and went straight to the flowering room. It smells heavenly. I'll get some photos soon.

The lower fan leaves are starting to turn pale yellow but I'm resisting more than light feedings

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks, Dubi.

Its about 6 weeks of flowering. The Tikal is small because it was planted much later and went straight to the flowering room. It smells heavenly. I'll get some photos soon.

The lower fan leaves are starting to turn pale yellow but I'm resisting more than light feedings

Thanks for the confirmation Claude Hopper,

If they are only in their sixth week of flowering and the overfeeding signs are over and you are starting to see nutrient deficiencies, then increase a bit the feeding for the upcoming 3 weeks, they will yield better ;)

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Tikal

She is a later planted seedling that went into the flowering room a couple weeks after germination. I didn't give her much room to grow and that limited branching. Smells like bubblegum to me

picture.php

picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Tikal is getting nice sugar, early.

Things have really filled out my room. I need to do some rearranging later today to make sure everyone is getting their share of the sun.

I'll have to get pictures of my youngest plant to flower, a Zamal Hash
picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Kali China: 170 CM. A big shaft of bud:
picture.php

She's starting to look very dewy. I'm guessing she'll be ready the first week of September.
picture.php

Zamal Hash coming into bloom. Straight from seed to flowering, no veg. About 65cm tall.
picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Claude Hopper, I admire your Tikal. Best of luck as flowering continues. Peace

Thanks! I had seen so many comments about strawberry or peach smells. I was surprised when it really does have a strawberry bubblegum smell. She's now in a very bright spot.

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks! I had seen so many comments about strawberry or peach smells. I was surprised when it really does have a strawberry bubblegum smell. She's now in a very bright spot.

That's great to hear, CH! I'll be watching closely as I've got 2 Tikal fems going in to flower this weekend. Yeah, I'm pretty excited. :biggrin:

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Samuel, I've been watching yours. They must be about a month old? Tikal had been one I had to have because I like sweet or good smelling weed, Its not disappointing in that regards!

Samuel Caldwell

Yep, coming up on a month. I'm flipping them to 12/12 this weekend. In the last couple days my T1 has shot up to become the tallest plant in my overcrowded tent. I'll post some pics in a couple days.

Many, including dubi, commented on the flavors and aromas of Tikal. That pushed me over the edge in my search for an all-arounder to start my Ace journey.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I've had a couple of plants showing calcium or mag deficiencies.
My mix is new to me and high in coco coir. I've started using cal mag
and a bit of calcium nitrate in the water and the new growth looks healthy again.

Here's most of the room filling out:

picture.php

same pic with the varieties lined out

picture.php

I'm doing some staking. The Panama haze stems are sagging and the MalawixPanama will be too heavy very soon. The Kali China is very top heavy from the long and dense cola that is forming.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks, borderline. The Mal x Pan is a real production factory. Her buds are much fuller than the Panama Haze. She also is getting very good trich development.

I'm really glad I decided to make the room into a tent. My 3 tallest plants are all over 5.5 feet now and both PH and MP are spread wide open with many branches

Buddler

Veteran
The M x P going to load with bud whats the nose on her like ? and the KC looks like a winner hoping for one ..Nice job CH.