What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is THE fastest maturing auto?

No, I mean do a grow and show. I'll even do one with you, I went out and got party cups just for the occasion. Come on, put your time and effort into it and prove your point.

I honestly don't believe your story and one picture of a tiny plant.

I'll even put up trichome shots to prove it's not done at thirty days.

Until then you're just telling fishing stories.:tiphat:
who are you man.i dont care if you do or not.Im not going to rearrange 3 rooms of grows to prove a dumb point.Im just talking from my experiences.If you dont have common enough sense to know autos are on time schedules and the less plant mass and roots it has to develop the sooner it will finish than thats your problem not mine.Im talking from growing experience not fairy tales.A well taken care of auto will take longer than the same strain of plant not taken care of.Maybe all your grows suck and you dont know the difference between a healgthy plant and a mediocre.Like that dude up there with that mop head plant.Doubt its even close to finished.

this one was exactly 56 days old.the first one to finish but was the one that got left in the 1 gallon airpot the longest.plant was short and finished super quick.You need to educate yourself more on autos.There is other sites about autos.Come on over to the auto grow battle and get you some.Them guys would embarrass u.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160927_140838.jpg
    20160927_140838.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 34
No, I mean do a grow and show. I'll even do one with you, I went out and got party cups just for the occasion. Come on, put your time and effort into it and prove your point.

I honestly don't believe your story and one picture of a tiny plant.

I'll even put up trichome shots to prove it's not done at thirty days.

Until then you're just telling fishing stories.:tiphat:
90 percent of autos dont turn amber if thats what your getting at.I rarely have seen them turn amber and its very spotty.They will start to cloud up almost as soon as they pop them off.when 70 percent of hairs recede typically there finished but can go to all hairs dead and receded.If your checking autos with a scope your silly as fawk.

Mr Jay

Veteran
I don't even know where to start unpacking your bullshit. I was a mod on THE auto website, twice.

Tricomes do mature on autos, never had a problem with it.

I don't see how you'll have to rearrange an entire grow room to toss one solo cup under a single little cfl or led light and "abuse" it.

So yeah, I'm calling horseshit on your 30 day claim.

Also, who are you? You're the one that dropped in here being an asshole and insulting other members grows for no reason. You have no history on this site before 30 days ago and you have one half finished grow. Maybe if you behaved like an adult, treated other members with respect and posted a whole auto grow start to finish I'd believe you.

But as of now you're just some dick with a half finished OG grow.

I don't even know where to start unpacking your bullshit. I was a mod on THE auto website, twice.

Tricomes do mature on autos, never had a problem with it.

I don't see how you'll have to rearrange an entire grow room to toss one solo cup under a single little cfl or led light and "abuse" it.

So yeah, I'm calling horseshit on your 30 day claim.

Also, who are you? You're the one that dropped in here being an asshole and insulting other members grows for no reason. You have no history on this site before 30 days ago and you have one half finished grow. Maybe if you behaved like an adult, treated other members with respect and posted a whole auto grow start to finish I'd believe you.

But as of now you're just some dick with a half finished OG grow.
Im good with that.this aint the only CANNA site on the world wide web.could give a possums pecker about your opinion.The ONLY reason i put that OG grow where it is cause RD has there own vender section so i wanted to do a completed grow on that strain.After its finished i highly doubt ill be back to deal with the likes of simple minded know it all douchenozzles like yourself.It shows how simple minded you are thinking a 3 foot auto will mature the same time as a 10 inch dinger.So i guess the 10 inch plant just waits around for the big plant to develop calyxs before it starts to produce trichs right.It just sits there after it reaches its max height and is like man i wish that big plant would hurry up and finish stretching so i can get on with it.
Like i said i dont have to prove to you something i already know.

these are the only ones i have going right now from seed i made on a x project with northern lights.I doubt ill run autos again i just wanted to test this strain out.these are 18 days old so its a little late for an experiment.topped at the 7th nodes.I guess your gonna tell me next not to top autos right and dont feed them for the first 2 weeks and keep the under a CFL.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0156.jpg
    DSC_0156.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 33
N

NewAgeGenetics

18 days from germination? xd... of course...

I've seen huge autos under 24/0 light in coco. flowered automatically even under 24/0 light, funny, isn't it...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still can't top autos tho man that is sacrilege

Totally agree with you, bigganjabud.

Likewise, I've never seen autos in mid-bud blooming full of nuggets within 30 days...it's just not possible.

Autos are between 60-85 days....with most bud production in weeks 6-8

people say you cannot top autos why?it removes the top cola and forces the plant to grow out so it is more manageable under an even canopy.I got sick of raising my lights up so high to get off the top buds that always grow uneven.It is no different than the same reason we top photos.the auto is already on a time clock to start flowering and the photo we switch to 12/12 so why do we not top autos.Its a silly ass wives tale and i think most of the people who say not to have never done it.its a good tool to train your plants to grow even under a light wether you LST or scrog makes no difference.I top mine at the 7th and scrog out a 4x5 foot scrog in 30 days flat from sprout with 6 plants.These aren't made up numbers or assumptions or hear says.
Heres some autos on 2/7/
attachment.php

same plants 13 days later 2/20 and topped at the 7th nodes.

attachment.php

10 days later on 3/1

attachment.php

same plants on 3/10 exactly 33 days from the first pic.Topping autos actually ha an advantage over photos when u can get the timing right synced up with the screen height.These plants yielded almost the same as the 2 photos did in the last pic but the photos took a month longer an,but was more potent.the tradeoff.

attachment.php

attachment.php

so yeah im not stressing on anyone elses opinions i just do what things the way i do it.if youll think topping autos is bad than keep thinking that.

Attachments

• 20170207_000453.jpg
    20170207_000453.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20170220_210842.jpg
    20170220_210842.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20170310_003958.jpg
    20170310_003958.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20170301_202903.jpg
    20170301_202903.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 37
  • 20170310_004028.jpg
    20170310_004028.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 36
  • 20170403_222736.jpg
    20170403_222736.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 39
And 2 photos that did a 6 week veg in a 3x4 w 600WHPS RDWC that yielded less than the autos but took a month longer.

but the buds were nice lol.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170403_222736.jpg
    20170403_222736.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 38

Mr Jay

Veteran
Likewise, I've never seen autos in mid-bud blooming full of nuggets within 30 days...it's just not possible.

Autos are between 60-85 days....with most bud production in weeks 6-8

Yup not gonna happen.

I've got a single lamp, a solo cup, and an MI5 seed rearing to go. I'll throw them in the corner and do a grow along with HB any time he wants to back up his words, which he won't. Even take weekly updates with that weeks newspaper to prove it.

I'll gladly eat my hat if one of them matures in 30 days. I will publicly admit that I was completely incorrect and that HB has a great understanding of autos. All he has to do is back up his bluff ;)

Mr Jay

Veteran
HB, learn to have a discussion about autos without throwing around personal insults. I never said you were a bad grower. You obviously can grow some nice bud if those are your grows you are posting. Good job.

I just called your claim into question and called you out for being rude. Here I am even offering to do a grow along with you.

If you want we can hop over to AFN and do it there. I'm OG over there, go by Mr. Piggy. Yup, that Piggy, the one the pig hug is all about. I'm sure Hobbes will have no problem reffing a solo cup grow battle for us.

I probably exaggerated a little on 30 days.the bottom line is i have witnessed less taken care of plants and plants with smaller root mass finish faster than plants allowed to reach maximum potential.this is just what i have observed.But with all environmental conditions exact yes strain has influence on finishing time without a doubt.
I still dont wanna run some half ass barrel of monkey nuts side by side.I got to much other stuff to do.
On the topic of topping autos im all for it and think autos make the best plants to top especially with training or scrog.I always laugh when folks say you cant top an auto or not to.Silly as hell not to if you ask me.
Im running a NL X i made last year and wanted to see what this strain can do.so far im at 21 days since all of them were up and sprouted.Under a recirc DWC and twin 315 CMH 3100's

the camera dates are wrong but the timeline is correct.
1/23
attachment.php

And today
2/5

13 days after the first pic

attachment.php

attachment.php

and they are definitly autos under 20 hours of light.Once i fill the screen in ill switch to full bloom nutes and 18/6 than the last 3 weeks ill go to 14/10.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0202.jpg
    DSC_0202.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0196.jpg
    DSC_0196.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0199.jpg
    DSC_0199.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 37

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whether or not to top as 90%+ of all articles written regarding autos- topping stresses them, yet depending on strain, some benefit.

Original posting is "the fastest maturing auto"....of which only a handful can be finished within 60 or less days with minimal yield due to maturity factors.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Thank you for admitting the exaggeration, most people on the internet won't do that.

Your plants do look nice BTW.

Mr Jay

Veteran
It's hard to say that topping increased the yield if you didn't run a control of the same strain, same cabinet, same conditions/feeding but untopped.

All I can gather from the photos posted is that there is a screen full of frosty buds.

Latest posts

Latest posts