What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is THE fastest maturing auto?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Here is a plant grown from a tiny sativa seed...all 7 feet of it.

picture.php

angelgoob

yes, but I never said that small seeds produce small end results.

I was talking the first days of the plant and it's using its reserve feed from the seed as it grows.

You're misunderstanding.

Of course a larger seed may produce a larger seedling. I can see where the connection could be. Though I doubt the bigger seedling would trick the genes into making it flower sooner. Getting a bigger veg before autoflower maybe connected to the bigger seedling, thats possible. You would have to run thousands of seeds and meticulously track all the data to know for sure. I highly doubt you will get a 40 day autoflower just by selecting the biggest seeds in your breeding project. Good Luck though.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I went to store bought seeds almost two years ago, not enough to form a solid opinion. UVB took over two years, as did Far Red testing.
Seed size was not a noted variable, but the seeds did vary in size, as did the seedlings until the first full set of serrated leaves.
Seeds planted at 1/4" fared differently than seeds planted 1/2" deep. This had far more effect than the seed size in my small sample batch. At 50 seeds out of 6,000 named strains I cannot make any formal statements, but my anecdotal statement does show a trend.
The depth variation was looking for soil penetration of Far Red, interesting but nothing publishable yet.

The lights I am rigorous about, nutrition so so, and strains put me to noob status.

angelgoob

i think it calculates how much energy is needed for the shoot vs the root depending on the feedback it's getting from the root's pressure growing through the soil.

angelgoob

bump.

so I noticed that some forming seedlings don't like light at first. I wonder if a slight blue light would reduce stretch, but also not really stress it. (oxidation)

since most auto breeders are chucking pollen and half there crap is so all over the place this is completely environmental.Put an auto in a solo cup and treat it like ass it will finish in 30 days literally.Give the best environment and it takes about 75 to 85 days.The smaller the pot smaller the roots the faster it will finish.Ruderallis is rudderallis.It makes the plant auto_Once the plant initiates flowering they will flower regarless of anything else.Ive yet to see any auto strain consistent from one plant to the next.the healthier the plant the bigger it grows so it takes more to fill out the entire plant.they will keep throwing white hairs till the end almost.

Mr Jay

Veteran
.Put an auto in a solo cup and treat it like ass it will finish in 30 days literally

Horseshit. It will take much longer to finish. I have grown autos in solo cups and it took about the same time to mature as those in three to five gallons.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
since most auto breeders are chucking pollen and half there crap is so all over the place this is completely environmental.Put an auto in a solo cup and treat it like ass it will finish in 30 days literally.Give the best environment and it takes about 75 to 85 days.The smaller the pot smaller the roots the faster it will finish.Ruderallis is rudderallis.It makes the plant auto_Once the plant initiates flowering they will flower regarless of anything else.Ive yet to see any auto strain consistent from one plant to the next.the healthier the plant the bigger it grows so it takes more to fill out the entire plant.they will keep throwing white hairs till the end almost.

Depends on breeder and genetics.
Agree w/ Mr Jay....autos stressed/abused do not amount to much and take longer to mature.

Mr Jay

Veteran
These autoflowers in 32oz cups under cfl
picture.php

Took just as long as this pampered auto in a two gallon bag under LED
picture.php

autos grown in smaller containers with smaller root systems mature faster.why would a plant on a timeclock mature faster or at the same time as a plant that took 1/4 the time to veg and stretch.When i run autos the ones i leave in the smaller pots the longest are always the first to finish

B

bigganjabud

Hi it'd be

Green poison auto

SWEET SEEDS

39-45 DAYS

CHALLENGE ANYONE TO BEAT IT AND PRODUCE ANYTHING AS GOOD

If it's the whoppers your after

This is one of my autos

It was a jack47 auto

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63172&pictureid=1518188

picture.php

dont even man.i would hate to have to embarrass you.lets just agree to disagree.that plant you got hanging looks like some ol ditch weed.Ill just put this one here.An actual picture taken without a flip phone.

picture.php

1 more

picture.php

I lied 1 more.Blue dream auto pulled almost 10 dry ounces on 1 plant of tight dense nuggz.

picture.php

Mr Jay

Veteran
yep, they look identical..:laughing: :tiphat:

EDIT: sorry

Different stages of life, not the same timeline. One of those cups was auto chronic, really pleased with that dwarf plant. Turned into a single cola plant.

Prove it :tiphat:

Do a grow and show please.
i already done it.I started 14 autos and had 3 plants finishing up so i had to leave 3 in the airpots longer than normal.they started to flower way faster than the same strains in the bigger pots.I gave my brother a couple autos and he had one that finished in 30 days at like 3 inches tall.smelled dank as hell but was the ugliest plant ever.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170530_172246.jpg
    20170530_172246.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 35

Mr Jay

Veteran
No, I mean do a grow and show. I'll even do one with you, I went out and got party cups just for the occasion. Come on, put your time and effort into it and prove your point.

I honestly don't believe your story and one picture of a tiny plant.

I'll even put up trichome shots to prove it's not done at thirty days.

Until then you're just telling fishing stories.:tiphat: