What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hello everyone, I'm starting this thread now as the next two weeks will be hectic. Getting the greenhouse erected and beans popped. The balance of the soil and ammendments purchased. This is a list of the genetics I have settled on finally. This is about a 1/3 of my library. Some amazing strains will just have to wait. I don't want it to crowded in there first time out. The greenhouse is 12'W x 20' L x 10' H. Double walled with fans, vents, and a propane heater. I will add four 600 watt HPS lights in late September to early October. That should be enough to finish flowering. (No Blackout system)
These are the genetics I will be running this season. They are all feminized other than the Michoacán Cream are standard seeds.
Malawi, Zamaldelica x Kali China, Michoacán Cream Reg., Purple Mexican, Angola x Kali China, NepJam x Kali China, Guawi, Orient Express x NepJam, Kali China x Panama Goddess, Malawi x MaPetit, Lilly x MaPetit, Golden Tiger, Purple PCK x Panama, Angola Bangi x Panama, Queen Mother, Upstream.
I want so bad to add about five more to the list. It's killing me not to have( Destroyer, Zamaldelica, Zamal Hash Plant, Panama and others). I will do the best I can with these ladies. This is my first run in a greenhouse. There will be a learning curve, but I have been studying everything I can get my hands on. Please stop by and see these special ladies through harvest. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Thanks for the good vibes guy's. I am looking forward to this grow. I may add one or more strains. Just being greedy I guess. This is really just am experiment to verify the best way to grow here. Greenhouse or indoors in a building. I think greenhouse myself or all nurseries would be in buildings. The sativa ladies will be much better in a greenhouse I'm sure. Enjoy your weekend. Peace

seeded

Thanks for the good vibes guy's. I am looking forward to this grow. I may add one or more strains. Just being greedy I guess. This is really just am experiment to verify the best way to grow here. Greenhouse or indoors in a building. I think greenhouse myself or all nurseries would be in buildings. The sativa ladies will be much better in a greenhouse I'm sure. Enjoy your weekend. Peace
Testing as many strains as possible to see what suits the new conditions isn't being greedy at all. In fact you should expect losses and plant everything you can to maximize your chances of pulling your desired yield the first time round :laughing:

I can't wait to see pics of everything :biggrin:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Seeded, You are right about testing multiple strains. Without a blackout system in this model. I'm concerned about a couple of the genetics finishing. The new GT, Malawi, and Angola Bangi x Panama. Some plants I had outside last year didn't show pistils until August 23rd. I upgraded the propane heater and I will have styrene sheets insulating from frozen ground early November. I purchased what I figure should be balance of soil needed today. I still need bulk worm castings and chicken poop. I'm getting a 250 gallon water tank from a friend. That needs moved in yet also. Working on plant arrangement now so what I figure will be the tallest plants will be on north side so shading is limited. Should have house here by next weekend. Then the frantic work begins. I might wait until house is up before I germinate seeds. I will have plenty of vegetative time for the plants to grow. I'm looking forward to the challenge and learning experience.
Ps. And lots of note taking. Bought all new binders and am revamping input format of information. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Well after opening 16 different seed packages to pull out one seed. I'm pretty good at getting the tape off the bottom of the packs. I'm letting them warm up until morning naturally. Then I will put them into the Jiffy pots. I've used paper towels and just straight into soil with un germinated seeds the last few years. Since I'm running so many strains this year. This will help me keep track of them better. And take up much less room at this stage of the game. I'm using a heat mat for the first time also. The pots are expanded sitting on mat for tonight. I figure moisture level should equalize by morning. Then I can get a better reading of actual soil moisture level. I will post a pic or two when I have a plant to show you. Peace

G

Hey brother!Nice to see your new thread(I don't know how I missed it :biggrin: ) Wish you luck with all those girls...Lilly x Ma Petit is a cbd cross if i recall correctly?You have quite a big collection of seeds,so it is really hard to decide...:) Grabbing a seat!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Syd, Yes it's still killing me to know that the ( Destroyer, Oaxacan, Acapulco, Honduras and many others) are screaming to me from the dark side of the room. I tried to pick some of the crosses that had genetics I really wanted to run this time. Pollen scares me. I get stupid in a hurry! The Michoacán Crème is my only regular strain. I am popping two of them in case one is a male. Maybe both males who knows? I'm putting both seedlings into a 45 gallon grow bag in case they both are females. Then fight to keep them separated somewhat for better light. The balance of my grow bags are 35 gallon. I wanted to use 65 gallon bags but the soil needed to fill them was breaking the bank. I had to tap out and go with small bags. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
It wasn't my goal initially to start a library of genetics. As it turns out I love getting really cool mail. Ace and the other breeders on their site haven't run out of seeds. So the cool mail just keeps coming. Big Smiles ! Peace

orfeas

Veteran
Hola, farmerlion!
A dazzling array of strains there, mate!
Wish you luck all the way!

:tiphat:Orpheus

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Thanks Orfeas, First seedling came up yesterday. Still the same day for me as I'm on a location until about noon the next day. Baby needs shoes. If shoes is more soil. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
11 of 16 up

11 of 16 up

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=408825&stc=1&d=1492976721
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=408826&stc=1&d=1492976721
Well this isn't much yet. 11 of the 16 ladies are up. The lid on top is how I'm keeping them separated. The bottom part of container is marked the same way. When I've germinated in paper towels my marker gets wet and runs into unreadable smears. I did put both Michoacán Creams into the same Jiffy pot. Hind sight is drive back to town and buy a larger tray. It's an hour drive I was tired and said screw it. I will figure it out later. Great, later may be two females that I struggle with for months versus two hours of time and some fuel. Isn't growing fun? They haven't all germinated yet and I look like a cheap ass. I honestly didn't think this was worth a post. But I did want to try and post a picture or two. I seem to struggle with this simple task every time I try it. Syd, can you see me sending up the bat signal over your house? Posting skills needed. Peace

Attachments

• 2017 seedlings 001.jpg
    2017 seedlings 001.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 2017 seedlings 002.jpg
    2017 seedlings 002.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 36

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
I prefer to plant strait into main grow tubs. It's snowing again today here. Greenhouse and my grow bags are being shipped together. I do have the 8" pots ready to go in old grow room. I will use two 105 watt CFL's and two flood lamp style LED's closer to seedlings and have one 600 watt HPS up high. This should get me by for a couple weeks until I get the house up. My water tank is in another town a few hours away. I need to get that yet also. Have a great upcoming week everybody! Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Greenhouse and Snow

Greenhouse and Snow

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmenhttps://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=409020&stc=1&d=1493070839tid=409019&stc=1&d=1493070839https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=409021&stc=1&d=1493070839
Well the snow is beautiful in the canyon, but I'm ready for the sunshine. I picked up the greenhouse today and was able to unload it without wrecking anything. A little warm weather and I will have it up. The grow bags also came. I'm looking forward to filling them up. 13 of the seeds have sprouted so far. May have to bring in one light for them. Took the cover off so the rest can start to harden off. I will do a pic or two when I'm putting it up. Peace

Attachments

• 2017 001.jpg
    2017 001.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 2017 002.jpg
    2017 002.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 2017 003.jpg
    2017 003.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 40

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi farmerlion

What an impressive lineup! :) Many interesting, high quality and high yielding sativa/indica hybrids in your menu and a few solid sativas as well! I wouldn't pack too much the greenhouse, overcrowded greenhouses easily have problems with fungus and insects.

Best wishes for the outdoor season, please let us know in case you have any doubt with the feeding or development of our strains, it will be a pleasure to help you.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Thank you dubi, I set the foundation today and the main arches are assembled. I will get as much as I can this weekend. The Purple PCK x Panama Goddess hadn't come up yet. I dropped in a Zipolite Oaxacan to replace it. Now I suppose I will get two plants up now that I wasn't patient. (used same pod) This greenhouse is 6' or 2 meters longer than my other grow room. It sure got small in a hurry. I'm sure it will be more crowed than I anticipated. Thank you for your kind offer dubi. I will certainly be in touch. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
FarmTeck greenhouses are very high quality. The instructions for the most part are very good. I upgraded with extra perlings and square end bars. They didn't send any extra brackets for these items. Overall it is like putting together a desk or dresser that comes in a box, but is 20' long. Ugh! One person assembly sucks. I did replace about 8 seedlings recently. Clear cover over jiffy pots exploded growth in height. Went back to my reliable method. Less monitoring. I work to much to babysit and I don't prop up week stems. I believe this was method used not genetics. This was on me not the plants. I'm building structure in end walls for door, furnace and fans. I hope to have covered by end of the week. Peace