What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TEST RUN 2017 ACE SEEDS THAI CHIANGMAI X KALICHINA ELITE F4 FEMS

Kaskadian

Veteran
I'm loving those dark greasy looking sativa leaves! Can't wait to see how she develops; keep us updated.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the frequent updates ULMW :)

I'm salivating seeing your progresses with the new Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China (F4) hybrid.
I'm glad to know her terpene profile is showing the lime/lemony classic thai aromas with the more elaborated and complex fruity terpenes from the Kali China, it should make a very nice combo of asian aromas :yummy:

Flowers are developing super nicely and quite fast for a straight thai hybrid that is showing clearly thai dominant behaviour.

ULMW

Thank you Dubi. Love how this Thai plant just gets nicer and nicer by the week. Not long to go now.

ULMW

12 wks Harvest Time!

12 wks Harvest Time!

Giving Thanks for this plant and her lovely harvest. Feels like a nostalgic kibda herb with great aromatic scent of Thai herb from my youth. Feel like it should get a bit of red string or tied to a branch to really relive dem old daze vibes!!!
Classic Thai in so many ways only the KC brings her time down to a managable 12 wks. In hindsight I would say she may be heavier and more resinous after 14 or 16wks due to the Thai dominance in her expression. May do that with her off-spring clone who is in flower currently.
Really lovely looking buds , long and elegant like Thai is. Funny that this is only the second time I think or recall having Thai Herbs with no seeds!!! Sensi time! Aroy!!!

Attachments

• Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China Ace Seeds 2017.jpg
    Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China Ace Seeds 2017.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 14
  • ACE SEEDS THAI CHIANG MAI X KALI CHINA 2017 TESTER.jpg
    ACE SEEDS THAI CHIANG MAI X KALI CHINA 2017 TESTER.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 15
  • ACE SEEDS THAI CHIANG MAI X KC HARVEST .jpg
    ACE SEEDS THAI CHIANG MAI X KC HARVEST .jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Thai x KC Harvest 2017.jpg
    Thai x KC Harvest 2017.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China Bud 2017 Tester.jpg
    Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China Bud 2017 Tester.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 13
  • THAI CHIANG MAI X KALI CHINA 12WKS .jpg
    THAI CHIANG MAI X KALI CHINA 12WKS .jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China 2017 Harvest.jpg
    Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China 2017 Harvest.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Ace Seeds Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China Tester 2017.jpg
    Ace Seeds Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China Tester 2017.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 17

ULMW

Couple more photos

Attachments

• THAI CHIANG MAI X KALI CHINA BUDS 5.jpg
    THAI CHIANG MAI X KALI CHINA BUDS 5.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 18
  • THAI CHIANG MAI X KALI CHINA BUDS 4.jpg
    THAI CHIANG MAI X KALI CHINA BUDS 4.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 17
  • THAI  CHIANG MAI X KALI CHINA BUDS 3.jpg
    THAI CHIANG MAI X KALI CHINA BUDS 3.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 17
  • THAI CHIANG MAI X KC BUDS 2.jpg
    THAI CHIANG MAI X KC BUDS 2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 13
  • THAI X KC BUDS.jpg
    THAI X KC BUDS.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 16

ULMW

Beautiful! Congrats!

Fun combination of parents - the smoke report on this one should be interesting.

Thank you very much Samuel.
I am very pleased with the plants and already the aromas are so familiar I am really looking forward to a good cure and then a smoke report. Happy growing!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest ULMW :)

The outcome of the flowers show clearly a very strong thai influence.
Can't wait to hear your opinion about this new cross after the drying and curing process.

Thanks for your interest to test it and for all the frequent updates :yes:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Very nice, thanks for sharing this grow with all of us. Peace

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Nicely done! I had not seen this cross b4. It looks fantastic and has a very manageable flowering habit. i need more seeds.....

ULMW

Early Smoke Report

Early Smoke Report

Rose this morning and felt it time fi sample the Thai Chiang Mai x Kali China F4 Elite Fem tester from Ace Seeds which I grew and harvested with relative ease.
The buds appearance is typical Thai and rather airy loose buds but sticky with resin.
They are clearly too young to do a full smoke report as there is green visable. Still the aroma of Thai herb resonates from the buds when you squeeze them or cut them up.
The aromatic terpenes are incredibly complex. There is a familiar "Muskyness" I associate to Thai herb from my youth. There is an almost "metalic" twang to it too. It is hard to put a finger on for mi at this point. Familiar medicinal yet somehow Metalic. There is the classic piney lemony funk as well.
I am not that familiar with fresh Thai other than in Thailand where it had been cured for at least 3 months.
Back to the Chiang Mai X Kali China, I decided to chop this bud and place it in my chalice cup and blaze it.
It was very smooth and easy smoking. Milder than I imagined in initial effect. Smoke is thick and full as well as creamy and tobacco like, notes of chocolate and familar woody elements present in the smoke profile. I am sure after 2 months curing it will be something quite different. Still indoors or outdoors this has a classic Thai herb aroma when burning! Nice!
The effect is creeper and cerebral. Not racy or overpowering like the Malawi or Zamaldelica. I think this is due to early harvesting on my behalf. Although 12 wks was suggested I feel 14 or 16 wks is needed for this expression with greater Thai dominance.
I plan to try that with the clone I took that is in flower currently to compare.
The high is rather pleasing as it brings on deep meditative vibes and then a desire to move and be active. So fine daytime herbs. Took a chill by the lakeside with it and in the sunshine found my meditations holding long enough that I did not need to light my prayer stick during the time I was at the lakeside as the Chalice load was still carrying mi nice some 3 hours later. Drifty and dreamy as well as rather tasty, yes this is a good draw of Thai herbs. Thank you Dubi and Ace Seeds Crew.

Attachments

• ACE SEEDS 2017 TESTER THAI CHIANG MAI X KALICHINA .jpg
    ACE SEEDS 2017 TESTER THAI CHIANG MAI X KALICHINA .jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 14

nksv

Looking forward to report at finish! Thanks for the update, interesting strain. I have a wonderful Thai dom Zamaldelica which I would love to have jizz on this strain!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks to you ULMW :thank you:

You are one of the first growers to harvest this new hybrid, so your opinion is highly appreciated!

As per Haze x Kali China, the goal with this new Thai x Kali China hybrid it was to produce a very thai dominant expression that is practicable to grow indoors and i'm glad it worked well in that sense :)

She will need at least 2-3 months of curing to develop properly its terpene and psychoactive qualities.

I'm eager to know more about how the harvested buds will evolve through and after the curing ;) Enjoy her!

ULMW

Aug 19

Aug 19

Greetings Dubi, Thank you very much for all the feedback and guidance. Finfarmer, my friend also here on ICMag tried her and reported a pleasing experience socially when he sampled.
I also have her clone developing nicely and a bit faster in a 10l pot.
Love how her leaves grease up and her perfume is a really gorgeous.
I will keep you posted on how she develops. Happy growing!

ULMW

Clone getting greasy and spots of resin pon her leaves n budsites.

Attachments

• Clone from Thai Chiang Mai x KaliChina fem.jpg
    Clone from Thai Chiang Mai x KaliChina fem.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 13

ULMW

AUG 26

AUG 26

Really loving how resinous she is as a clone this time around she is visably more resinous than her parent plant. I also believe the confined rootspace of 10l pots causes faster maturation. I may be wrong, but appears much faster this time.
Lights out photos show off some of her sparkle..

Attachments

• Thai chiang mai x kc clone .jpg
    Thai chiang mai x kc clone .jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Clone of Thai Chiang Mai x KC.jpg
    Clone of Thai Chiang Mai x KC.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 14
  • ThaiChiang Mai x KC.jpg
    ThaiChiang Mai x KC.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 15
  • THAI CHIANG MAI X KC .jpg
    THAI CHIANG MAI X KC .jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 12

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm in love with your Thai x Kali China ULMW :)
So happy to see a straight Thai hybrid performing so well indoors!

And yes, to limit the size of your pots will may produce a smaller yield, but lowers down a little bit the stretching and flowering time on sativas.

Latest posts

Latest posts