What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Soma's Hash Candy, unbeatable hashbrittle.

LedLara

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb7Cju7h_NY&t=4s

Tried his a couple times, and also to replicate it about 10 times now, half a kilo/whole kilo at a time..

Also, I compared with other candy recipies, peanut brittle is a rather common recipe to find, but none answered

The question of questions:

How to get the candy so brittle? Mine turns out rather hard usually, and quite sticky..

Too little heat maybe? sodium bicarbonate/baking soda?

Thank you!

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Maybe mess with the temperatures maybe it will help you get the consistency you seek please update as you go and trial and error and learn bless up

blastfrompast

Veteran
You need to get to the hard ball stage......of invest in a candy thermometer...

If you don't take the temp up high enough it won't shatter....oh and make sure you make it high enough or you will end up with Jolly Rancher consistancy aka TEETH PULLER CANDY.

Gry

I have had good experiences in taking it about 10 degrees over what ever temp is called for when I am looking for a dry and easy to handle result.

Latest posts

Latest posts