What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Seeds Malawi...1st pure sativa grow

Old Toker

Weekly update. Day 24 from seed.
Up-potted 4 days ago to 1 gal pots.
Hope your Malawis and you are doing well Ramsthepharoah!:tiphat:
Sorry about the crappy pictures.. Still haven't figured out how to post them correctly. Color is wrong also.

Attachments

• 20170205_160610_001.jpg
    20170205_160610_001.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20170205_160621.jpg
    20170205_160621.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20170205_160408.jpg
    20170205_160408.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170205_160425.jpg
    20170205_160425.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Levitationofme

I gave up using my phone camera. No matter what I do it is wrong.

too bad, its so much easier then a camera then to computer then to ICM then to post.

Ramsthepharoah

Looking good.

Looking good.

Weekly update. Day 27 from seed.
Sorry about the crappy pictures.. Still haven't figured out how to post them correctly. Color is wrong also.

Your babies are looking very good. Glad to see you reported. I'm going to re pot mine tomorrow and post pics. They're doing absolutely wonderful by the way. Have you been feeding them anything at all??

Lammy

Weekly update. Day 27 from seed.

I spent a couple hours last night trying to get my images to upload at the correct orientation. For me the issue is that I'm taking the pictures on my phone and it always stores them internally in a landscape layout. Meaning wider than tall. so if I were to take the pictures in landscape they would upload correctly. The issue comes that the phone and some of the apps use the orientation property in the extra data stored with the image and that tells the software processing it how to turn the image for display purposes.

so this website ignores that data and may or may not strip it from the file. So even if I use the apps that come on my phone to rotate the image it has no effect because all they do is change the orientation attribute. I was highly disgusted however because I downloaded at least 15 apps last night that we're supposed to rotate the image and they were all so poorly programmed they usually had failings as simple as not saving the image or showing so many advertisements that they wouldn't allow you to open any images.

I'm using an Android and the app I finally found that will rotate them is called photocrop unfortunately you have to crop the image as well and I think it loses some resolution even if you crop it to full size.

if you are taking these pictures on your phone one I would make sure that it's not storing your physical location. But you could try flipping the phone the other direction. and maybe that will make them right side up so if the top of your phone is to the right when you're taking these pictures try holding it with the top of your phone to the left instead. I hope that makes sense and is helpful.

seeded

The reason that probably works is because after you crop the image it has to create a new file to save it and that new image has everything written for the first time by that app so there's no room for confusion.

Try converting the pictures to a different file format and chances are you'll have similar results or at the very least they'll auto rotate during the conversion process and then behave afterwards when you rotate them manually.

Old Toker

I hope that makes sense and is helpful.
It is helpful. Whether it makes sense to go through all that crap just to post pics on this site .....that does NOT make sense. Obviously not your fault.....and I appreciate your attempt to help. I also have an Android. You think all those people posting pictures "correctly" are using I-Phones? Or do they know a secret that we don't? Maybe they're laughing at us right now because we're talking about turning our phones upside down to take pics!!! Sorry....lost it there for a moment.

Thanks again brother! :tiphat:

Old Toker

Dam Seeded!!! It almost makes sense when you explain it. Fortunately I have until Sunday to re-read your post a couple times for my weekly update pics.
Thank you sir.:tiphat:

Lammy

It is helpful. Whether it makes sense to go through all that crap just to post pics on this site .....that does NOT make sense. Obviously not your fault.....and I appreciate your attempt to help. I also have an Android. You think all those people posting pictures "correctly" are using I-Phones? Or do they know a secret that we don't? Maybe they're laughing at us right now because we're talking about turning our phones upside down to take pics!!! Sorry....lost it there for a moment.

Thanks again brother! :tiphat:
to be honest with you that is one of the main reasons I stopped posting a few years ago was with my carpal tunnel I can only interface with the phone or computer so much and people kept complaining about my sideways pictures. Then when I had a security issue I just decided that it wasn't worth it at all.

but old toker just try turning your phone sideways when you take the picture. take one picture with the top of your phone to the left and take another with it to the right and upload them both and see which one comes out correct and then take the rest of your pictures like that. I have no idea how everyone else get away with it. I was pretty disappointed to see that it was still an issue

Lammy

The reason that probably works is because after you crop the image it has to create a new file to save it and that new image has everything written for the first time by that app so there's no room for confusion.

Try converting the pictures to a different file format and chances are you'll have similar results or at the very least they'll auto rotate during the conversion process and then behave afterwards when you rotate them manually.

the different file format is an interesting idea. The cropping is just because that's what that app was made to do. So it's got a 3-step process it allows me to rotate the image which is optional and then Step 2 is to crop the image and step three is to save the image. I don't understand why 15 different apps made just to rotate images don't work whatsoever

seeded

the different file format is an interesting idea. The cropping is just because that's what that app was made to do. So it's got a 3-step process it allows me to rotate the image which is optional and then Step 2 is to crop the image and step three is to save the image. I don't understand why 15 different apps made just to rotate images don't work whatsoever

Is the auto rotate screen function turned on on your phone by any chance?

My pleasure old toker :tiphat:

Ramsthepharoah

Malawi update. Day 34 above soil

Malawi update. Day 34 above soil

Well... here's the updated pics of the Malawi at day 34 above soil. I'm pretty sure they would be a little bigger if they had not run into the issues early on into veg. I didn't get to transplant today because I was busy at work, but I'll be transplanting tomorrow afternoon. The Malawi on the right has broader leaves and is growing at a bit of a faster pace than the one on the left. They also no longer show signs of being deficient in any way at all and roots are starting to wrap the solo cup (but are not root bound). I can tell by the way they are growing that they really want to develop side branching, which is a great thing for me for topping and taking clones. I will try to post at least every Sunday, but have been very busy working, setting up my new 5x5 grow tent and 600W MH/HPS, caring for my other (indicas, clones, and revegging plants), and building my own misting aerocloner. I will also post pics as I finish that as well. I really hope one of these is a male because I really would love to experiment with a few crosses of different phenos that I have of some hybrids. Thanks for taking the time out to read this long post.

-Pharoah

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0586.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0589.jpg
    IMG_0589.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 16

Old Toker

Looking good brother. Seems as though you definitely have a lot of plants to care for.
How many different feed variations do you need to keep track of? What size of containers are you up-potting to next?
Couldn't see your tent set-up really well. Is that last pic showing an air cooled light vent?:tiphat:

Ramsthepharoah

Yessir.

Yessir.

Looking good brother. Seems as though you definitely have a lot of plants to care for.
How many different feed variations do you need to keep track of? What size of containers are you up-potting to next?
Couldn't see your tent set-up really well. Is that last pic showing an air cooled light vent?:tiphat:

Yessir. That's absolutely right. The duct runs through a 600W MH. I'm still working on more ventilation. I want to vent the exhausted air out of the room, but I don't want to send it outside. I thought about taking down the light fixture in the center of the room and sending it into the attic, but I don't know:thinking:. As far as the feeding schedule I check my plants daily. I check the top layer of soil for dryness, slightly lift if to see if the pots are light, I check for any signs of deficiencies and I adjust accordingly. I give a heavy veg feeding to my 2 big girls and a very light feeding to my 2 malawis. I mist the seedlings and clones and mist everything to keep the humidity up. That's pretty much it. I try to keep it simple and just make sure I monitor them daily. I try not to make things too difficult and just imagine myself growing outdoors and letting them grow as naturally as possible. (If that even exists indoors) but my light super soil mix gives them mostly what they need for now and I just supplement for anything that I may feel is lacking in terms of NPK and trace minerals based on what I observe. The plants really deserve the credit. They take care of me more than I do them...lol... for real.

Ramsthepharoah

3 or 5 gallon

3 or 5 gallon

I think I'll re pot into 3 gallon containers. But I might just put them in a 5 gallon and not bother them again.

Latest posts

Latest posts