What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Seeds Malawi...1st pure sativa grow

Ramsthepharoah

Wow

Wow

my best experience w cobbs is with eating them. 1/2 gram is a knock out shot and only needed if you are zinging along on something very strong stimulant wise. Not that I would condone such use
:biglaugh:

My first cobb was made with Popcorn buds so It was ok. As Tangewana said in thread that what goes in is important quality wise. . Quality very important. I have some sweat cured buds in the vault, and plan on a couple Cobbs of my next plant a Zameldica.

Last cobb made from Indica heavy Chem Dog which is just a great sunday all day stoning .2 grams is quite enough. Leaves room to do a few more bongs along the way

The second Malawi will also be a subject of Cobbing when it is done.

:abduct:
Wow!! I wonder what causes this more intense effect you're describing. Is the sweating of the bud making the trichomes age like wine and whisky and therefore making the smoke more triply?!

Ramsthepharoah

Sprouted!!

Sprouted!!

So excited!! My two Malawi seeds sprouted in only 4 days. I've had seeds take up to 7 days to sprout. Had to help the one at the top shead the seed, so it's yet to open up her little seedling leaves. Can't wait until I get true leave and they start to veg. Hopefully they're just as vigorous in veg. We shall see!!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71013&pictureid=1692691

Ramsthepharoah

Sprouted!!

Sprouted!!

So excited!! My two Malawi seeds sprouted in only 4 days. I've had seeds take up to 7 days to sprout. Had to help the one at the top shead the seed, so it's yet to open up her little seedling leaves. Can't wait until I get true leave and they start to veg. Hopefully they're just as vigorous in veg. We shall see!!
picture.php

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 17

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Ramsthepharoah :)

Thanks for choosing our Malawi for your first sativa indoor grow.
As troutman pointed out, Malawi doesn't need too much fertilizers or heavily feeded soil, she loves plenty of light intensity and warm constant temps. Malawi produces consistently overpowering sativa plants of high yield (if you let them develop enough).
She reacts very well to pruning in case you have height limitations.

Best wishes!

Ramsthepharoah

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

Welcome Ramsthepharoah :)

Thanks for choosing our Malawi for your first sativa indoor grow.
As troutman pointed out, Malawi doesn't need too much fertilizers or heavily feeded soil, she loves plenty of light intensity and warm constant temps. Malawi produces consistently overpowering sativa plants of high yield (if you let them develop enough).
She reacts very well to pruning in case you have height limitations.

Best wishes!

Thanks for the reply!! I'm very excited to be growing this strain. I've been dreaming of growing a pure sativa for years and now it's finally happening. I will definitely heed you guys advice. I will certainly NOT use fertilizers, but what if a light super soil mix?? With the earthworm castings, bat guano, kelp, alfalfa, etc... or should I just get a high quality all in one soil, not amend it and just use plain water??

troutman

Seed Whore
Just use a high quality soil that has very little nutrients in it and water for now.

You'll be adding nutrients later on.

Lots of nutrients with pure Sativas = burnt plants or trees. :spank:

Ramsthepharoah

👍🏾

👍🏾

Preciate the link. It's very informative. It made me look at cobble in a different light. There's definitely science there. I though it was more so for practical reasons like transporting a product, but now it seems to be like a connoisseur type thing that refines the taste and quality. Thank you!!:tiphat:

Ramsthepharoah

Day 11-1/11/17

Day 11-1/11/17

I am now at day 11 from date of soaking and at day 8 of them being sprouted above soil level. I'm very excited to see the true leaves forming and simply cannot wait (though I have to:drum:) for them to start vigorously vegging. Is it normal for the stems to be this purple though?? A little purpling is quite common in my experience, but the stems are completely purple...(if only that translated to purple nugs)
Peace

-Pharoah
picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71013&pictureid=1694227https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71013&pictureid=1694228https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71013&pictureid=1694229

Levitationofme

Sounds like its goin good! Very nice.
Always a fun time getting them established.

You can always start with a foliar. They may not need much food in the beginning but some liquid
Kelp, maybe some FullPower and a tad of yucca.
Is a nice boost.
Even better if you use a EWC tea mixed in.

But generally its not nessary, I just need stuff to keep me busy.

Ramsthepharoah

I know!!

I know!!

Sounds like its goin good! Very nice.
Always a fun time getting them established.

You can always start with a foliar. They may not need much food in the beginning but some liquid
Kelp, maybe some FullPower and a tad of yucca.
Is a nice boost.
Even better if you use a EWC tea mixed in.

But generally its not nessary, I just need stuff to keep me busy.

I hear you. I'm always wanting to do something as well. They're so young. I don't know if I want to give them any feeding (other than what's in the soil) yet. I'm probably going to start feeding at about the 3rd node and I'm going to top them that same day. What are you currently working on in your garden??

Levitationofme

I have a Zameldica, a Caribe, a Malawi and a haze x PCK in flower and a couple just started from seed. A Amnesia of some sort, and a few panama x Zamaldelica beans.

Too many, each is a little different. But I learn as I go

Ramsthepharoah

Crazy!!

Crazy!!

I have a Zameldica, a Caribe, a Malawi and a haze x PCK in flower and a couple just started from seed. A Amnesia of some sort, and a few panama x Zamaldelica beans.

Too many, each is a little different. But I learn as I go

Your feeding schedule is probably crazy!! Does each strain demand a different amount of water, teas, whatever you use etc...?? I have some SLH a few days from harvest. I know she's ready, but I'm seriously thinking of giving her an extra week because she's starting to swell a little more. Almost as if she's getting a second wind...lol... maybe it's the sativa in her!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71014&pictureid=1694338https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71014&pictureid=1694339https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71014&pictureid=1694340https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71014&pictureid=1694341

Ramsthepharoah

Oops!! Still getting the hang of this here are the pics

Oops!! Still getting the hang of this here are the pics

Your feeding schedule is probably crazy!! Does each strain demand a different amount of water, teas, whatever you use etc...?? I have some SLH a few days from harvest. I know she's ready, but I'm seriously thinking of giving her an extra week because she's starting to swell a little more. Almost as if she's getting a second wind...lol... maybe it's the sativa in her!!
picture.php
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Ramsthepharoah

Sorry here are the pics

Sorry here are the pics

Finally!! Here are my Super Lemon Hazes. May let them go an extra week, because they seem to have gotten a second wind and are still fattening up. Sorry for all the bad links.:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg