What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola revegeta666 nice avatar ;) glad you are enjoying so much with your Tikals during the day.
Tikal is one of the best strains out there if you are looking for those motivating, happy, expansive and social effects (giggly easily too) without anxiety or paranoia. New Caledonia is also there, one of the few sativas lines that consistently also produces such effects. A good cross between both has the potential to produce something really special.

Strawberry has always been the most signature terpene profile of the most remarkable Tikals (for terps) since the strain was created 20 years ago, so strawberry Tikals were the norm and more common for all Tikal regular releases in all these years. This last Tikal regular release also contains seeds from different females from different generations, (older generations too), so strawberry could be more frequent than peach depending on the seed lot (and mother) you got (the offspring from).

On the other hand, for Tikal fem version we use less number of parental plants, and they mainly belong to peach-incensey latest generations, so peach incensey terp profiles are very common in Tikal fem and Tikal fem hybrids produced in latest years.

RobFromTX a pleasure to hear you got 2 strawberry smelling ones from your 3 pack and that the genetics provided great moments. It's always a good sign you want to repeat (y)

Cactus Squatter looking again at your latest pics, yours is a perfect example of how Tikal most frequently looks even after so many generations and years of breeding.
How is she doing now in late flowering ? :)

Thanks everyone for your feedback, you know i always love to hear Tikal smoke reports ehhehehe

RobFromTX

Hola revegeta666 nice avatar ;) glad you are enjoying so much with your Tikals during the day.
Tikal is one of the best strains out there if you are looking for those motivating, happy, expansive and social effects (giggly easily too) without anxiety or paranoia. New Caledonia is also there, one of the few sativas lines that consistently also produces such effects. A good cross between both has the potential to produce something really special.

Strawberry has always been the most signature terpene profile of the most remarkable Tikals (for terps) since the strain was created 20 years ago, so strawberry Tikals were the norm and more common for all Tikal regular releases in all these years. This last Tikal regular release also contains seeds from different females from different generations, (older generations too), so strawberry could be more frequent than peach depending on the seed lot (and mother) you got (the offspring from).

On the other hand, for Tikal fem version we use less number of parental plants, and they mainly belong to peach-incensey latest generations, so peach incensey terp profiles are very common in Tikal fem and Tikal fem hybrids produced in latest years.

RobFromTX a pleasure to hear you got 2 strawberry smelling ones from your 3 pack and that the genetics provided great moments. It's always a good sign you want to repeat (y)

Cactus Squatter looking again at your latest pics, yours is a perfect example of how Tikal most frequently looks even after so many generations and years of breeding.
How is she doing now in late flowering ? :)

Thanks everyone for your feedback, you know i always love to hear Tikal smoke reports ehheheh
Thanks Dubi. I actually exclusively grow your central american sativas, the panama and my favorite Honduras x Panama, because of their gentler uplifting effects as compared to the african and thai varieties, which just make me want to put on a straight jacket.o_O To each their own ofcourse. Im just getting to be an old texan. I grew up with these central american strains and to me theres just no better feeling than catching a nice buzz without completely losing my mind. Ill give Tikal another go later this year, after my New Caledonia run

Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
I really cant wait to grow some pure tikal

Tikal x Honduras
20220427_203540.jpg

20220427_203609.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
so glad to hear our Central American sativa genetics bring you nice memories from the past and old imports you had in your area RobFromTX.
Happy to hear you are going to grow the New Caledonian next! :)

Looks lovely Ncali :smoke: she is obviously closer to Tikal than to Honduras, looks really resinous, and i'm sure is terpy as well!

revegeta666

Just a few more pictures from my tikal grow from last summer. Only the fun/silly ones :)

Foxtaily pheno. Not representative of the other plants, first plant like this I have grown. It was the longest flowering and was cut in November. I had to chop it when PM season started.
IMG_20211018_140721.jpg

Pregnant Tikal flowers. I only impregnated one budlet per plant.
IMG_20220505_203708.jpg

This is the male I used to make the F2s. I discarded the smaller ones and kept the most sativa looking one. I got around 25 seeds per plant. 150 in total.
IMG_20220505_203828.jpg

This is a clone from my Maple Leaf mom. Also pollinated with the previous Tikal male. I wanted to see how many seeds I could make from a single 35cm clone in a 7L pot.
IMG_20220505_204125.jpg
IMG_20220505_204043.jpg

Seeds for a lifetime, it seems. Around 800 of them were fully ripe (MLI x Tikal).
IMG_20220505_204108.jpg

Try with a little help from my friends.
IMG_20220505_203723.jpg

High with a little help from my friends.
IMG_20220505_204031.jpg

These little jumping spiders are quickly becoming my favourite critter in the garden. I often saw one or two of them on the plants and they always seemed very busy.

And they don't fuck around.
IMG_20220418_145208.jpg

Some of them are super cute haha (this one is not my picture ofc). Bye fwends!
IMG_20220505_204623.jpg

Sorry so high right now 🤣

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing pics @revegeta666 :) Thanks a lot for posting pics of the recessive, longer flowering and foxtailed Tikal pheno you found (both female and male in your latest post). Such expressions were mainly found in old Tikal F2 generations, and i always thought and feel like they were very Thai-like. Such phenotypes are quite rare to find nowadays in latest Tikal generations (since the selections of the strain went towards much more tamed traits), and the old F2 lines producing such expressions were only specifically released in seed form in Tikal Breeders Pack (sold out long time ago), although as you experienced ;) a seed here and there producing such phenos can still be found in the seedlots of current releases.

Glad you liked Tikal enough to make seed and for breeding, it's still one of our favorite sativa lines for effects.

revegeta666

Amazing pics @revegeta666 :) Thanks a lot for posting pics of the recessive, longer flowering and foxtailed Tikal pheno you found (both female and male in your latest post). Such expressions were mainly found in old Tikal F2 generations, and i always thought and feel like they were very Thai-like. Such phenotypes are quite rare to find nowadays in latest Tikal generations (since the selections of the strain went towards much more tamed traits), and the old F2 lines producing such expressions were only specifically released in seed form in Tikal Breeders Pack (sold out long time ago), although as you experienced ;) a seed here and there producing such phenos can still be found in the seedlots of current releases.

Glad you liked Tikal enough to make seed and for breeding, it's still one of our favorite sativa lines for effects.
Cool thanks! I was wondering if my male shared phenotypes with the foxtaily female I showed you. Bud from this pheno has the cleanest high, of the 6 females.

My stoner friends rolled their eyes the first time I gave them some buds of this plant. They are quite ugly haha. Compliments came from the 3 of them the next day after they tasted it though. I am no expert in sativas and neither are my friends, we are more used to Dutch strains, so this kind of effect, so clean, is somewhat new for us. Dutch sativas to me feel a lot dirtier and racier and I never really enjoyed them the same way as this or Congo.

The other phenos have a more balanced effect, with a little "feel good" body high, but still very light and active and ideal for exercising or workibg in the garden etc.

I searched my phone and I still have a couple pictures left from this grow.

Although they were topped and bended, I was surprised the apical dominance was still very strong. I should have topped then a few more times.
IMG_20220513_124427.jpg

Last month I did a quick germination test of the cross I made, just because I have so many seeds. 93/100 is not bad I think.
IMG_20220513_130024.jpg

IMG_20220513_130008.jpg

This pic is a little pretentious sorry 😂 This was the 2nd longest flowering pheno, finished early november.
IMG_20220513_130442.jpg

Lastly here is some tikal infused olive oil I made with my own self-produced oil. Very interesting because it lacks the body effect of the times I have made oil or butter with other strains. But it is a double edged sword haha. A little bit is fun and makes you giggle, in higher doses it gets seriously trippy.
IMG_20220513_124505.jpg

One time we went hiking in the mountains after taking a decent amount of it and it was quite an adventure. Similar to when you take moderate doses of mushrooms or acid.

That's all the tikal pictures I had left. Great strain.

RobFromTX

Cool thanks! I was wondering if my male shared phenotypes with the foxtaily female I showed you. Bud from this pheno has the cleanest high, of the 6 females.

My stoner friends rolled their eyes the first time I gave them some buds of this plant. They are quite ugly haha. Compliments came from the 3 of them the next day after they tasted it though. I am no expert in sativas and neither are my friends, we are more used to Dutch strains, so this kind of effect, so clean, is somewhat new for us. Dutch sativas to me feel a lot dirtier and racier and I never really enjoyed them the same way as this or Congo.

The other phenos have a more balanced effect, with a little "feel good" body high, but still very light and active and ideal for exercising or workibg in the garden etc.

I searched my phone and I still have a couple pictures left from this grow.

Although they were topped and bended, I was surprised the apical dominance was still very strong. I should have topped then a few more times.
View attachment 18710600

Last month I did a quick germination test of the cross I made, just because I have so many seeds. 93/100 is not bad I think.
View attachment 18710605
View attachment 18710606

This pic is a little pretentious sorry 😂 This was the 2nd longest flowering pheno, finished early november.
View attachment 18710610

Lastly here is some tikal infused olive oil I made with my own self-produced oil. Very interesting because it lacks the body effect of the times I have made oil or butter with other strains. But it is a double edged sword haha. A little bit is fun and makes you giggle, in higher doses it gets seriously trippy.
View attachment 18710604

One time we went hiking in the mountains after taking a decent amount of it and it was quite an adventure. Similar to when you take moderate doses of mushrooms or acid.

That's all the tikal pictures I had left. Great strain.
Tikal oil sounds fantastic. Its a favorite past time of mine to get stoned and wonder around the woods aimlessly.😁

Ravel

4 Tikals on F45 11/13

The two in the middle were topped, the two on the outsides were LSTed. Despite being 2 weeks younger, the LSTed plants are larger than the topped plants.

Front center - this one is the shortest and most Afghan influenced of the group.

Back center - More sativa influenced, this one had an amazing incense smell at first, but that died away entirely and was replaced by an unripe berry smell. It smells just like green, tart fruit.

Left - Pretty similar to the back center. Used to have incense smell which was replaced with unripe fruit.

Right - This one took the longest to start flowering and is showing very wild landrace looking flower structure. It had almost no smell at all until the past 4 or 5 days and is now developing a similar unripe fruit smell. This one was incredibly bushy and droopy throughout its life.

Any growing tips and criticisms would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5551.jpg
    IMG_5551.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 116

RobFromTX

4 Tikals on F45 11/13

The two in the middle were topped, the two on the outsides were LSTed. Despite being 2 weeks younger, the LSTed plants are larger than the topped plants.

Front center - this one is the shortest and most Afghan influenced of the group.

Back center - More sativa influenced, this one had an amazing incense smell at first, but that died away entirely and was replaced by an unripe berry smell. It smells just like green, tart fruit.

Left - Pretty similar to the back center. Used to have incense smell which was replaced with unripe fruit.

Right - This one took the longest to start flowering and is showing very wild landrace looking flower structure. It had almost no smell at all until the past 4 or 5 days and is now developing a similar unripe fruit smell. This one was incredibly bushy and droopy throughout its life.

Any growing tips and criticisms would be appreciated. Thanks!
You get that strawberry bubblegum aroma yet? These plants can smell amazing in flower

RobFromTX

No strawberry bubblegum sadly, but definitely a faint fruity smell. When you put your nose right up against the buds it smells like unripe fruit. Like a green strawberry or a fibrous unripe banana.
No strawberry bubblegum sadly, but definitely a faint fruity smell. When you put your nose right up against the buds it smells like unripe fruit. Like a green strawberry or a fibrous unripe banana.
If you like Tikal then dont forget about Guawi. It s a great hybrid. Same fruit smell just a little more intense effects

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful revegeta666 :D so happy to have the chance to admire your complete Tikal family finishing the flowering, and glad you are finding sativa effects with this strain that you have not found in Dutch strains!

Hi @Ravel thanks also for sharing pics and info of your current Tikal grow :) You are right, front center one it's the most Afghan influenced from NL/Haze.
The 2 in the back center look like the more tamed, sativa dom classic Tikal expressions of latest generations. The one in the right is the weird one of the group, she is flowering with Afghan type of leaflets (wide and dark) in the budsites, but at the same time is showing very delicate and thin pistils, classic trait of tropical sativa landraces and in fact closer to pure Guatemala, and a more tropical sativa flower development.

Ravel

Wonderful revegeta666 :D so happy to have the chance to admire your complete Tikal family finishing the flowering, and glad you are finding sativa effects with this strain that you have not found in Dutch strains!

Hi @Ravel thanks also for sharing pics and info of your current Tikal grow :) You are right, front center one it's the most Afghan influenced from NL/Haze.
The 2 in the back center look like the more tamed, sativa dom classic Tikal expressions of latest generations. The one in the right is the weird one of the group, she is flowering with Afghan type of leaflets (wide and dark) in the budsites, but at the same time is showing very delicate and thin pistils, classic trait of tropical sativa landraces and in fact closer to pure Guatemala, and a more tropical sativa flower development.

Thanks for the info, very helpful. If you had to guess, which one of the three phenos would be the laughiest/giggliest? I'm looking for a plant that causes extreme laughing jags.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ravel most probably the 2 with the most classic expressions, although i prefer to wait for your confirmation when the right time comes ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts