What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Backlight Early Flower

Backlight Early Flower

picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hello, These are three small hones sown at the end of July, for crosses:eek:ne has darker leaves, the second lighter (live is more evident)
picture.php

And this has the largest leaves, I do not know if it's a different phenotype:
picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Update

Update

Honduras on the left (an Ethiopian on the right)

picture.php

Sunlit top
picture.php

Backlit top:
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a beauty repuk! :huggg: I'm enjoying a lot with your tropical sativa updates!

How are you doing it to make sure that the female you want to pollinate is not receiving pollen from another male from other strain when they are all flowering at the same time and in the same place? Are you isolating the males and doing controlled hand pollinations ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi willydread,

The Honduras P1 seeds we grew also started with wider leaves in seedling stage, but once they reach their sexual maturity the leaves get thinner and thinner showing all her tropical sativa nature.

As described in Honduras' strain description, there are 2 main phenos in the strain. The 'mexican' pheno which has a paler green yellowish color, and the purple 'colombian' pheno, which developes dark greener foliage, showing purple petioles in flowering and also purple hues in the flowers with colder temps during the flowering.

Guess we will need to wait until they are more developed to be able to identify more traits. Best wishes with them! ;)

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am running two Honduras and chopped the male and smoked most of the top. Quite a bright energizing effect, reminds me of old Mexican pot. Pure sativa. Some laughs to be had too.

Hope the female is similar.

I will add that I smoked some and got pretty ripped and managed to describe some technical points of plumbing problems I was having to the plumber. Does not whack you out of being functional.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
I am running two Honduras and chopped the male and smoked most of the top. Quite a bright energizing effect, reminds me of old Mexican pot. Pure sativa. Some laughs to be had too.

Hope the female is similar.

I will add that I smoked some and got pretty ripped and managed to describe some technical points of plumbing problems I was having to the plumber. Does not whack you out of being functional.
I have the Honduras crossed to Panama from Ace and the intelligent energy crosses over very well. Very high and very bright minded I love it to bits.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Honduras sativa
unlike the sister with slightly wider and lighter leaves, she has much thinner and darker leaves, and is twice as tall, perhaps slightly further ahead as flowering, but it is the vigor of growth that amazed me ....

picture.php

cannacrab

After 3-4 months of curing, sharing notes with experienced friends about the different samples, and after receive the results of the cannabinoid and terpene profiles of the different females, i think we have now a better and wider overall idea about this sativa from Honduras. It's without any doubt a 100 % tropical sativa landrace from Central America (based on flowering times, floral structures, psychoactivity, aromas and overall personality) of amazing vigor, yield, and exciting effects.

The growing structure, flowering time, flower distribution and overall appearance reminds the old long flowering lowland colombians. On the other hand, the effect and terpenes are closer to the old mexican sativas of clean, happy and positive effects. The effects have a stimulant component similar to the more exciting and nervous african sativas.

The effect is exciting, would the best word to describe it. It starts gentle first, but comes quickly providing a strong rush of energy and motivation through the whole body, like a strong caffeine or excitant effect. The effect is super clear (crystalline) in the mind, expansive, stimulating the thoughts and the mood in a very positive, well focused and creative way. 'Feel good' sativa! :) The energetic, clear, positive and creative effect reaches the peak in 1 hour, then the excitant effects start to decrease, gently and progressively for 1 hour more, without tiredness or hangover. A lovely sativa trip of moderate strenght and duration, but with very desirable sativa qualities and without ceiling. The 'mood enhancer' effect lasts 2-3 hours more in a more subtle and functional way.

Excellent sativa to work, for music, for outdoor activities, to socialize ... good against migraine and apathy. Not recommended in case of anxiety, insomnia, heart problems or parkinson.

The strain is very uniform for several traits: very high vigor, strong branching, leaf traits, tropical sativa behaviour, flowering time (aprox 14 weeks), very high yield, huge fluffy floral structures, very high flower/leaf ratio, small sized ovaries, average-small resin production. The different females share a similar kind of psychoactivity, cannabinoid profile, aromas, and overall personality, with some deviations like in any landrace population.

So far we have found 3 distinct phenos (considering the differences of the effects and aromas). The first and most frequent is the 'mexican pheno'. The aroma and taste are mainly earthy, herbal and woody like many old mexicans, with a slight background of fermented citrics (commonly found in colombians and panamanian sativas), not especially refined or pleasant terpenes for modern standards although not disgusting at all for the old sativa lovers. This pheno produces plants with the most electric, stimulant and clear effects, almost like a discharge of pure energy of 1 hour duration, without ceiling or hangover. Females 2, 5, 9 and 11 belong to this pheno. The effect of the females 2 and 5 have a very desirable, positive, creative and 'mood enhancer' quality which i prefer over females 9 and 11, being the female 2 my favourite one, overall it has the best effect among the different females of this pheno. The thc content of this 'mexican' pheno is low (compared with modern hybrids): around 6-9 %, with none or very little CBD or CBG content. Second and third phenos are less frequent.

Honduras female 7 would be the second pheno. It has the same growing and flowering habits than the first 'mexican' pheno, but clearly stands out for having more refined, pleasant and stronger fermented lemony aromas. It also has the strongest, most balanced and complex effects, the highest THC (11.60 %) and terpene content. It's without any doubt the best female of the bunch.

Honduras female 15 would be the third pheno. It's an interesting, rare (not so frequent) late flowering pheno, with creamy tropical aromas and excellent stimulating effect. The yield and size of the plant was a bit smaller than her sisters, the flowering time was 1-2 weeks longer than the average, and the flower formation was slightly different, with less numerous, but bigger and thicker pistils (sorry, i had no chance to take pictures of this parental plant). The effect is very electric, clear, motivating, similar to the first pheno, but more complex and intense. It shares most of the aromas with the first pheno, but this female 15 has some creaminess and touches of tropical fruits, makes her slightly different than the other females too.

Summing up, the positive traits of this sativa from Honduras are: high yield, high flower/leaf ratio, high vigor, resistance and overall health, and of course the stimulating, clear and creative effects of the best females.

The traits to improve are the long flowering, thc and terpene content and hermie rate. I think the cannabinoid and terpene content can easily be increased and improved by breeding towards female 7. We hope to lower down the hermie rates a lot by reproducing only the non hermie parental plants.

As we speak the Honduras sativas is being reproduced in pure form using all the non hermie females (in order to keep the biggest genetic diversity possible for future generations) although i will focus the future breeding of the strain with my favourite females: 2, 15 and mainly 7. As commented in the first post 3 males were selected for the reproduction, 2 stinky males with reddish stems and 1 green male.

Beside that, we are also making some F1 hybrids between Honduras sativa and other central american sativas like Tikal, Panama and Hazes to learn how this sativa performs in outcrosses.

It’s a landrace sativa. Why are you not testing for THCV...

SolarLogos

It’s a landrace sativa. Why are you not testing for THCV...
If you read the thread by Dubi called Ace Strain Analysis on the main thread page, you will see on the first post Dubi states that the testing center did not have THCV analysis at the time.

Here is a copy of Dubi's post:

As you may know, we are in the process to analyze for cannabinoid and terpene content and ratios most of the parental plants we use to produce our seeds. We are also analyzing the parental plants of the new landraces we are exploring lately, to help us to decide which parental plants are the best ones or more suitable for breeding.

Although a trained smoker/breeder can easily recognize the best parental plants and best traits in a population, this knowledge is always subjective, so the results of the analysis always provide a complementary objective information that is really helpful for breeding and to understand better how the synergy between the cannabinoids and terpenes affects the effects of the cannabis strains.

To keep the information of the thread more accessible and organized this thread will be closed. We can discuss the results and their implications in another thread for this matter or in the concrete thread for each strain.

Although the cannabinoid contents could vary depending on how the genetics were grown (and certainly some of the samples analyzed could be grown better), but the cannabinoid ratios will remain the same, no matter how the samples were grown.

The samples have been analyzed by Fundación Canna, (a non profit branch of Canna company), which is the leader company for cannabinoid and terpene analysis in Spain and probably one of the most importants in Europe.

The person in charge of the analysis is a 'Cum Laude' geneticist with wide and long experience with cannabis breeding. He is also a friend of mine and a great, honest and very professional person, so i fully trust in the results of the analysis.

Unfortunately Fundación Canna has not the standard to recognize the THCV content in the samples, so we cannot provide this information yet, but hopefully we can offer results with THCV content and ratios as soon as it is possible in future analysis.

Wish you find this info vaulable and interesting!

[FONT=&quot]Kind regards, dubi - ACE Seeds [/FONT]

Hope this helps Cannacrab.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:
I have two female
TIKAL R7 (Peachy Incense Pheno) x Honduras

The Tikal leaner is bushier cola's are Intense Peach smelling..

The Honduras (leaner below) larger structure has an electric Berry smell with the softer Peach Background.. heavenly smelling...

picture.php
[/IMG]

Thanks WillyD..!

My GT Male thought they both were so hot, must have been horny as a "Shin-dog" nailed a couple of lower branches on both..!!