What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavitas, Og's and rockwool

KulaKush

To get three 2.5-3 a light with gavitas think 25 sq ft per light. No isles, tables on rollers that close up covering a rectangular area 1 ft surrounded by walls. Think of it like this. An old school digital ballast hood setup covers a 4x4 area 16 sq ft. My 14 lighter covered 224 sq ft. I can illuminate the same foot print now using 9 gavitas and you could pull 28 for 9 Gavita lights hitting 3 a light. Just like I would pull 28 on my 14 lighter hitting 2 a light.

Silent, well chlorophyll is present in bud sites, that pigment can capture light energy and photosynthesis can take place. And yeah, that's the whole point of defoiliating , giving those lower buds light so that they are not popcorn.

Kula, 100 grams per square foot. Grams per watt are irrelevant to me. Read early discussions. 2.4 per is our minimum per light. With only 11 square foot a light. Grams per watt is not a concern, especially with regulations pertaining to square footage not wattage.

Yeah I get what you are saying kula, but 100g a square for a 25sqft spread would be 5.5 lbs a light lol I think 2.4 on the low average for 11sqft is just fine, and I'd if you add up square footage yields 2.4 on 11sqft blows 3 on 25sqft out of the water

kingace00

What PH do you keep your nutrient solution at? Is there a reason you soak in 4.0 ph? The label says 5.5. New at rock wool so I just wanted to know. Thanks.

Kingace00, I actually went back to soaking at 5.5. I played with ph a lot, had great results at different conditioning ph and feed ph. It's strange, in the last two years, I have been plagued by ph issues that don't plague most. I constantly have to test my run off and adjust my feed ph accordingly. Now I'm just fully saturating the cubes, letting them sit for 30 min. , stacking them to drain then plugging the starts and watering minimally until their roots are established.

Sturgeongeneral, it's an unnamed sativa variety with unknown heritage.

And thanks fastracks

jahshaka

you sir are killing it...akin to the jungle boys set up. what you think of pure blend pro as a base. does it bring out the terps more so than others or isit just benificial in the yeild department?

i switched to mills a and b jahshaka. pure blend works, so does mills. didnt notice any change in fragance. though mills seems to pack on a little more weight. and thanks

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Very nice growroom and plants HighGradeOnly. What made you switch from the PBP to Mills? Do you still use the Advanced products too? Whats the reasoning for revamping the entire setup?

Keep up the good work,

-Funk