What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome psychologos1 :)

Glad to hear you are growing Kali China again, that's a good sign!

Fastest Kali Chinas can be harvested in just 7-8 weeks, your taller KC seems to need 10-14 days more, but the smaller one is almost there! ;)

R

red23

Welcome red23 :)

Your Kali China looks like offspring coming from F3 mother, you can expect a more sativa lanky structure in your plant and a longer flowering time than most current Kali Chinas from F4 generation.

What's your latitude ? Kali China usually starts the flowering in late July at 37ºN.
She looks happy so far with the feeding, All Mix Bio Bizz usually has quite a lot of nutrients, now onwards you can feed her with EC levels from 0.8-1.2 EC and in correct Ph range for soil (6.5-6.8). Good luck!
A quick,update on "Lanky" :) She's been defoliated twice since last.Likes her water and afternoon sun.

Attachments

• IMG_4608.jpg
    IMG_4608.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4623.jpg
    IMG_4623.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 30
R

red23

A quick,update on "Lanky" :) She's been defoliated twice since last.Likes her water and afternoon sun.
A couple a day ago she was given 1ml of bio bloom for the first time.

Attachments

• IMG_4632.jpg
    IMG_4632.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 15

ColaCalyx

Kali China progress

Kali China progress

Looking healthy, I will have to transplant soon as I want her to grow as big as she likes.

Attachments

• 20180617_143726.jpg
    20180617_143726.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 16
R

red23

A couple a day ago she was given 1ml of bio bloom for the first time.
Unpredictable weather! High temperatures combined with strong wind, she kicked.Semi indoors with defoliation becoming a daily routine,I hope we are going the right way:)Lanky

Attachments

• IMG_5433.jpg
    IMG_5433.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5443.jpg
    IMG_5443.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5445.jpg
    IMG_5445.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
R

red23

Unpredictable weather! high temperatures combined with strong wind, she kicked.Semi indoors with defoliation becoming a daily routine,I hope we are going the right way:)Lanky
Minimal damage,I hope.Robust stem.

Attachments

• IMG_5450.jpg
    IMG_5450.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5455.jpg
    IMG_5455.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 21

ColaCalyx

KC organic outdoor

KC organic outdoor

My KC is blowing up. I topped for four mains and she has spread her energy between them fairly evenly.
I originally chose this sprout out of (3), because it displayed purple coloring and a stout build. It also features variegation in it's leaves. Another member here said he had a plant with variegated leaves and purple coloring, that was a fast finisher. Perhaps this might be the case with mine.
I was under the impression this plant stays a smaller size, but I feel it is gonna get huge. I will be transplanting up to 45 gallon fabric pots at the end of the month. I hope it doesn't stall the growth.

Attachments

• 20180624_162746.jpg
    20180624_162746.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 24

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Unpredictable weather! High temperatures combined with strong wind, she kicked.Semi indoors with defoliation becoming a daily routine,I hope we are going the right way:)Lanky

Hi red23,

If your Kali China is yellowing and losing leaf then she is most probably hungry and is not receiving enough nutrients in the correct ph range. She will enjoy a transplant to a bigger pot at this point. Make sure you are watering and feeding with a ph between 6.5-6.8 and feeding with an EC of at least 1.2-1.4 until she recovers the deep green color.

Hope it helps.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My KC is blowing up. I topped for four mains and she has spread her energy between them fairly evenly.
I originally chose this sprout out of (3), because it displayed purple coloring and a stout build. It also features variegation in it's leaves. Another member here said he had a plant with variegated leaves and purple coloring, that was a fast finisher. Perhaps this might be the case with mine.
I was under the impression this plant stays a smaller size, but I feel it is gonna get huge. I will be transplanting up to 45 gallon fabric pots at the end of the month. I hope it doesn't stall the growth.

Hi ColaCalyx,

Lovely outdoor Kali China :) This strain has moderate vigor indoors with short veg stages, but outdoors with longer time to grow they can develop really big and high yielding bushes. The transplant will increase her vigor and growth even more.

R

red23

Hi red23,

If your Kali China is yellowing and losing leaf then she is most probably hungry and is not receiving enough nutrients in the correct ph range. She will enjoy a transplant to a bigger pot at this point. Make sure you are watering and feeding with a ph between 6.5-6.8 and feeding with an EC of at least 1.2-1.4 until she recovers the deep green color.

Hope it helps.
Thanks Dubi :)

ColaCalyx

Hi ColaCalyx,

Lovely outdoor Kali China :) This strain has moderate vigor indoors with short veg stages, but outdoors with longer time to grow they can develop really big and high yielding bushes. The transplant will increase her vigor and growth even more.
Thank you dubi, that's great news. It amazes me that you are here responding to everyone about Ace's genetics, and helping everyone along. Quite the community here. Irie vibes!
:plant grow::tiphat:

xinox

Hello there,

I am still flowering 5 Kali China and 11 Rotten Panda and i just entered the 7th week.

The Rotten Panda is really a special plant, the aroma is really special and a nice modification of the cheese. I got some interesting pheno...

Two long one will yield like crazy, i think they will go 10 week. For now the taste is well present but not the strongest but it could change.

One have a very special bud and leaf shape, with a warm cheese smell.

My favorite is a medium yielder (for this strain, so still a nice yielder), but pretty fast ; 8 week will be good i think. Also she smell very strong and she have dark color, so i think it is some kind of purple pheno.

Kali china in the other hand is a very surprising plant... I do not know what to think at first, especially as they don't smell very hard until the beginning of the sixth week. Also i got some problem with my soil mix, so some plant have some difficulty to start. But the 2 more sativa pheno are so vigorous.

Taste is hard to describe, in my opinion it's the standard cannabis smell, the one that everyone know, but ingeniously increase to oblivion ! The two sativa pheno have a more harsh/spicy taste with this orange background, and they seems pretty fast (8-9 weeks) with low-medium yield. One other pheno is very very fast (7 week) with a very deep/sweet taste that is hard to describe, maybe sugar cane... honestly so much sugar on it, i mingled her with a rotten panda and was so surprise when i saw the label. But my favorite is a 9 week low yielder plant that smell truly like heaven... it smell orange at first, then their is this ethyl rose odor. Hard to describe but i cannot wait to finish her :biggrin:

You were right to say that this generation are low yielder. Compare to the rotten panda they are not ridiculous but it's not comparable. Also the 5 pheno are all fast finisher. Also i can say that i recently grew some American or elite clone genetics, and as far as i know these plant can compete. Good job dubi for this excellent work :biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi xinox,

You are right, Rotten Panda is a very rewarding hybrid, very easy to grow, high yielding, resinous, very aromatic, with great bag appeal, strong effects, overall it's a great commercial strain, i still wonder why i didn't produced more Rotten Panda stock, but guess Skunk effects are not my cup of tea.

On the other hand, Kali China is highly inbred and therefore not a big yielder, but produces the quality of terpenes and effects i really like. It's one of the breds i feel more proud of. And a major genetic building block for many successful hybrids produced in the latest years at ACE Seeds.

Feel free to post pics of them if you have the chance, should be a pleasure to see them now in their 7th week of flowering :)

Herbage

Kali China 12 weeks of 11/13.
One of the most aesthetically pleasing plants, from the colour, structure, leaves, even the roots looked beautiful. But the aroma is something else, mango mango mango, with a bit of cream, you can taste it just from the smell, very distinct aromas. Very easy to grow, but very sensitive to N.
Dense buds with such flavours you wouldn't expect. Great one to bring for a social smoke, hugs you in sense of well being and relaxation.
Another pleasure to grow. Thank you Ace.

Attachments

• IMAG1010.jpg
    IMAG1010.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG1061.jpg
    IMAG1061.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMAG1072.jpg
    IMAG1072.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG1074.jpg
    IMAG1074.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG1084.jpg
    IMAG1084.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 42

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks to you Herbage for sharing your feedback with Kali China :)
Interesting pheno, more sativa than average in current generations.

Glad you are enjoying her so much, i always comment on the special terpene qualities and quality of the effect of Kali China, glad more and more growers are appreciating these qualities in KC line.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Mine developed a really unique and amazing aroma once cured... like grilled liver with a touch of a non-existant incense on top.

Really unique, I'd say Gourmet, smoke.

Will be growing it on next indoor for sure!

ColaCalyx

Kali China organic outdoor progress

Kali China organic outdoor progress

My KC in a 45 gallon pot. Beautifully structured plant. Just finished pruning and spreading the plant open before flower at the end of this month.

Attachments

• 20180719_155538.jpg
    20180719_155538.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180719_155853.jpg
    20180719_155853.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 24

orfeas

Veteran
what's the matter with you guys? You seem to be under the impression we ain't getting enough neck exercising... :biggrin:

Beauty of a plant!

:tiphat:orfeas

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Mine developed a really unique and amazing aroma once cured... like grilled liver with a touch of a non-existant incense on top.

Really unique, I'd say Gourmet, smoke.

Will be growing it on next indoor for sure!

Glad you enjoyed with terpene profile of your Kali China's, repuk ;)
It's without any doubt one of our best strains regarding rich and complex terpene profiles ... the grilled liver it's one of my favorite aromatic expressions from this strain ... usually the grilled liver smelling phenos have touches of violet flowers, making a real pleasant and exotic blend ..... although i also love the fruity mango incensey Kali Chinas :D

Pop more Kali China seeds if you have the chance, you won't be disappointed with the wide variety of high quality aromas that this strain has to offer.