What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where to buy/get Finola seeds from?

aglio

...hi there! on another note... does any body have any experience with growing FEDORA 17? or finola on a big field? cheers

Jocke777

(Sorry if I choose the wrong forum)

Does anyone know where (preferably in Europe) I could buy/get a small amount of (notably viable, non-sterilised) Finola seeds? Finola.fi only has 25 kg sacks...
I know that it isn't a drug strain but "just" hemp, still it may have some advantages for me ;) .

Some infos on its smell and taste (not the smoke LoL) would also be appreciated :) .
Hi! Finola seeds you can buy from Ruohonjuuri.fi in Helsinki for example. this seeds is in 500g 5,75 € and 250g 3,99 € packs. This seeds garminates good and are regular autoflower. I tested to grow them on the infront of the window so in 9 days there came some male flowers and the female tuck about 1 month or so. Outside they get tall. A 50/50 Hashplant and Finola gets ready in the midle of October is the souteast in Finland in the summertime Jun-August.

Hank64

@oldchuck did you get your mydx working? I have been taking my stuff to a lab in Denver for testing but it gets expensive fast.

I just placed an order at yrttilato.fi how long did it take for your seeds to come?
I assume your in the states.

I have a plant right now that has under 1 percent thc and hits over 17 percent cbd. Looking at dropping the thc to .3 or less so it can be grown as hemp with high cbd.

oldchuck

Veteran
@Hank, no. That device is junk as far as I'm concerned. I wish there was a lab near me I could use. I'm still guessing.

The order from Finland came fairly quickly, couple years ago now but I think two or three weeks. And yes, I am in eastern US.

belivitez

Pink finola

picture.php

Finola
picture.php

Docteur

Finola fields in Canada

Finola fields in Canada

Finola fields growing in my area in Quebec, it's so nice to run inside them hahaha

Interesting info : FINOLA is a short, dioecious, auto-flowering and early maturing hempseed crop. The grain (called “hempseed”) is harvested by a conventional combine. In terms of grain yield, it is themost productive variety for grain. A record grain yield of 3000 kg/Ha was produced in Alberta, Canada. Organic farmers should not swath fields that have been fertilized with un-composted manure! Up to 5-7 tons/Ha of straw may be produced from this variety. FINOLA grows best in continental and temperate regions, between latitudes 40o - 60o. Irrigation is recommended
in drought prone areas. FINOLA’s high grain production, ease of harvest, sweet nutty taste
and unique oil profile make it the oilseed crop of choice for both foods and feed.

The FINOLA oilseed hemp variety is an excellent source of sustainable food and fiber. The exceptional fatty acid profile in Finola hempseed oil offers a rich source of the two essential fatty acids (EFAs); omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA 22%) and omega-6 linoleic acid (LA 56%), in addition to significant amounts of gamma linolenic acid (GLA 4%) and stearidonic acid (SDA 2%).

Attachments

• 20170915_172905.jpg
    20170915_172905.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 109
  • 20170915_172900.jpg
    20170915_172900.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 20170915_172907.jpg
    20170915_172907.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 120

2pacJackHerrer

Finola , cannabis light store

Finola , cannabis light store

Se puó interessare, puoi acquistare tramite questo sito "cannabis light store" la finola , la vendono a stock da 6 10 30 , prezzo di 10mi sembra 30€

Sachiel

In my experience the trait is not on/off switch in Finola.Never had a Finola that started to flower in August-September, but just 24 days after germination of the seed.If you make crossings the trait is quite dominant, even with Haze.

Keep on growing :)

Hey mexcurandero42,

could you tell me how these Finola x Haze crosses turned out? How potent (THC content) was the F1/F2? I am currently trying to adapt pure Asian Sats to 55°N without using Indica.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hey mexcurandero42,

could you tell me how these Finola x Haze crosses turned out? How potent (THC content) was the F1/F2? I am currently trying to adapt pure Asian Sats to 55°N without using Indica.

I'm not him but I'll try to help out.

Assuming haze to be around 10% thc, I'd expect about 5% cbd 5% thc from the f1 but that's a guesstimate. All will have cbd & thc. Make an f2 and you can expect to find around 25% of pure thc genotypes. This is where you will need to select...

Finola x Nepal x Finola grown on 12/12, pollinated by original haze. The resulting hybrid was quite slow to show sex and would not finish at my latitude (60-65n). A straight finola x haze just might on a good year..

Sachiel

Hey Thule, thank you for the info regarding cannabinoid profie! Could you elaborate more on the expected flowering - type in an F1 of "Potent" x Finola? Is the early-flowering-trait dominant?
I was hoping it is, because the Autoflower-gene is not, and only starts to show in the F3/F4 etc...:thinking:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hey Thule, thank you for the info regarding cannabinoid profie! Could you elaborate more on the expected flowering - type in an F1 of "Potent" x Finola? Is the early-flowering-trait dominant?
I was hoping it is, because the Autoflower-gene is not, and only starts to show in the F3/F4 etc...:thinking:

It has everything to do with what you cross it with. You could say the early flowering is quite dominant, as anything you cross it with would probably flower at your latitude, but none of the f1 will flower as fast as finola. My finola hybrid with 25% of Annapurna Nepal grows a lot bigger than pure finola and is later flowering. Some produce noticeable amounts of thc, but all of them are pretty high in cbd. Good for edibles and such.

From my experiences f1 crosses with indicas, hybrids, or himalayan strains will be very early flowering and can be brought to flower in 2-3 weeks from seed on 12/12. True tropicals are more stubborn and can be thought of as dominant for late flowering. I have less experience with those but I'm running a bunch of such hybrids right now in hopes of finding fast flowering thc dominant males to back cross with original haze.

To sum it up, you will need a lot of finola genes to tame a South East Asian strain, Himalayans will be easier to work with.

North Indian (kullu jungli) x finola from ~10 years ago. Started late april and grew very big but did not quite finish in time. Thinking back to this hybrid I don't think finola x Thai would have a chance of finishing here.. I'll still try if I have such pollen flying around as I never waste a good male and I'm too damn curious

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

25% chance for autoflowering in de f1

Treevly

Here it is 2021....... I am looking for viable, reproducing hemp or ditchweed seeds, preferably not overly tall plants. There seem to be Scandinavian sites which might work, but not in English. If anyone knows of a source, please advise. Thank you.

goingrey

It seems like the site UFOpilot mentioned only delivers within the EU but does seem like a good source.

If you're looking for a large amount of Finola seed (min 25kg) you can go straight to the source: https://finola.fi/

Smaller amounts you might well be able to find in your local grocery store. If not the one on the corner then from the closest "whole foods" type store, or alternatively a pet store's bird/horse feed section. Of course depending on where you live, the local regulations might require sterilization (toasting) of the seeds making that a no-go (mainly this would be in North America, I think).

Viability of seeds sold for food might not be perfect even where regulation does not require sterilization. Oldchuck reported as low as 25% earlier in the thread. But seeing as many people eat them as sprouts, in general they should be viable. Here is one store with an English website and international shipping that sells Finola seeds as food: https://foodin.fi/en/tuote/finnish-hemp-seed-500g/

If you are interested in the ditchweed types (feral hemp) - and who wouldn't be, it is only the limited nature of time and space that is keeping me from growing some - you might want to look into these two varieties from ACE Seeds:

Hokkaido Japan: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/brands/ace-seeds/hokkaidojapanstd.html

Siberian Ruderalis: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/siberianruderalis.html (currently out of stock at ACE but maybe some retailer still has some).