What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 Blazing Blues in Coco DTW HGO Style

Snydgrow

Hello to all on icmag :wave:

I have been singed up for a good few years just never got round to posting as was more active on other forums.

My main growing style is flood & drain in mapito ive been doing it this way for atleast 5years and hit gpw depending on strain I love it but it was time for a change I read HGO thread years ago and really liked this growing style i think the coco appeals to me the most no more breathing in them fibres from the rockwool :jump:

So the setup:

80x80x180cm Veg Tent
Gavita on 600w
Can 4" 270m3 outtake
Canna Coco Professional Plus
Mills Nutrients
Metrop Calgreen
Superthrive
H&G Root Stimulator

The flower room will be 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.8 loft tent.

Some pics for now :)

Snydgrow

The plants are in 5.7l pots and pump is maxijet 1000 only question if anyone can help I fed them via drippers first time yesterday it took 2minutes for run off to come out is this a good time? I was going to feed once everyday for now but pot still fully saturated should I go once every 2days roots are out the bottom and plants have been in pots about 5days now.

Thanks

Snydgrow

Snydgrow

Ok so I'm thinking water everyday as reading more through HGOs thread as roots are out bottom of pots already. Also is using Calmag necessary in Coco? I only use it to raise ec by .1 so not that much.

Any advice be appreciated

Cheers

Snydgrow

Sampson0420

For me, the more you water, the more growth you get. So once my roots are established, I will water 3 times a day with amazing results.

As far as cal-mag and coco... it depends. With tap water, you have to do some testing with ppm meter and read a water report. My water is under 80 ppm and had some mg def on my first round. I added 1ml of calmag+ and 1/8 teaspoon of epson salt per gallon to my mix now, all good.

Snydgrow

Sampson420

Yea my tap ec is 0.4 and always used calmag as it's been needed but I there's calcium in the coco I heard but going to add it see what happens thanks for reply

Snyd

Snydgrow

So I watered again yesterday the drippers was on for about 2minutes and I got out roughly 100ml to 150ml of drain water from each pot they took about a litre of water each.

Ec 1.1 Ph5.7 going in and read the drain water of each plant it varied from dropping .1 to .2 ec ph was same I'm assuming this cause there in new coco not stabilise yet and plus I rinsed clay pebbles and added a top layer to pot.

Some pics there starting to come round now I will use the tops of plants for cuttings always find these the strongest mothers :)

Sampson0420

So I watered again yesterday the drippers was on for about 2minutes and I got out roughly 100ml to 150ml of drain water from each pot they took about a litre of water each.

Ec 1.1 Ph5.7 going in and read the drain water of each plant it varied from dropping .1 to .2 ec ph was same I'm assuming this cause there in new coco not stabilise yet and plus I rinsed clay pebbles and added a top layer to pot.

Some pics there starting to come round now I will use the tops of plants for cuttings always find these the strongest mothers :)
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73015&pictureid=1740451&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73015&pictureid=1740452&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73015&pictureid=1740454&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73015&pictureid=1740453&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

They are looking good! I've been told multiple times don't measure runoff on coco, it will just confuse things imo. Keep the right stuff going in and all should be good. Thanks for the new pics!

Snydgrow

They are looking good! I've been told multiple times don't measure runoff on coco, it will just confuse things imo. Keep the right stuff going in and all should be good. Thanks for the new pics!

Thanks for keeping this thread alive bro appreciate it :thumb:

Yea it through me a little after ec come out but plants are bit light so will up the a&b tonight to 1.2 -1.3 see how they get on :)

Snydgrow

Forgot to add. Nice clean looking grow. Keep the pics coming.

Thanks Absolem that was a good read on coco definitely cleared up some questions I had :)

Here is a couple pics plants taking well to 1.25ec feeding once a day will move to twice a day in next couple days can't believe how quick there growing even in veg look forward to seeing how they explode in flower :jump: really liking this way of growing have to say.

Snydgrow

Here is a pic of my Orange Diesel Version 3 at week 6 very nice strain but stalks very flimsy don't think il grow this again because of this shame as it very frosty.

Also I have Karmas headstash just confirmed this one as a girl :)

Snydgrow

Snydgrow

That looks like some good nug! Did you say what size pots you are using? what you thinking/hoping yield wise?

Thanks sampson there in Mapito a rockwool & coco mixture. And for the girls in coco there in 5.7ltr pots and hoping to get a gpw I usually pull this my other growing style and can't see why I wouldn't from the way the girls are growing atm but even if it's less first round il be happy :)

Setting the flower tent up tomorrow if shop has it in so will upload pics then

Cheers

Snydgrow

Snydgrow

Ok people the shop still didn't get tent in there useless in my local shop so ordered one offline should be here Tuesday/Wednesday will flower these soon as it arrives :)

Started giving them 2 feeds now at 1.3ec pH5.8-6.0 going to use the Canna aqua nutes I have the ec and ph jumping around with the mills think they might be out of date or something? Only 2feeds as if it was 3 plants would be even bigger so happy I finally tried this method because of hitting good results in Mapito didn't want to make the move but feel with the Coco DTW I have so much more control over my plants.

Pics for now plants all have been topped.

A

AmaAlza

Great looking plants & nice setup just started my 2nd grow with coco hope it turns out like yours

Latest posts

Latest posts