What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Been following this post with much interest. Just put a fem Zam x KC into 12/12 yesterday after 7 weeks of veg. Mine looks exactly like all that I've seen posted so these seem very consistent. Has a nice subtle spicy funk aroma to it.

DWD, you've been posting a lot of nice strains over the past year, so the fact that this one has been your favorite all summer says a lot. :)

deepwaterdude

Been following this post with much interest. Just put a fem Zam x KC into 12/12 yesterday after 7 weeks of veg. Mine looks exactly like all that I've seen posted so these seem very consistent. Has a nice subtle spicy funk aroma to it.

DWD, you've been posting a lot of nice strains over the past year, so the fact that this one has been your favorite all summer says a lot. :)

Hey, Buddler; dubi said they were taking after Panama, and she smells pure sugar lemon Green Panama, so I'm thinking it comes from the lowland, Panama phenos of the original cross plus some ZAm characteristics that I wouldn't know how to recognize. I can't believe how big that bud got! And she still has to plump up a bit:biggrin:

TexasT, welcome aboard, thanks for the gander. The ZAm x KCs are a good choice, a really fine, balanced Indica/sativa bud with a strong, heady effect and great flavor, look etc.. Can get very big;) Post a pic of your girl on here and we'll follow along.

I say it's the best from this summer because it was the ONLY bud I smoked since July... Had some old GT and outdoor Panama, but was overdry, so I bubbled that out. If I had some green or red panama or Banghi Haze left, I would surely have mixed them in as all great smokes.
But it's true that zam kc might be just downright stronger, altering, intense, than the other two. I haven't got bored of it at all between the now 7 plants I've harvested of it and sampled. The two recently harvested are a very fruity, dark purple one, and a lime green skunky/oniony? The ones outdoors smell of dank fruit.
ATM I'm struggling through a second spliff of Zammy Tammy with ringing ears. She was taken at 11 weeks looking like an ornamental plant, with elongated, purple buds, covered in crystal. Badass. And cured 3 months, she rips. Especially with a good sprinkle of GT bubblehash.:biggrin:
Again, when I find a dispensary strain that works me this way, with no dirt or letdown, I will lay down my arms. Until then, I keep growing.
Orfeas, after your Orient Express inspired triple haiku, I'm popping two;)
Haven't yet cut PamZam 3, will tmrw AM, scout's honor.

Here's Alfalfa bud from Aug 25 to Oct 12.

Attachments

• Random ZamPam 1 bud.jpg
    Random ZamPam 1 bud.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Lifesize Alfalfa-just massive.jpg
    Lifesize Alfalfa-just massive.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 12
  • PZ1 alfalfa closer.jpg
    PZ1 alfalfa closer.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 12
G

Howdy Dwude!You're right that running more than one specimens of the same strain can give you grail stuff easier,or at least not abort a line just because of one plant(which could go wrong because of grower errors ,a-hem).Hell,there are seedbanks that are raving that you can definetly get a keeper out a 15-pack :biggrin:For example,I am already stoked about the bubba/kc I got coming in the next days,while the one I grew in the tent didn't impress me,I really liked the smoke but yielded low and didn't dig the structure.It probably just didn't like to be topped.Not to mention the different genetic recombinations in any line,even the most stable/homogenous ones.

Of course more OE is always a good thing! :biggrin:

Regarding overwatering problems,I will continue to provide each day ,at least while the temps are relatively high,I might have to go once every other day a little more heavily.They don't seem to mind,just a couple likes a little less,no problem with the frequency of waterings(yet!!).As you said,haven't heard of everyday watering in soil,of course there must be about 30% of coco and perlite combined in the mix.Thanks brother!

Waiting for some fiskared pamzams...:dance013:

deepwaterdude

Outdoor Zamaldelica x KC clones Oct 19 - 1 of 3

Outdoor Zamaldelica x KC clones Oct 19 - 1 of 3

@ syd, hell, if they're drinking it and staying healthy, keep it coming;)

Still couldn't bring myself to chop PZ3, but did take a buncha pictures;) She's definitely ready, just couldn't get it together to chop her and rewire all the tops of the other plants. Need to spend a good half hour inside the tent.

There'll be three photo posts: the Outdoor, PZs 1 and 3, then #2, who is looking pretty ready, too.

It was nippy outside this morning and I got to them before the sun hit, so I was trembling too much to get all the pics super sharp, but some good images. According to the weather folks, temps are good enough for them to go until Nov 1st.

Attachments

• Stayed small, but healthy and tasty.jpg
    Stayed small, but healthy and tasty.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Forest of little tops.jpg
    Forest of little tops.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Lady S clone.jpg
    Lady S clone.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 10
  • Shaky profile.jpg
    Shaky profile.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Oct 19-shaking too much.jpg
    Oct 19-shaking too much.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Two blurry old dudes, watchinng the fence.jpg
    Two blurry old dudes, watchinng the fence.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 15
  • A try at Miss P close.jpg
    A try at Miss P close.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Miss P clone cola.jpg
    Miss P clone cola.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Miss P Oct 19.jpg
    Miss P Oct 19.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Lady S clone detail.jpg
    Lady S clone detail.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 15

deepwaterdude

October 19 Panama x Zamaldelica Indoor - 2/3

October 19 Panama x Zamaldelica Indoor - 2/3

These are numbers 1 and 3. Three is ready, but I apparently am not;) She'll come down Saturday at 12 weeks.
Number 1 is, well, numero uno in this bunch;) Continues to go for it and get half strength base nutes.
Number 2 turned out particularly photogenic this time and so gets her own post, finally:biggrin: She's got more crystal than I thought.

I think I took testers from 2 + 3 a week ago that were quite good, so I imagine 10 days later or so they might be near some sort of sweet spot... or maybe all spots are equally sweet? Have to take another look at trichs on Saturday, make sure there's a good mix of colors.

PZ2 next.

Attachments

• PZ3-still alive.jpg
    PZ3-still alive.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Quite a mess but fading well.jpg
    Quite a mess but fading well.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Pretty well toasted.jpg
    Pretty well toasted.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 12
  • PZ1 from cola @12weeks.jpg
    PZ1 from cola @12weeks.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PZ1 cola Oct 19.jpg
    PZ1 cola Oct 19.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Thing's as big as a submarine sandwich.jpg
    Thing's as big as a submarine sandwich.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Still going!.jpg
    Still going!.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Anyone else got a chubby?.jpg
    Anyone else got a chubby?.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Alfalfa from butt and little friend on right.jpg
    Alfalfa from butt and little friend on right.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 18

deepwaterdude

Panama x Zamaldelica #2 - Update 3/3

Panama x Zamaldelica #2 - Update 3/3

Here we are at 2 days shy of 12 weeks with the lemon/earth pheno. Fading well, more than the occasional nanner, but I hoping she'll swell a little more and absorb some of her red hair. When PZ3 comes down, I'll slide PZ1 over to the back of the tent and spread the girls out. Lot of staking and tying to come. A dude's work is never done. :peacock:

I wish I had a pic of Big Pink Pan to put alongside these as comparison. Huge, heavily crystalled calyxes, with stubby groups of angry pistils and same terpene profile as #2. Here's the girl, close to her end. I think. Input not unwelcome.

Attachments

• Potency there is.jpg
    Potency there is.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 12
  • The fade.jpg
    The fade.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Reminds me a lot of Big Pink Panama.jpg
    Reminds me a lot of Big Pink Panama.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 13
  • PZ2 Cola.jpg
    PZ2 Cola.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 14
  • PZ2 cola from back oct 19.jpg
    PZ2 cola from back oct 19.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Typical top PZ2.jpg
    Typical top PZ2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 13
  • PZ2 crystal and nads.jpg
    PZ2 crystal and nads.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 12
  • PZ2 close.jpg
    PZ2 close.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 12

orfeas

Veteran
jeej dudemate's been making it anew an' afresh
jolly merry peeping , thanks heaps!
astounding shots non-verbal eloquence at its best
you definitely deserve a stressed A :biggrin: *

looks as if every individual is top notch in their own rights
rendering me somewhat melancholic knowing it'll all be gone fairly soon
but then you've got the toddlers striding right behind the elderly :biggrin:

Keep up the show lad!

:tiphat:orfeas

* a quadruple haikou ? :)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Two quick shots...this fine lady went into flower only two days ago. She is looking robust so far and has a nice KC incense/musky aroma. They are never as tall as you think they are but I reckon she's around 14 inches or so. My OE which is flowering right now and has turned into a nice bush was about this size when she went in a month ago.

deepwaterdude

Hey, thanks, my Buds :tiphat: all the hermying is a bit disappointing, but a few S1s won't be.
Buddler, those GT donkey tonks are off the charts, as was the bubs. Huge respect, my man.
Tex-Your OE looks excellent, very healthy start on both. I'd put money on that ZAm x KC purpling toward 6-7 weeks just from the little red in it. I've had 2 totally green phenos and 5 fruitier purps that all started with red leaf stems as the only hint. And if you want a bigger plant, just give her a big pot; my 6 footers were sharing 16gal of coco and got scarily massive started smaller maybe than yours, though older, while 3 and 5 gal turned out size of your OE.
The one you're digging outdoors is clone of Miss Perfect, and she is that in every way;) That one tends to have blue, super dense, super euphoric mango cream buds, a Queen among princesses.
If you've read the thread, you know I'm a light freak. At risk of feeding the monster, wanna say a bit about your COBs? Maybe a pic? I've got that Amare 450 SE just sitting there, looking underused and pissed while a massive Malawi freezes outside.

Orf - these prickly spires, muses of a sort,
sirens that sing me to their island
and lay me down
under impossible skies
to feed me grapes and drape
their perfumed hair
on salty skin
These,
Are some fine examples of marijuana plants. No, wait.
These... ach, lost it. :biggrin:

orfeas

Veteran
G'morning dude!
there used to be a very old tradition practised particularly by elders in the northern part of Cyprus, frackin' sadly still occupied by Turkish troops...somewhat similar to Northern Ireland...
where they would compete in verse, in fairs, weddings and any social gathering...

can't beat your excellent verse, not now... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orf

deepwaterdude

G'morning dude!
there used to be a very old tradition practised particularly by elders in the northern part of Cyprus, frackin' sadly still occupied by Turkish troops...somewhat similar to Northern Ireland...
where they would compete in verse, in fairs, weddings and any social gathering...

can't beat your excellent verse, not now... :biggrin:

Yep, now we do it by text;) Some traditions should never be lost... GT bubble is a giddy companion for the back and forth, I might add.

Had a good one about Spanakopita that I can't quite remember, and another Ode to the Taste of the Mighty Sea Urchin I wrote after a harrowing sushi experience in NY that is also on the outskirts of my memory. Have to see if I can pull that up, hysterical.

Here's a modern rendition in the great tradition of the Bards, traveling poets who entertained the courts. Very serious;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEJvzhXgufg

gooday, all

ULMW

DWD, beautiful job with your plants. Really got some weighty buds on them. Lovely!!! Happy Harvest and Continually Happy Growing!

deepwaterdude

Panama x Zamaldelica #3 pics after harvest

Panama x Zamaldelica #3 pics after harvest

DWD, beautiful job with your plants. Really got some weighty buds on them. Lovely!!! Happy Harvest and Continually Happy Growing!

Thank you kindly, ULMW. The cola of #3 must weigh 3 pounds:biggrin: Or I'm getting a lot weaker...

Here she is with her big leaves off. For reference, the cardboard box is a bit more than 1m squared, or 3 feet +.

I looked at trichs on the first and bottom most branch I took and was happy to see more amber. Ideally, i.e. without the male flowers, I would have taken her another week, maybe.

Her terpenes are a very light sugar lemon with other very high notes... she'll be revealed with a real cure;) The pile of smaller branches bottom right will go to hash, I think.

Gooday, all, dee dubya dee

Attachments

• Chrystal there is.jpg
    Chrystal there is.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PZ3 closeup.jpg
    PZ3 closeup.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Heavy tops.jpg
    Heavy tops.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 10
  • The cola is very heavy.jpg
    The cola is very heavy.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 14
  • Panama x Zamaldelica Harvest at 12 weeks.jpg
    Panama x Zamaldelica Harvest at 12 weeks.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 15

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
That's some beautiful herb right there. And an enticing description. :)

I took your advice and up potted my ZxKC. She's taller than I realized too, at 17 inches. So yesterday I stuck her in about a 5 gallon pot which is as big as I would want to get her in my small space. She's in some rich soil: 1/2 ProMix with mycos, 1/2 Coast of Maine organic soil. Also added a little dolomite lime, biochar, rock dust and kelp meal. It's not a terribly overkill mix by any means so while just flying by the seat of my pants she should be OK. I pH my well water and add CalMag just to be safe and it seems to be keeping everyone happy lately aside from some slight tip burn.

I have two 30 inch cob kit units from Timber with their supplied framework. One is Cree 3590s and the other is Bridgelux Vero 7s. 3000k and 3500k respectively. Also have another Bridgelux Vero 7 30 inch cob unit from Tasty which is a lovely red but because it has built in fans it is noisier than the Timbers which are passively cooled.

And, thanks to the great Blynx, I have an auxillary light strip made from a large industrial power strip and simple plug in cut off 8w LEDs, I think they are 6500k Phillips. I find the plug in style to be so simple and versatile and I don't get why folks waste all that time building complex wired units with cleats, etc. Simple to change from the current 48 watts to less or more if needed by pulling out bulbs or swapping.

I run the cobs at barely half brightness and keep them minimum 18-24, up to 36 inches away or otherwise they will burn up plants in a hurry. I am still learning the best light levels to keep the plants happiest and working their hardest without overdoing it. Sometimes I goose them for a couple of hours and then turn them back down. Dimmable horticultural lights rock! I'm probably running around 400 actual watts all total with 3 light units and fans included.

I'll snap pics soon but here's the homemade rig.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Oh man, love the pheno description above btw...looking forward to seeing if this one turns purple and fruity which is my favorite!

deepwaterdude

Beginning week 13 - Pam ZAms 1 and 3 retied and shifted a bit

Beginning week 13 - Pam ZAms 1 and 3 retied and shifted a bit

This was a daunting task that required yogic flexibility and mind control... and a surprising fluency in cursing. I accessed PZ1 through the damn window of the tent, one foot in, one foot out, finally two feet in, which is when the cursing became necessary. Got it done, though;)

You may not see much difference, but I shifted PZ1 to the rear and exposed all her massive branches to the lights, as directly under the diodes as I could. Any part of PZ1 directly under light is still putting out good flowers, so, I'm be happy to oblige, Big Lemon Lady, more light it is.;) The downward facing bud is one of the densest and nicest on the plant. She's got time yet to go, don't know how much.

PZ2 has her fade and another week or so, nanners included;) Hell, if they make beans, might as well be nice, mature ones. Trichs show some amber in spots, still not a ton. Foxtails are getting nice and beefy. Very red, dark plant.

Yesterday I finally unsealed my two little cobs of about 3/4 ounce each of popcorn buds from the ZAm x KC recently harvested. I made a few mistakes, but I think they came out correct despite me. I squished fat handfuls of popcorn buds into fresh corn husks, then bound them with wire, mistake one. Better to use string to get tighter and cause more sweat. Two, I left them in their vacuum sealed bag for 21 days total, which is very long for this small quantity cob, like a big cigar in size. I resealed the bag in a new bag at 1 week, but without checking progress, which I didn't know I could do. Three, there wasn't much heat where I put them, so they never really sweated themselves brown, but they did cure;)
So those are the mistakes that could've molded the weed, yet didn't. When I opened the vac sealed bags, it exhaled a massive, humid sweetness with a fermented tone. The buds were very spongey and wet - I noticed while making another mistake, which was to remove the corn husk. Then I had the good idea to check Tang's thread and saved myself from another mistake, as I had put them in sealed jars to "dry" already, and I needed to air dry them a couple of days first. So that's where they are now, pant, pant... You'll get pics when they go in the jars:biggrin:

Attachments

• Start week 13-tied up and shifted.jpg
    Start week 13-tied up and shifted.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Panama x Zam #2 start week 13.jpg
    Panama x Zam #2 start week 13.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 13
  • PZ1 cola beginning week 13.jpg
    PZ1 cola beginning week 13.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PZ1 downward facing bud doing great.jpg
    PZ1 downward facing bud doing great.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 11
  • PZ1 closeup w:bouquet of nanners.jpg
    PZ1 closeup w:bouquet of nanners.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 9

orfeas

Veteran
This was a daunting task that required yogic flexibility and mind control... and a surprising fluency in cursing. I accessed PZ1 through the damn window of the tent, one foot in, one foot out, finally two feet in, which is when the cursing became necessary. Got it done, though

You may not see much difference, but I shifted PZ1 to the rear and exposed all her massive branches to the lights, as directly under the diodes as I could. Any part of PZ1 directly under light is still putting out good flowers, so, I'm be happy to oblige, Big Lemon Lady, more light it is. The downward facing bud is one of the densest and nicest on the plant. She's got time yet to go, don't know how much.

PZ2 has her fade and another week or so, nanners included Hell, if they make beans, might as well be nice, mature ones. Trichs show some amber in spots, still not a ton. Foxtails are getting nice and beefy. Very red, dark plant.

Yesterday I finally unsealed my two little cobs of about 3/4 ounce each of popcorn buds from the ZAm x KC recently harvested. I made a few mistakes, but I think they came out correct despite me. I squished fat handfuls of popcorn buds into fresh corn husks, then bound them with wire, mistake one. Better to use string to get tighter and cause more sweat. Two, I left them in their vacuum sealed bag for 21 days total, which is very long for this small quantity cob, like a big cigar in size. I resealed the bag in a new bag at 1 week, but without checking progress, which I didn't know I could do. Three, there wasn't much heat where I put them, so they never really sweated themselves brown, but they did cure
So those are the mistakes that could've molded the weed, yet didn't. When I opened the vac sealed bags, it exhaled a massive, humid sweetness with a fermented tone. The buds were very spongey and wet - I noticed while making another mistake, which was to remove the corn husk. Then I had the good idea to check Tang's thread and saved myself from another mistake, as I had put them in sealed jars to "dry" already, and I needed to air dry them a couple of days first. So that's where they are now, pant, pant... You'll get pics when they go in the jars

visualising the scene (1st par)
had me bending in laughter
homeric deed indeed
and the sound of sirens
distant in the horizon
fondling me unplugged ears
:biggrin:

third picture vivid images of urchins
fourth one lovely sea anemones
but the fifth one, oh lord...
you guys (you & Syd at least) seem to have a hermetically sealed skill in common :biggrin:

no comment on the cob issue... :whip:

deepwaterdude

Goings on-grower's fatigue

Goings on-grower's fatigue

Honestly orf, the tent looks like a light leak factory at the moment. Be much better daytime lights on;)

Just harvested the two ZAm x KC outdoor clones a bit early as there were branches dying and drying on the vine on both plants, but it's always a bit early in my book. They did not hermie like their mothers did, which leads me to believe it's all me and my setup. There was a LOT of plant to each, so I'm gonna set down to trim while things are still easy.

I gotta say, their two sisters harvested 3-4 weeks ago are pure fire;) Strong, heady. Very good strain. The outdoor smells much better even.

Pam Zam #3 is about ready to go into jars, PamZam #2 will come down very soon and PZ1 is starting to wear me out. I might need a little break before popping new beans, fer chrissakes.
ANyway, gotta make the donuts;0) dee dubya

Latest posts

Latest posts