What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...i've gone to about 4 weeks and was lucky to get any to root, after 2 weeks they root for me about as well as fresh cuts but after that the failure rates start going up, for me anyway.

...i know this is a bit off topic but here's a couple shots of some cuts i recieved in the mail almost frozen solid.

picture.php

...as you can see, they were in rough shape. ...so, after some emergency surgery...

picture.php

picture.php

...anyway, i did manage to get a few of those tiny leftover stumps to root, unfortunately the bud turned out to be mundane, lol.

picture.php

...here they are a few weeks later.

picture.php

peace, bozo

dddaver

Veteran
Cool. Thanks dude. I had read 6 wks before but was curious if anyone had any practical experience there.

I'm also wondering if anyone has been ever able to take a viable clone from a plant that was already put in 12/12 and has showed sex.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I just took a couple cuts from a plant outside that had been flowering for about 5 weeks. Each one has a few bud sites developed. I put them in medium on 20/4 light schedule and after about a week and a half they must be rooting because I feel resistance when I give them a slight tug.

I’ve rooted like this before when I forgot to take cuts. Usually you’ll get numerous shoots to come out if they take, looks like a little bonsai. Let them grow out some and take additional cuts.

RB56

Veteran
Cool. Thanks dude. I had read 6 wks before but was curious if anyone had any practical experience there.

I'm also wondering if anyone has been ever able to take a viable clone from a plant that was already put in 12/12 and has showed sex.
Done that many times. Just takes a lot longer for the cut to figure out what it's supposed to be doing. Clones that have been taken well into flower grow out like mothers that have been cut back many times - crazy bushy. Cutting taken from that clone will be normal.

Latest posts

Latest posts