What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best way to smoke small amounts?

igrowone

Veteran
i can never leave things like this alone, another herb that seems to have a good rep for a healthful smoke is mullein
do a quick search on this, been used in the treatment of asthma

M

m00nchild

^ Holy crap, I was totally going to post that back on page 1 but I talked myself out of it, because I figured no one would take it seriously... but it's TRUE! Since you already mentioned it, I'll throw out a +1:

Mix it with some mullein and that way you are diluting it with a relatively inert substance that is actually prescribed by doctors (outside of the U.S.) for asthma patients, that won't negatively affect the medicinal affects of the cannabis.

I have a couple of box vapes, with 3 whips

one of the box vapes needs a new element

about $30

now I use the Sears HD Heat Gun

at 4 different temps

the sears heat gun has a high heat range

be great if they offered it with a

narrow range and a

digitally selected, temperature

S

S N A F U

Small bowl glass pipe

I've stretched a gram for a week, hitting little one hits at a time.

here's to higher quality

and lower price

along with a growing supply

the trend is our friend

so many new growers rushing to get in on

The Next California Gold Rush

when marijuana becomes legal
is driving prices lower

pipes: yuck
bongs: yuck

vapes through bong: heaven!

So, you can save a ton of weed by vaping small amounts, at relatively low temps (ie. 350-360). Just be sure to save ALL of your vape remnants, do a 1min wash with 99% iso, evap and now you have VERY powerful oil with tons of cbd's for pain relief.

By this method, you smoke ZERO stuff you dont want(leaves, chlorphyll), and recycle the residue to make awesome oil.
I vape 1/2 a turkey bag each at 4 different temps but there's still some THC left in it

when you only have a tiny bit of weed but you need to get stoned.....GRAVITY....but shit Im not really 18 years old anymore, so I go with a nice binger...always does the trick...nothing better than a nice glass bong...but then again, I have never used a nice volcano vap either...and I dont run out these days like I did when I was a young pup.

G

Godless

So I read the hot knife thing and I gotta say that there is another method that achieves the same aims with considerably less hassle:

The supercheap stovetop vaporization method:

All it takes are three common kitchen items:

1. Frying pan - not aluminum or nonstick. I use a stainless steel pan that I grabbed at a garage sale for 10$
2. Glass blender - the glass part is all you need. Watch out for pourspouts that are not flush with the top edge of the blender glass.
3. a small plate

How to use:

1. grind up your herb nice and fine
2. place a very small amount in the center of the pan and spread it out so it is a very thin layer
3. Place the glass part of the blender top down on the pan over the weed
4. Place the plate on the small bottom opening of the blender glass that is now facing up
5. Set burner to medium and watch for vapors to accumulate in the glass
6. Lift off the plate and quickly put your mouth to the hole in the blender and inhale
7. I usually turn the heat to low after the first hit to keep the vapors from getting too hot, but your stove/frying pan will require some fine tuning of the process.

Maybe it is slightly less common items required than knife hits, but it is so much easier - particularly if you are smoking solo.

I have two "real" whip style vapes and this method is way better IMO.

I know the OP mentioned being able to take it outside with you, but if the smell of burning herb is the problem, vaporization is the solution as it smells much more like a pine forest or something.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
i just use a Sears Heavy-Duty Heat Gun $120

a Gilligan produced coated copper pipe double brass-microscreened 2-piece nozzle

and a turkey roasting bag

and some of the Santa Cruz Mountain's finest

no need for the toxins
Heat guns costs at least 300 bucks around here and that way more than I'm willing to pay when I can get for 50 bucks more a volcano vaporizer.

some definitely are best avoided, those toted as 'legal MJ' have quite a devil's brew of herbs
but the plant colts foot has a long history, used since Greek times for lung troubles
they would put the leaves on hot coals and inhale through a straw of some sort
i don't know too much about the others, some are toted as safer tobacco substitutes
I would probably visit a tobacco store and search for some.

there are other smoking mixtures that are "ok", but again, smoking anything is not very good for your lungs. I notice i can get about 3x more hits out of "a hit" of pot than through a waterpipe.

Trust me, i was raised on bongs, thought would never change. I had a box vape for 1 yr before really learning it and using it. I will never go back.

I use the bong (and whip adaptor) to concentrate the vape hit for me, the whip never really felt like i was getting enough.

The best thing is that the vape hit is far different from a bh, i am energized, get pain relief and NEVER get drowsy or couchlocked no matter what i am vaping. With bh's i'd often get sleep soon after hits..

Have you thought about the iolite? It's a handheld vape, that only holds about 2 hits, and it's quite portable, and refills like standard butane refillable lighters. It's pretty sturdy (doesnt' look it, but i have a clutzy pot-addled friend who hasnt broken his in a year...!).

http://www.vaporizers.com/collectio...le-vaporizer?gclid=CMTPn5Do2aECFQxZbAodxkyMKQ

You can get a decent box vape with a ceramic element for $120 now online.

Good luck in your search, i'm sure you'll find something. If you must smoke mj, and want to stretch it, other substances to try smoking with mj:

damiani, mullein, lobelia, tobacco (in order of preference)...just be sure they are proper humidity and not grind them up too much before using.
I have too many hits already, I need fewer :X

If I'd get a whip vape I would definitely look for a way to concentrate the smoke. A bong could be handy. But again, those units are pretty expensive.

I do look for something that will put me to sleep as well.

I can't import vaporizers. I can't see a way it will pass the customs and stay in one piece. (or as many pieces it was delivered in)

I'll look into those mixtures, thank you :D

i can never leave things like this alone, another herb that seems to have a good rep for a healthful smoke is mullein
do a quick search on this, been used in the treatment of asthma
I sure will do a search on that!
Thanks for the input friend :D

^ Holy crap, I was totally going to post that back on page 1 but I talked myself out of it, because I figured no one would take it seriously... but it's TRUE! Since you already mentioned it, I'll throw out a +1:

Mix it with some mullein and that way you are diluting it with a relatively inert substance that is actually prescribed by doctors (outside of the U.S.) for asthma patients, that won't negatively affect the medicinal affects of the cannabis.
Thanks a lot for the approval :)

I have a couple of box vapes, with 3 whips

one of the box vapes needs a new element

about $30

now I use the Sears HD Heat Gun

at 4 different temps

the sears heat gun has a high heat range

be great if they offered it with a

narrow range and a

digitally selected, temperature
No sears around here in the middle east. No as far as I know.

I vape 1/2 a turkey bag each at 4 different temps but there's still some THC left in it
In any way of consumption that you cool down the already extracted THC there will be some that will turn back to liquid \ solid.

when you only have a tiny bit of weed but you need to get stoned.....GRAVITY....but shit Im not really 18 years old anymore, so I go with a nice binger...always does the trick...nothing better than a nice glass bong...but then again, I have never used a nice volcano vap either...and I dont run out these days like I did when I was a young pup.
I have a lot of weed and don't want to get too stoned :X

a nice little glass chillum.
No way I could get any, they are impossible to get around here.

So I read the hot knife thing and I gotta say that there is another method that achieves the same aims with considerably less hassle:

The supercheap stovetop vaporization method:

All it takes are three common kitchen items:

1. Frying pan - not aluminum or nonstick. I use a stainless steel pan that I grabbed at a garage sale for 10$
2. Glass blender - the glass part is all you need. Watch out for pourspouts that are not flush with the top edge of the blender glass.
3. a small plate

How to use:

1. grind up your herb nice and fine
2. place a very small amount in the center of the pan and spread it out so it is a very thin layer
3. Place the glass part of the blender top down on the pan over the weed
4. Place the plate on the small bottom opening of the blender glass that is now facing up
5. Set burner to medium and watch for vapors to accumulate in the glass
6. Lift off the plate and quickly put your mouth to the hole in the blender and inhale
7. I usually turn the heat to low after the first hit to keep the vapors from getting too hot, but your stove/frying pan will require some fine tuning of the process.

Maybe it is slightly less common items required than knife hits, but it is so much easier - particularly if you are smoking solo.

I have two "real" whip style vapes and this method is way better IMO.

I know the OP mentioned being able to take it outside with you, but if the smell of burning herb is the problem, vaporization is the solution as it smells much more like a pine forest or something.
Thanks, thats a nice method.
I think I got the idea, just need to find a way to ghetto it up to suit me :D

I don't really have a problem with the weed smoke smell itself, I just don't like that my apartment stinks with anything. Neither does my roommates.

C

cork144

can i ask how its a fat bong rip if you only use a small ammount of weed?

El Diablo

i would get an iolite can score on on the bay for 120 bucks. It's not as intense as a bong rip. and can be used just about anywhere.

smokefrogg

Veteran
solar toking if it is possible, that is, using a magnifying glass and focusing the sun in order to light up a pipe or whatnot

i find that solar tokes are cheap to make happen, and use up about 1/2~1/3 the amount of herb i would normally use for a toke in a pipe...of course you could use a bong as well, you'll get about 1/2 efficiency that way

a gravity bong was mentioned, haven't used one in ages but i do recall that it seemed to do a whole lot with just a little bit of herb...hmmm, just thinking about using one is making me want to rig one together hehe =)

myself, i like small amounts, i tend to pack tiny little 1 hitters in a pipe and just use a lighter or if the sun is out i'll use the magnifying glass...it's nice getting a little green toke every time =)

eyedrops

I would go with a glass chillum, or metal / porcelin bat or a dugout for on the go dosing. both work great when you only need to use a small amount but a chillum is takes more prep time. Since your using quality medicine I would go with glass for flavor

MediRI88

The smart way is to take snaps sngle hits out the pipe or bong maybe a .1 to .2 depending on your lungs but its works ever time ... or pack a bowl in your vapz and fill a bag and sitt on that for 10 mins :)

best way to smoke small amounts?

One hitter FTW. I have one that looks like a cigarette. It's ceramic or porcelain I believe. I can't get 5 hits from a tenth of a gram when I'm conserving. Very discrete as I'd light it up on campus and no one was to the wiser. If you don't want to shell out money on a decent vape then get a hakko 454. Super cheap and you can take vape hits out of any piece. However i would do the tincture as you could take 2-5 drops (up to 1/3 mL) and regulate doses much easier. Extra stealthy if you need to hide it in your car or home. Looks normal and unobtrusive in a first aid kit.

MediRI88

iv also noticed i used to have a small glass chilum pipe and if i put my jet light to the glass it would vap my hit it was just as sweet as my volcano.. :)