What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best way to smoke small amounts?

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I'm smoking marijuana mainly for back pain relief, sleeping aid and appetite. I really don't smoke much, about once a week or two.
I usually don't want the euphoria all that much so I smoke small amounts of weed - 0.07g of good quality weed is usually more than enough.

I mainly smoke joints as they are readily available and easy to move with. But as I'm smoking that little each time I'm smoking a lot of paper and the taste is harsh.

I could blend it with tobacco, but I don't usually smoke tobacco.

What do you think is the best way to smoke these amounts of weed?

Ribsauce

waterfalls or gravity bongs usually conserve bud the best for me...the hits are harsh from these though so i prefer my bong...although theres nothing like a few waterfalls first thing in the morning and then a nice hot shower :joint:

100% you need a good 12'-18" bong with full size down stem....You can load a very small amount, enough to clear in one hit. That is the best way to conserve/not smoke a lot or joints!!

Wellness4All

100% you need a good 12'-18" bong with full size down stem....You can load a very small amount, enough to clear in one hit. That is the best way to conserve/not smoke a lot or joints!!

Word, +1 to that, I like to call em crumbs outta my Sheldon Black:tiphat:

aka Snappers!!! :blowbubbles:

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Thanks everyone for helping.

The only bongs I can get my hands on are the plastic ones that look like a bottle and I rather smoke paper than plastic vapor.

well you could just take a FAT bong rip and be good for the month
A fat bong rip is WAY too much for me.

Knife hits are pretty awesome when you're trying to conserve.
What are knife hits?

id say pipe or bong hit.
What type of?

waterfalls or gravity bongs usually conserve bud the best for me...the hits are harsh from these though so i prefer my bong...although theres nothing like a few waterfalls first thing in the morning and then a nice hot shower :joint:
I've looked at thoes stuff and they look way too powerful for me :S
And I can't really take 'em outside to keep the stench away from my house :X

Bongs are illegal around here so getting anything besides the cheap annoying plastic ones is pretty impossible.
At most I could drill a hole in a glass bottle and use that.

Word, +1 to that, I like to call em crumbs outta my Sheldon Black:tiphat:

aka Snappers!!! :blowbubbles:
:)

love?

You can use any pipe or bong, just put less in it. :)

Pipes with small bowls might be a nice option for smoking small amounts but they get clogged easily too so you need to clean often and some might prefer a bigger bowl anyway.

Also if you're handy with your fingers you could just try to roll really small joints, "pinners". Cutting the papers to a smaller size before you start rolling might help (and buying the smallest available). Think of a really thin 1-2 hit joint..

statusquo

Knife hits are a poor mans vaporizer. Basically you heat up the tips of two knives to red hot and press a small amount of bud inbetween them and inhale the vapors. I usually use a soda bottle and cut in half using the top half as tutor (the thing you use to inhale all the vapors). The vapor will hit like a truck so be prepared and use small amount of bud.

bikhomes

Knife hit goes like this:

Prepare however much weed you want by pressing it into a little ball. Sometimes a little heat works good to get it to stick together.

Get yourself a 2 liter bottle and cut holes in all the bottom ridges, the parts that touch the table when you set it down. Now chop the bottom off completely. You should have a funnel (the top) and a bowl/disc thing with all the holes in it (the bottom).

Put 10 cubes of ice or so in the top while holding it upside down, then flip the bottom part over and shove it in there. Now you have a funnel with a layer of ice being held in it.

Take two butter knives that you don't want to use for food anymore because this will ruin them. Heat them up on your stove so they're damn near red hot.

The next part is easiest with two people but is possible with one person, especially if you're using a 1 liter bottle instead of 2. Use one knife and gently press down on the ball of weed and flip it over quick like, it'll stick. Immediately press the other hot knife on it (squeezing the ball between them) and use the funnel to suck up the smoke.

There are some videos on youtube but at a quick glance they're either a) amazingly complicated (blow torches, special paddles, etc) or amazingly ghetto (broken glass bottle for a funnel? wtf?). You can check them out if the concept isn't getting through though.

Knife hits get the most out of small amounts of weed and since it's vaporized (no fire, just hot knives) you'll probably enjoy it more.

Che

Veteran
Can't have a bong or a vapo around? Another great way to dose is orally.. you can use an alcohol based tincture for instant relief, or bake something using cannabis infused oil or butter. The baked goods take longer to kick in, but last a long time.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
Bong for little amounts, but watch out I have found that to much bong smoking makes for more bong hits than anything in the long run. Also found that I have more black shit to cough up with excessive bong use????????? True experience. Since going to hot knifing and joints I smoke less over all and prefer the high more

so i guess my answer is hot knives

Good call che there are books and stuff ont the net as to how to make your own tinctures might be great for him.(or ya could just Make a small bowl your self out of just about anything)

LayedBack

Tinctures and edibles are supposed to be great for chronic pain. I'm making a tincture now, I've only tried edibles so far and they work great. But usually eating weed is more intense and can knock one out in the middle of the day.

I find my gravity bong gets me high on less weed.

Trust me on that, I have a Volcano, a 2 foot bong, a bat, hand pipe, joints. But gravity bong is the best. Only thing is, smoking so much out of it for 4 years has really done a number on my lungs.

M

m00nchild

I don't really know what is available to you, but the correct answer has already been given to you: the absolute best way to smoke small amounts efficiently is in a bong. You say that bongs are illegal and the only ones you can get are the plastic ones. Does that mean that water pipes are not illegal, and that just glass devices are? If so, does that mean that ANY glass smoking device is illegal, or just the ones you add water to?

Water pipes are the way to go here, no ifs ands or buts. It doesn't have to be made out of glass, either. It can be a plastic one. Or a bamboo one. Or a hollowed out avocado with a snorkel attached to it. That doesn't matter. It's the idea of using water to smooth out the hit, and then you only pack enough to clear it all in one go. In this manner, none of the bud even gets wasted by burning 2nd hand smoke into the air, because you are inhaling it all in one go, and it can be a small toke, so you don't split your lungs apart. This is what I call a "bong sip" instead of a "bong rip."

Can you not get one mail ordered to you? No place in reasonable driving distance you could go to purchase one and then bring it back to your home? If it's really impossible, and just out of the question to get a good smoking piece, like a glass bong or bubbler, then the next best thing, in my opinion is the "dugout." It's a wooden container that you put your ground up bud in, and it has a special compartment for a one-hitter that looks like a cigarette... all you do is pull out the one hitter, pack it down into the side where the bud is, smoosh it around a bit to make sure the bud gets packed into the tip of it, then pull it out and light it up like you're taking your first puff off a newly lit cigarette. With these thngs, you can even smoke in public if you know what you're doing, because it looks like you're smoking a cigarette, and by the time anyone would smell what you exhale, it would be back in your pocket and no one would be the wiser.

Good luck to you.

[edit: ninja'd by hydro-soil on the dugouts!]

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
800px-Waterfall_bong_diagram.svg.png

this is how i smoke small amounts/smoke when i dont feel like rolling a joint :joint:

ArcticBlast

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
You can use any pipe or bong, just put less in it. :)

Pipes with small bowls might be a nice option for smoking small amounts but they get clogged easily too so you need to clean often and some might prefer a bigger bowl anyway.

Also if you're handy with your fingers you could just try to roll really small joints, "pinners". Cutting the papers to a smaller size before you start rolling might help (and buying the smallest available). Think of a really thin 1-2 hit joint..
I'll look for some, thanks.

Those small joints are what i'm using currently but the taste is harsh as heck and I always end up putting too much in them.

Knife hits are a poor mans vaporizer. Basically you heat up the tips of two knives to red hot and press a small amount of bud inbetween them and inhale the vapors. I usually use a soda bottle and cut in half using the top half as tutor (the thing you use to inhale all the vapors). The vapor will hit like a truck so be prepared and use small amount of bud.
Did the vaporizers in amsterdam. I should try that method when I find extra knives :D Or other metal plates that shouldn't kill me when inhaling from their vapor.

Knife hit goes like this:

Prepare however much weed you want by pressing it into a little ball. Sometimes a little heat works good to get it to stick together.

Get yourself a 2 liter bottle and cut holes in all the bottom ridges, the parts that touch the table when you set it down. Now chop the bottom off completely. You should have a funnel (the top) and a bowl/disc thing with all the holes in it (the bottom).

Put 10 cubes of ice or so in the top while holding it upside down, then flip the bottom part over and shove it in there. Now you have a funnel with a layer of ice being held in it.

Take two butter knives that you don't want to use for food anymore because this will ruin them. Heat them up on your stove so they're damn near red hot.

The next part is easiest with two people but is possible with one person, especially if you're using a 1 liter bottle instead of 2. Use one knife and gently press down on the ball of weed and flip it over quick like, it'll stick. Immediately press the other hot knife on it (squeezing the ball between them) and use the funnel to suck up the smoke.

There are some videos on youtube but at a quick glance they're either a) amazingly complicated (blow torches, special paddles, etc) or amazingly ghetto (broken glass bottle for a funnel? wtf?). You can check them out if the concept isn't getting through though.

Knife hits get the most out of small amounts of weed and since it's vaporized (no fire, just hot knives) you'll probably enjoy it more.
Thanks a lot for the details. I'll look for a video to make it visual but I think I got the deal.

Can't have a bong or a vapo around? Another great way to dose is orally.. you can use an alcohol based tincture for instant relief, or bake something using cannabis infused oil or butter. The baked goods take longer to kick in, but last a long time.
I use edibles but they last way too long. I need the effect to last only an hour or two.
After eating edibles I mostly find myself doing things while high, and I hate doing that.

Bong for little amounts, but watch out I have found that to much bong smoking makes for more bong hits than anything in the long run. Also found that I have more black shit to cough up with excessive bong use????????? True experience. Since going to hot knifing and joints I smoke less over all and prefer the high more

so i guess my answer is hot knives
I never liked bongs all that much. I believe that the THC is wasted if you use small amounts as the water cool it enough to make it liquid again.
That means that more harmful things get through.
I got to that theory after cleaning residue from a friends bong realizing its pretty much pure hash oil. In joints I get absolutely no left over residue.

Good call che there are books and stuff ont the net as to how to make your own tinctures might be great for him.(or ya could just Make a small bowl your self out of just about anything)
I'm pretty paranoid about smoking from most things, I rather spend some money on a "safe" piece of equipment.
Thanks for helping :D

Tinctures and edibles are supposed to be great for chronic pain. I'm making a tincture now, I've only tried edibles so far and they work great. But usually eating weed is more intense and can knock one out in the middle of the day.

I find my gravity bong gets me high on less weed.

Trust me on that, I have a Volcano, a 2 foot bong, a bat, hand pipe, joints. But gravity bong is the best. Only thing is, smoking so much out of it for 4 years has really done a number on my lungs.
I would try that gravity bong thing but smoking in my apartment is pretty much an issue.
I'll see how I can ghetto it outside.

Thank you for the input :D
Dugout and a brass or glass bat. (NO alumninum!)

Here's a link to dugouts (Just picked a link from a search)

And here's a link that shows several nice Bats to use with it
.... I want the quartz one! Never saw that before. :D DON'T USE THE ALUMINUM BATS. Aluminum is NOT good for you.

I've misered cannabis for 20 years with this type of delivery system. Enjoy!

Stay Safe! :tree:
I doubt I could import that, explanation below.

I don't really know what is available to you, but the correct answer has already been given to you: the absolute best way to smoke small amounts efficiently is in a bong. You say that bongs are illegal and the only ones you can get are the plastic ones. Does that mean that water pipes are not illegal, and that just glass devices are? If so, does that mean that ANY glass smoking device is illegal, or just the ones you add water to?

Water pipes are the way to go here, no ifs ands or buts. It doesn't have to be made out of glass, either. It can be a plastic one. Or a bamboo one. Or a hollowed out avocado with a snorkel attached to it. That doesn't matter. It's the idea of using water to smooth out the hit, and then you only pack enough to clear it all in one go. In this manner, none of the bud even gets wasted by burning 2nd hand smoke into the air, because you are inhaling it all in one go, and it can be a small toke, so you don't split your lungs apart. This is what I call a "bong sip" instead of a "bong rip."

Can you not get one mail ordered to you? No place in reasonable driving distance you could go to purchase one and then bring it back to your home? If it's really impossible, and just out of the question to get a good smoking piece, like a glass bong or bubbler, then the next best thing, in my opinion is the "dugout." It's a wooden container that you put your ground up bud in, and it has a special compartment for a one-hitter that looks like a cigarette... all you do is pull out the one hitter, pack it down into the side where the bud is, smoosh it around a bit to make sure the bud gets packed into the tip of it, then pull it out and light it up like you're taking your first puff off a newly lit cigarette. With these thngs, you can even smoke in public if you know what you're doing, because it looks like you're smoking a cigarette, and by the time anyone would smell what you exhale, it would be back in your pocket and no one would be the wiser.

Good luck to you.

[edit: ninja'd by hydro-soil on the dugouts!]
There's a law (that is being enforced) that rules out the selling, importing and some other words of paraphernalia (thats how you spell it?).
Getting a glass bong is pretty impossible unless your heavily connected.
Getting a tube alone is pretty hand and you need some good connections.

The only ones that are practical to smuggle to Israel are the plastic ones, that I happen to know a man who sells them.

I can get a glass drill bit and make my own glass bong off a Johnny Walker bottle and scavenge the other parts from a plastic bong.

The dugouts sounds really nice but I really doubt it will be skipped at the customs. And they are too expensive to just try a few times.

Vaporizes are sold around here as they aren't categorized as paraphernalia yet.

800px-Waterfall_bong_diagram.svg.png

this is how i smoke small amounts/smoke when i dont feel like rolling a joint :joint:

ArcticBlast
Thanks, I'll try that :D

intotheunknown

Veteran
knifehits

knifehits

knifehits really are where its at when youre trying to conserve it.
all it takes is one little tiny nuglet per hit, and they have quite the kick to them.
as a matter of fact once when i was young i actually took two hits, one knifehit and one to the floor.
they really are awesome.
a little bit of work but well worth it.

Latest posts

Latest posts