What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Abbey Road Question

St. Phatty

919WO8q-nnL._SL1500_.jpg

I was looking at this picture of the Beatles on their Abbey Road album.

Just wanted to make sure I knew which Beatle was which -
from Left to Right -

George
Paul
Ringo
John

I guess Paul & Ringo are pretty obvious. That looks like John in the front. That would mean George walking in the rear.

On a separate note, I have met people who use the name "Ringo" backwards (Ognir). It's like a mini-fad or something. Well maybe a micro fad.

growingcrazy

I applaud you for the amount of work it took to post the photo and type out the post.

Searching the web is much faster lol

Gry

leaves me wondering what the most known or recognised images in general might be.

Was the white album that was my undoing.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Barefoot Paul was one of the things that started or fueled the “Paul is dead” rumors. Also some speculated that cover shot symbolized a funeral procession. John, in white, a heavenly body; Ringo, in black, an undertaker; George in denim, a gravedigger; and Paul barefoot, a corpse.

Whether it was all contrived or not it sure made for a lot of publicity but at that point the band was on the verge of dissolving.

K

kopite

the whopper....

Attachments

• beheaded.jpg
    beheaded.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 33
  • best.jpeg
    best.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 38
K

kopite

They hated Pete, and couldn't wait to get ringo in.. Ringo slagged his birth place off then released an album after it to ££ in... bollocks to him.....

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Barefoot Paul was one of the things that started or fueled the “Paul is dead” rumors. Also some speculated that cover shot symbolized a funeral procession. John, in white, a heavenly body; Ringo, in black, an undertaker; George in denim, a gravedigger; and Paul barefoot, a corpse.

First time Ive noticed Paul has a smoke and no shoes on.

Paul is also out of step compared to the other three, with his right foot forward instead of his left.
I remember that being part of the speculation.