What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones in 2 gallon pots

gogeter

Right now I start well rooted clones in 1 gallon pots and then transplant to 2 gallons 17 days later. I have plenty of veg space and am thinking of skipping the 1 gallons and going right into 2 gallon pots from clone. Less labor, no transplant shock are the benefits from this move I think. What would be the negative side? Thoughts on this idea would help me out! And I appreciate all the info and help.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Right now I start well rooted clones in 1 gallon pots and then transplant to 2 gallons 17 days later. I have plenty of veg space and am thinking of skipping the 1 gallons and going right into 2 gallon pots from clone. Less labor, no transplant shock are the benefits from this move I think. What would be the negative side? Thoughts on this idea would help me out! And I appreciate all the info and help.

That is exactly what I did when I transplanted my clones. I put them straight into 2 gallon pots and they did so well no issues.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Id say it should be fine if the cuts are well rooted and so far no issues with 1gal.

2gal should be fine as well. Dont flood them too much at first.

I went from clone directly to 3gal coco and that was a bad move, especially because its my first grow and i diddnt have a good feel for the medium.

Im debating the same issue as we speak. Should i step them up this time? Or will 2gal be perfect.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Id say it should be fine if the cuts are well rooted and so far no issues with 1gal.

2gal should be fine as well. Dont flood them too much at first.

I went from clone directly to 3gal coco and that was a bad move, especially because its my first grow and i diddnt have a good feel for the medium.

Im debating the same issue as we speak. Should i step them up this time? Or will 2gal be perfect.

Yeah it can be a little temperamental in the beginning of the root system isn't well a stablished.

bigdad41296

If rooted well I would go to 2 gallons and water untill runoff then water every other day or 3rd day depending on how heavy the pot is.

Within a week I usually have roots at the bottom drain holes.

Latest posts

Latest posts