What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medisunfarms Rosin Press ordered.

EastCoast710

expensive for wat that is lol. a dual e nail. and a 55$ press.. and 2 plates to put the enials in.. I guess its cool cause u can use that to dab also but for that price u could of built something nicer

gladstoned

Ordered Sat. Emailed them on Wednesday, received an email saying it would be sent out by friday, so It should be shipped latter today. Think the teabags were shipped on tuesday. They may even be out in the mailbox actually.

gladstoned

you could've got the EXACT same press from alibaba for $600

I've been through all this.... It's usually people saying I can make the same press for $100-150 though. How much do you think the press I ordered costs? I'm pretty sure is was exactly $600. This is what I did though. The majority of people advise, make your own, yet most of the presses on the market are garbage, well then how the fuck is it so easy to make your own, when these companies that make shit can't make it correctly? So I searched for the best starter unit, with some sort of positive feedback and went with it. I've been running a closed loop for a few years and due to my divorce and the **** I left, cops are sweating the fuck out of me. We are going solvent-less as of right now. I few days with this press and we with either decide that rosin is inferior and will squish enough to recoup the small investment or we will rock rosin for awhile and order a 20-ton press or whateverthefuck is needed to build a large press.

BigJohnny

I've been through all this.... It's usually people saying I can make the same press for $100-150 though. How much do you think the press I ordered costs? I'm pretty sure is was exactly $600. This is what I did though. The majority of people advise, make your own, yet most of the presses on the market are garbage, well then how the fuck is it so easy to make your own, when these companies that make shit can't make it correctly? So I searched for the best starter unit, with some sort of positive feedback and went with it. I've been running a closed loop for a few years and due to my divorce and the **** I left, cops are sweating the fuck out of me. We are going solvent-less as of right now. I few days with this press and we with either decide that rosin is inferior and will squish enough to recoup the small investment or we will rock rosin for awhile and order a 20-ton press or whateverthefuck is needed to build a large press.

This isn't a build your own or anything kind of post, there is another post here and someone linked both units.
There is a medisun model that's like $2100 USD, and the exact same model on alibaba for $600 USD

They're identical units except for the placement of the PIDs and the lack of medisun branding.

BigJohnny

LOL it was your thread, I didn't realize.

It was when you were asking about the different presses.

honestly man, for the same $600 I would've went with the pneumatic unit, I think I'm eventually going to order one.

gladstoned

I think a few of you are confusing the rosin tech $2k pneumatic press with the alibaba $600 pneumatic press. I heard reviews that they are indeed the same press, but that press sucks. The medisunfarms press is a 1 ton arbor press. I have talked to several that really like the machine. I'm not worried about the price, I wanted a decent machine.
When I get this in a few more days, then we will use it and decide how we are going to proceed. I will probably end up building one using a 20 ton H-frame press or larger. This is just something to play with, and practice on. If this is a product us or our patients want, then as usual, we will continue to research and improve.

Ganjaganjakush

I been looking at that too def interested to see how you like it, just been using straightener and a clamp as of now want something I don't get annoyrd with after couple squishes lol

I started off using the Medisun press v1.0 (the one that isn't pneumatic). It's that press that really got me starting to press a lot; to the point where squishing 4-5 grams at a time wasn't enough. It was then I decided to get a bigger press set up and went with The Happy Buddha Press.

But you should be very happy with the medisun, as it is a great starting press!

gladstoned

Ordered Press w/xtra handle & heat gun from Medisunfarms.com sat, 6th. Went to rosinrevolution.com like they recommended and bought larger packages of 37 & 150 micron teabags. Shipping was $85 I believe, so total investment was a little over $800.

Teabags were delivered the following tuesday or wednesday.
Press was delivered one day under 2 weeks. I ordered on a saturday also, so delivery times wasn't Amazon prime, but not too bad.

(edit. I the last picture, the socket did not come with the kit. The bolts did, the socket did not)

Attachments

• IMG_2239.jpg
    IMG_2239.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2242.jpg
    IMG_2242.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2243.jpg
    IMG_2243.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2246.jpg
    IMG_2246.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 8

chidoctor

Ordered Press w/xtra handle & heat gun from Medisunfarms.com sat, 6th. Went to rosinrevolution.com like they recommended and bought larger packages of 37 & 150 micron teabags. Shipping was $85 I believe, so total investment was a little over $800.

Teabags were delivered the following tuesday or wednesday.
Press was delivered one day under 2 weeks. I ordered on a saturday also, so delivery times wasn't Amazon prime, but not too bad.

(edit. I the last picture, the socket did not come with the kit. The bolts did, the socket did not)

price seems expensive for what it is but hope you post up some pics and do a review. with the pictures you provided I might build one, might ask you a few questions about the cords and elements

gladstoned

Set up the press. We let the pads heat up for atleast an hour, then pressed some nugs and kief for probably another hour, maybe hour and half.

I am going from a closed loop extractor to this, I was excited when I ordered and when it showed up, but I'm not gonna lie, I better really work some kinks out with this thing or it will not last long. lmao. From the first squish, it was pretty disappointing. We tried several different ways of using the teabags and all the yields were bad. I squished buds with and without the teabags. Same with the kief. We squished nugs in my pollen press then put them in teabags, and also ground nugs up and put them in teabags loosely. None of it was impressive. Now smoking it, that was a different story. I was fucked right up. I was rifling through my material like my buddy was. Tomorrow I will heat it up for a few hours and go back it with a fresh head and figure it all out a lot better I'm sure.

To be fair to this press and rosin, it's hard going from running 2 lbs at a time, to squishing 2 grams at a time. So that's the real bummer. When my mk3 was delivered I was like wtf is this, how the fuck am I ever going to be able to put this together AND figure out how to use it. I'm sure a few days with this press and I will get much for efficient with it.

I'll post a bunch more pictures. By the time this was delivered, then we set it up and then heat up. (actually we got pretty fucked up while it was heating up, so sure that was a big factor as well) I took a few pictures, was pretty bummed and then started dabbing....
I'll get a bunch more pics as I keep going.

Any and all useful advice is welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 8

chidoctor

thanks my man for the honest opinion as of now but like you said it seems you have a learning curve to figure out before a true review can be done

gladstoned

price seems expensive for what it is but hope you post up some pics and do a review. with the pictures you provided I might build one, might ask you a few questions about the cords and elements

The price is expensive for what it is. It's a $100 arbor press, double enail set-up and two pads. I wanted something that I knew was built correctly though. The entire time yesterday I was wondering what my best technique would be for getting a decent yield. But if I had built the press myself I would have constantly been haunted with wondering if I fucked up the build somehow, or is my technique shit. See what I'm saying...
After using it though, totally make your own.

gladstoned

This evening I'll take a bunch of pictures of the actual press so everyone can see the set-up of the pads and coils and shit.
I doubt I'll heat it up and press anything tonight though. That'll be tomorrow more than likely.

Latest posts

Latest posts