What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st serious try growing built pretty nice DIY CAB Input please

First real grow/ DIY NGB style cab

Hello there ICMag just a short introduction new grower here have only grown 2 plants before one inside a cardboard box one outside. One was done inside a cardboard box with 3 CFL's, stretching, no research done whatsoever on my part turned out male. The other outside small pot was flowering lil bud at the time looked good, a friend offered me $100 i said sold. So ive done alot of research this time I built a NGB style box. Veg Chamber is approximately 1.3 sq ft running 3 10 watt 5500K LED's as of now was 4 23 watt 6500K CFL's as you see in the pictures. My Flower Chamber is approximately 1.8 sq ft running 6 10 watt 2700K LED's. Have yet to paint box inside and scrap the foil will be doing soon. Will be looking for a good female to start cloning, this grow is 3 bagseeds at the moment about to start 3 more in Veg Chamber. Have Digital timer running Veg Chamber 18/6 Flower Chamber will run 12/12. Plants look good so far scroll through and check them out. Sorry if it seems like too much or one big run on but it is what it is lol. Just recently obtained the ability to edit so i thought id touch it up a tad and bring some things current.

U7vk7v0w7v
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

John.Snow

Take a picture with the entire cab open. Kinda hard to see what's going on there.

The reason you aren't getting responses is because your paragraph is very hard to understand you need to use punctuation otherwise it turns in to one big run on sentence and run on sentences are not fun to read...

There pics i have atm n i know its one big run on people sorry idk how to edit it though.

Attachments

• 20160111_113531.jpg
    20160111_113531.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160106_134804.jpg
    20160106_134804.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20160110_224229.jpg
    20160110_224229.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 15

LostTribe

Premium user
nice NGB box setup! Did you get that from the NewGanjaBoy thread from the OG days?

Only thing I noticed with a quick peek is your pve elbows are pretty short. I might recommend hitting the insides of them with flat black spray paint to keep any light from reflecting down the tube and entering your dark flower cycle. gotta get your room real dark and test the bloom room to see if you are getting light leaks from the veg room. That is all. any intake holes for fresh air? Bottom and back are good spots.

LostTribe

Premium user
check out the micro grows section here there are a lot of people willing to help with these setups there with more knowledge.

+1 rep welcome!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
awww its cute just like a real grow but a lot smaller...yeehaw kidding,,,,, looks ok to me..i prefer reflectix/tek foil or white paint over alum foil ..that's so 70s

There is a intake fan on bottom right mounted in wall of flowering chamber and there is a exhaust fan on upper left wall of vegg chamber.

I have 5 pvc tubes for air to flow through wall to vegg chamber from flowering with sealed doors to help optimize pressure for airflow.

In vegg side plants blocked up to be near lights as they grow they will move down to final position inside the black container dropped in the floor of chamber letting plants reach 1 ft tall at end of vegging.

Flower chamber is work in progress have plenty of time will update as it gets completed and daily throughout the grow plants are making good progress and looking healthy will post pics tonight.

Any suggestions on setup or anything at all would be very grateful on some insight from some experienced growers honestly dont know much thanks for checking it out.
U7VK7V0W7V

Thank you losttribe yes i need to do that they glow in flower side from veg side and i do need to put some intake holes in only way atm is through fans and small cracks where doors dont quite seal 100%
And yes stone trout i didnt want to go that route but have to order something better offline havnt been able to find anything better than foil atm so worked with what i had but am going to upgrade when possible all in all its cost about $50 to build box lights and get soil.

And losttribe came up with setup from whole night of researching peoples boxes on google, icmag, rollitup, and grass city and did shit ton drawings had to build with certain amount of space to put it and with getting rotation involved figured out hopefully a good way to setup not exactly original but built it myself for cheap hopefully can get good use from it

John.Snow

I recommend painting that OSB because little pieces of wood/sawdust will get all over your plants. It can also absorb moisture and warp. And if you paint it white, you won't need to line it with foil.

The only other issue I see is the vent between the flower and veg - make sure there is absolutely ZERO light leaking into your flower section. As LostTribe said, painting the inside of the PVC black will help.

One more tip - cover the front of your cab with a piece of black fabric to keep light from leaking out.

Really good looking cab though man :tiphat:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
This new box going to better than a cardboard box. I just
come here to say hi and also to say paint it flat white two
coats, latex.

I made a box like this one too, and it's real nice to have
a veg and flower all in one, NGB style.

subbed

Thank you john will get right on that tomorrow appreciate the input heres som pics from today

Attachments

• 20160115_002351.jpg
    20160115_002351.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160115_002415.jpg
    20160115_002415.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160115_002426.jpg
    20160115_002426.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20160115_002444.jpg
    20160115_002444.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 9
I was a little worried about lighting but i did the research this time on cfls and with the space i can tell i shouldnt have a problem with stretching at all

So on intake holes if i have floor in flower room above the bottom board of box i can drill holes in back of box and floor of flower room that will give some intake holes without leaking light what about intake holes for veg room do i need some in back wall of it?

jesbuds

I was a little worried about lighting but i did the research this time on cfls and with the space i can tell i shouldnt have a problem with stretching at all

You'll may find training/LST/supercropping whatever you'd like to do is very beneficial to micro CFL grows. The plants will grow fine without training but CFLs don't penetrate too deep so keeping the canopy closer to the bulbs is helpful.

And you'd be surprised on stretch for some strains.

Latest posts

Latest posts