What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Infused chocolate. How much to use?

Therealzemi

I always end up with leftovers of oil, from previous grows. Simply because i love fresh oil. Sometimes i give that oil away to friends. But i thought i wanted to try and make some chocolate this time.

Can i add the oil directly to hot melted chokolate (granted it is decarbed first), and if so, how many grams of oil/100gr of chocolate, to make a well potent produkt (to eat on it's own).

Thank you for reading :)

amanda88

Suit your taste

add the same volume of choc to your weed

I like to add nuts, as well, as a flavor enhancer

Donn

If you don't like chocolate very much, then make them very potent. If they're going to end up in other people's hands, by and large most people like chocolate, so that isn't an issue; overdosing with THC really is an issue, so rather low potency might make more sense.

Therealzemi

Thank you for the replies.

I went ahead and tried it. Bought some high quality dark chocolate (80% cocoa). 200 grams of that, and to that i added around 3 grams of high quality decarbed QWISO oil (Critical strain). I say around 3, because i dont own a weight that can do that small amount. I really need to get one though.
It ended up being HIGHLY potent. Just a piece similar to a squar you break off a random block of chocolate, is enough to send me baking for quite a while. That is too potent i think. Especially when friends are offered a piece. They are not used to stuff this potent. I think i'm gonna re-melt it, and add another 100 grams of chocolate :D

Amanda: I added some roasted orange peal bits. Really nice effect. Next time i plan on adding some pistachio nuts too :)

I wood

Molds help with standardized dosing.
10-20 mgs per chocolate is what I've settled on, works for most people.
Chocolates are easy to cut if a smaller dose is needed.
Dark chocolate hides the taste better than milk but with rso there isn't much taste anyways.

Therealzemi

Molds help with standardized dosing.
10-20 mgs per chocolate is what I've settled on, works for most people.
Chocolates are easy to cut if a smaller dose is needed.
Dark chocolate hides the taste better than milk but with rso there isn't much taste anyways.

Thank you. That is the info i was looking for. And explains why my chocolate is way too potent :laughing:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Let’s just say the cannabinoid content of your oil is 60%, that would mean you added 1800 mg cannabinoid to 200 g of chocolate. So 1 g of chocolate would contain 9 mg of cannabinoid.

The dosage increments they are using as a guide in Colorado is 10 mg which maybe low for a seasoned user but you can always consume more. It’s always better to start on the low side and work up if necessary.

Therealzemi

Yep. And an average piece of chocolate is around 10-15gr (looking at molds). So the conclusion is. I am getting more chocolate and re-melting :D

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I'd try one first..

I'd try one first..

Yep. And an average piece of chocolate is around 10-15gr (looking at molds). So the conclusion is. I am getting more chocolate and re-melting :D

Or try a half and see if it gets you where you want to be.

Then re-mix :pie:

EastCoast710

ya . oil. decarb it.. add chocolate to it and mix.. .. decarb in something that u can mix in. I use a big ass pyrex measuring cup.. pour into a freezer bag after mixed for a while.. and into molds it goes..

we do 10 chocolates per 1 gram of bho.. and since we do not have a clue as to how much thc.. is in them. we just tell people 100mg of bho. not 100mg of thc

LostTribe

Premium user
Add your oil to pure butter and then make truffles! Its easy just use any recipe once you have your oil butter! depends on the oil but I make mine as strong as I can. Usually a big jolly rancher size chunk to a stick of butter and then make half an ice tray of truffles. You can get creative with the additional chocolate toppings as well.

Aprovecho!

EastCoast710

the stronger the better for me. just made a batch .3 of a gram of bho per chocolate.. wayyyy better for me. now I eat 1 . instead of 3 lol.. my tolerance to edibles is eh going up.

St. Phatty

I used to eat ganja cookies all the time.

But now if I eat one - just enough to get high - I am slightly wasted the next day. If I have an edible the second day - too much !

That doesn't happen when I smoke.

When I was making cookies, it would normally be 1/3 ounce Ganja and about 1 1/3 pounds of cookie dough.

I would buy a 2 pound Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough, and not use the whole thing for Ganja. Always good to have some raw cookie dough in the fridge :woohoo:

I always found that I had to burn it a little bit. 425 for about 23 minutes and then stand there and watch it.

When it starts to smoke, more than a little but not too much, I would take it out of the oven, and let it cool. The cookie would get really hard as it cooled off, and a piece the size of a Star Trek postage stamp would be about enough.

One batch would make about 2 months' worth of edibles.

I just ate some chocolate ice cream :dance013:

Therealzemi

Haha.... Good to hear i'm not the only one making too strong stuff :p
But alas i'm lazy as fuck. Making cookies and so on is in the hands of my lovely GF. Chokolate is just easy enough for me to bother. And you are right Phatty. My Chokolate has me super groggy the morning after, and still a bit high. That is at it's current strength :p

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Instead of melting down chocolate chips or bars I make my own from scratch.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Way more potent now

375mg each???
That just cant be right

1/2 cup of decarbed canna oil in about 40 chocolates

How do I go about figuring out the dosages?

Last edited:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
You need to know how much THC is in your oil...

You need to know how much THC is in your oil...

Way more potent now

375mg each???
That just cant be right

1/2 cup of decarbed canna oil in about 40 chocolates

How do I go about figuring out the dosages?

7g (weed) X 20% (weed) = 1.4 g THC in the oil

1.4 / 40 = 30.5mg THC per candy

You weed may not be 20% THC so use your own numbers

Peace

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
1.5 g of bud for every oz of oil, atm.

So 6g per batch of 40.

150mg of bud each

3 candies should be equal to eating about 1/2 a gram.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
What is the percentage of THC in the weed?

What is the percentage of THC in the weed?

1.5 g of bud for every oz of oil, atm.

So 6g per batch of 40.

150mg of bud each

3 candies should be equal to eating about 1/2 a gram.

That seems like a lot of weed unless it's just trim.

150 bud X .20 THC = 30mg per candy

I use 1 ounce of 20% THC per 16 ounces of Coconut Oil

My kick ass Cookies are 60mg

Your mileage may vary :party:

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I think you helped me figure it out. My trim is like 3.5% thc (I think)

picture.php
picture.php

Here's my logic.

I only use sugar trim. I said to myself, self how much of this sugar trim would you need to smoke to be equivalent to 1 blunt of bud. I said about 1.5 -2 blunts.

I also remember that the last time I made qwiso with 28g of sugar trim I got 1g of hash back.

So if 1 oz = 1g
1.5 oz = 1.5g

That 1.5g of thc goes into 14 oz of oil.

1.5/14=107mg per oz of oil

4 oz of oil in the recipe

107 x 4= 428mg per batch

40 servings in a batch

428/40=10.7mg per candy