What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Round Infinity

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Grow Show Continues
il_fullxfull.463059065_gxz4.jpg

here goes 2016....​

This volume of grows begins in tents, two 5'x10' tents for flowering and one 3'x3' tent for veg currently (probably will have to expand that).
One tent currently has two ceramic metal halide 315w lights, lighting 3 soil beds; two 65 gallon beds and one 30 gallon bed, all fabric pots, 4 large-ish plants per bed(3 to 4.5 feet before training).
The other tent currently has one 600w hps and one 1000w hps, lighting 4 pots; three 30 gallon fabric pots and one 30 gallon plastic pot. The two beds on the outside have 4 larger plants in them just like the other tent, however the middle two beds are filled with smaller plants (6-10 inches tall) and are raised up on a low table to match the canopy height of the outside beds.
Each tent has an 8 inch exhaust fan, one is currently on a thermostat (temp DNE set at 68), the other is simply on a timer that roughly matches the light cycle.

The soil in my beds/big pots is recycled soil, same stuff I've been using for 2+ years now, it includes peat, perlite, lava rock, pond muck, compost, sand, bentonite clay and the regular slew of amendments which were added before the last round; fish bone, fish meal, oyster shell meal, crustacean meal, kelp meal, biochar, rock dust(s), neem meal, diatomaceous earth, alfalfa meal, and red wigglers and nightcrawlers (not many, but some) I've added rice hulls for extra aeration and drainage.
After planting in the soil I applied a thick (2-3 inches) layer of compost mixed with earthworm castings amended with terraganix em1 bokashi, dried molasses, gypsum, flax meal, kelp powder, VAM mycos, humic acid powder, ground & whole barley & ground/whole malted barley, ground & whole chia seeds, ground legumes (red & white beans), ground & whole malted buckwheat and activated (innoculated) biochar dust. Finally a layer of mixed (alfalfa & grass) hay is put down as mulch, about 3 inches deep.

Big mixed bag of strains going on in these flowering tents tents; one plant per strain on all the bigger plants, perhaps 2 or 3 plants maximum per strain in the smaller plant pots.
Big plants: Lime Cookies Bubba, Gorilla Glue #4, Bubba Kush, Blue Moon Rocks, Gorilla Glue#4 x Blue Ox, Khalisi x Sour Bubble, Canna-Tsu, Flo, Cherry Limon, Cheese, Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, and Purple Pakistani Diesel (PCK x dieselrella)
Small plants: BlueBerry x Northern Lights #5, Midnight Express, Cherry Limon, Super Critical, Catpiss x Moontang, "Grandma Cindy99", Tardis, and probably a couple others slippnig my mind from this list as well.

The veg tent is currently lit by an 8 bulb t5 setup. In veg are a few Gorilla Glue #4's, several BBxNL5's, tardis, ground pounder purps (sg1 / sanctuary gardens strain), silver grapefruit minion city diesel (also sanctuary gardens seeds, pheno found by seaf0ur), OGKB 2.0, Gluebreath, cherry limon, and many more....

picture.php

^^ Ceramic Metal Halide tent, all big plants

picture.php

^^ HPS tent, small plants shown

Last edited:

I wood

I am becoming more and more interested in the ceramic metal halides, you have my attention as well.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ground chia eh? how long have you been using chia seeds?
:watchplant:
just started putting them in soil.... got into eating chia seeds a while back, then got kinda sick of them & had a bag laying around just getting old, so decided to feed it to the soil.

filled up my cloning trays, hoping to preserve all these genetics before they are flipped, reveg may be very difficult in these beds, transplanting out of the beds or just giving one to a re-veg may not be an option.
also forgot to mention that the room is flipped; 12/12 started nov 30th.

I wood

Feeding chia seeds to the dirt is a way better idea than top dressing with them.
After soaking they get very slimy and go from slime to hard crusty layer pretty quick.
Wife bought a shitload of them, nobody wanted to eat them, in the dirt they will go.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Feeding chia seeds to the dirt is a way better idea than top dressing with them.
After soaking they get very slimy and go from slime to hard crusty layer pretty quick.
Wife bought a shitload of them, nobody wanted to eat them, in the dirt they will go.

the chia is mixed into my topdress mix.... ground and whole. plus a thick layer of mulch over the topdress, so it all really just becomes part of the rhizosphere ideally.

I'm loving the CMH's i just got the wellthink ballasts using the mogul converter for the bulbs.... working great so far, hoping to pick up another (maybe one of the phantoms? maybe a cycloptics setup?) one soon and add it to one of the tents.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
chia seed pudding---that's how i use em. just pour in some milk and honey and the insides of a vanilla bean and in a couple hours you have weird pudding that's strangely delish.

you can really use any liquid and flavoring. smashed banana with hemp milk is awesome.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
chia seed pudding---that's how i use em. just pour in some milk and honey and the insides of a vanilla bean and in a couple hours you have weird pudding that's strangely delish.

you can really use any liquid and flavoring. smashed banana with hemp milk is awesome.

upon first reading, i wasn't sure if you were going to feed the milk and honey and vanilla chia mix to your soil or to yourself.
that does sound scrumptious, kinda wish i hadn't given them all to the soil now....

did some transplanting last nite, separated all my little aloe plants & spider plant spiders so they can propagate quicker, rosemary and time went from 1 gal to 3 gal, put some ganja plants from 1 gals into 3 gals.
also added more worms to my soil, dug small holes thru the topcoat layer and dropped handfulls of worm bin material into the holes, then re-covered with topcoat mix and mulch over that.

picture.php

Last edited:

MR_Falcon

Veteran
I started drinking kombucha & had one w/ chia seeds... never again. can't wait to check out the grow, always putting on a great show. good luck:tiphat:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats
so anyone adding kombucha scoby to their soil?
last round i poured my leftover GT's kombucha remnants (little bits of solids in the bottom, which given time more sugar liquid turn to more scoby layers) to my soil, no ill effects i could tell.... scobies were pretty much gone or unnoticeable by harvest time (at least 5 weeks). im curious if there is a better way to make use of them?
can't remember who, but someone here on icmag brought up the idea of dropping scoby on the soil/compost, so i gave it a try.

Last edited: