What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orthodox Rabbi Blesses Cannabis

Skip

Veteran
Wow, never thought I'd see the day...

Love the way the Rabbi rubs it, smells it then offers it to others to smell...

Looks pretty good too, nice and fresh!

Cannabis is kosher according to their religious texts!

BTW, this was an obsession of Jack Herer before he passed on.

He dug into all the biblical references he could find to show how it was used religiously and medically. He said he was getting a book together on the subject, but I haven't seen it posthumously.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Canna has been classed as kosher for years. I remember chasidics talking about it 8 years ago

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Wow, never thought I'd see the day...

Love the way the Rabbi rubs it, smells it then offers it to others to smell...

Looks pretty good too, nice and fresh!

Cannabis is kosher according to their religious texts!

BTW, this was an obsession of Jack Herer before he passed on.

He dug into all the biblical references he could find to show how it was used religiously and medically. He said he was getting a book together on the subject, but I haven't seen it posthumously.

Hello Skip!

All plants are Kosher, and Cannabis has never been an exception. It has never been declared non-kosher or kosher, since it is understood that all plants are kosher.

In this case, for Passover, where there are some more dietary laws than usual, many things are re-viewed to see if they can be used during Passover, and since today Medical Cannabis is once again a thing (as it was pre-prohibition era), it was reviewed if its use during the 8 days of Passover was Ok.

I could also explain a bit more on that specific Blessing (in the video spoken in Yiddish) and how it relates to Cannabis, but don't want to break the TOU and go into overly religious topics.

What's surprising about this short video is not that the Rabbis approve of Cannabis, but that it was allowed to be filmed and also uploaded to the web.

These guys in the video surely are an authentic bunch.

peace!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers bombadil,,
great news,,
not suprised,,,most of my peeps for over 12 years are hassidics from N/London,,,,,always visit on a sunday,,,,as i understand it RE tora ,,that anything that grows from gods earth is fine,, thats my interpretation not theres lol,,,,,s2

KingSkillz

It's in the old septuagint. The Greek translation of the Hebrew old testament. Keneh bosem = cannabis. Aromatic Reed

Latest posts

Latest posts