What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Try This Man , This Sh*ts Killer!" Man Allegedly OD's On Pot Edibles

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey wasnt that other guy that jumped off the balcony on psych meds or pain meds? I casually remember running across the fact and noticed main stream media didnt mention it.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Haha i knew id get some hate for my hate on guns. It's ok, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Carrying handguns around is a self perpetuating problem because once one person carry's them around then everyone else will want to do the same thing to feel safe. I understand the point that criminals carry handguns and that is not good (especially the violent merciless criminals) but i mean cmon, does a housewife need to have a loaded handgun in her purse when she goes to do the weekly groceries? If that doesn't seem extreme to anyone well i don't know what else to say, other than im extremely glad i don't have to live in a country where i could get blown away by any person at anytime for next to nothing.

Not sure the correlation between being prepared and carrying a handgun around either, that's just inaccurate on many levels, but like i said everyone can have their opinions just like i do. I just really hate guns and the whole world would be better off without them, or at least heavily restrict them for legitimate use's only.

darth

Last edited:

DarthFader1

Veteran
No hating you for your opinion at all. The issue here in the states is that the criminals have guns....they go around doing home invasions...shooting up movie theaters...restaurants ect. Our constitution allows us to bear arms as lawful citizens....and the ability to not become a statistic at the hand of an armed criminal who has ill intent.

I know that it is different where you are....but if some armed thugs were about to harm you and your family....and someone was there that legally owned a firearm and stood up and saved you and your family's life...you would have a different perspective.

Fully, and i completely get your point and actually agree with it.

Im just lucky in my country firearm access is extremely limited to the point where even if some total crazy asshole wanted to go shoot up a school or movie theatre, they would have a very difficult time doing so just simply because of no access to firearms.

We have many total crazy people just like any other country does, and im sure we would have mass shootings if these people had access to guns. I realise it's not as black and white as this (racial pun not intended) and there are many variables in play, but despite that and also despite the fact that i agree with your points, i still believe the US has a major gun problem on it's hands.

Thanks for being respectful though
darth

DarthFader1

Veteran
You guys gotta know too that my hate for handguns comes directly from being bombarded with news of these insane mass shootings that seem to happen every few months in the US. It really upsets me and angers me greatly to see this total bullshit happening and nothing changes, so just know that my hate towards guns does come from a place of love and compassion as a human being. I just hate how someone can wield that much power in their hands with one little weapon, when who knows their psychological state

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Arent Edibles tagged with a "Security Warning?"

Like everybody knows a whole bottle of wodka could kill ya also....

Gry

If I recall my youth correctly, knowledge about alcohol was pretty hard earned.
I wonder what a more informative warning would look like.

I would venture a guess that the kid's cannabis use was a failed attempt at self medication for whatever malaise he suffered from. A strong edible high can be frighteningly introspective, but I've never encountered anyone who experienced feelings like "What's the point?", "I should just end this", etc. Booze on the other hand...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We can sit here and discuss the mental instability of the worlds trillion people all day, fact is there is more nuts then straight heads out there ha.

Sforza

Veteran
Arent Edibles tagged with a "Security Warning?"

Like everybody knows a whole bottle of wodka could kill ya also....

But you never read about people dying from drinking too much alcohol. It does not make the national news.

"On average, 6 people died every day from alcohol poisoning in the US from 2010 to 2012. Alcohol poisoning is caused by drinking large quantities of alcohol in a short period of time. Very high levels of alcohol in the body can shutdown critical areas of the brain that control breathing, heart rate, and body temperature, resulting in death. Alcohol poisoning deaths affect people of all ages but are most common among middle-aged adults and men."
http://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/alcohol-poisoning-deaths/