What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who thinks my buds are ready to harvest? (Pictures)

Mr.Gabz

Hello, first grow here.

Quick and easy, I need help because I'm a bit clueless here, I don't know if my buds are ready to harvest.

First pistils showed around December 15th so the switch to 12/12 was earlier (Can't remember when exactly)

We are now January 8th which means I should be around 24 days into flowering right? I'm a bit confused on when to start to count.. After the 12/12 or when you see pistils..

With a 60x microscope I see amber trichomes on the amber pistils but it's mostly white, it's very hard to tell if it's clear or milky.

Anyway it looks like this now! :

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not ready yet. Usually towards the end most pistils will be amber and trichomes overall should be cloudy/amber. Count from the day you flipped to 12/12 lighting. How many days since then?

Mr.Gabz

WOW Big mistake in my post everyone!!

First pistils showed on 15th november and not 15 december!!

So it's 55 days into flowering!!

Holy shit LOL it's probably the worst mistake I could do in my whole post! Sorry!

Mr.Gabz

I dried a very small flower for 2 days that would fit 3/4 of a bong cup and took 4 bong hits.

Head Rush to the MAX I feel like climbing a mountain and dance through the forest.

Actually, I have never experienced this since the first day I smoked in my life in Amsterdam, Holland, probably because all we have here is M39 indica that couchlock you and make you all dizzy and stuff.

I prefer this high 10 times more.. And it's not ready? :/ wow

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just think how much better she will be when done :) typicly all Pistils will have changed color and all the Tric's have turned 100% cloudy. The longer you ripen from there the more amber you will get. I like most all strains to be 10% Amber 90% cloudy. Min 100% cloudy before harvest.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting close, Mr. G- Maybe keep sampling a sm. bud until you KNOW that's what you want!!! I like the cerebral high....90%cloudy, 10% clear,.....but that's just me....that dancin' , climbing a mountain endorphin rush. Esp. for sativas or sat hybrids. Indicas....for pain relief, I like 80% milky/cloudy, no more than 20% amber.

You'll discover what's best for YOU!!

Over 50% amber trich's....the plant is degrading, losing potency.

You are almost there (harvest time!)....and excellent job, BTW.

Mr.Gabz

Thank you so much for your answers guys!! All this was possible due to cannabis growing being a free knowledge sharing over the internet and keeping your positive attitude rather than acting like bragging about how good you are compared to this newbie who just started!

Grow weed for peace and love of nature!

And because fuck this whole corporate system killing our planet that made marijuana illegal because Hemp which is marijuana's cousin can make fiber, food, fuel, fibers, concrete, rope, paper, decontaminate radiations from the soil, eliminate cancer when ingested and 3000+ more uses.
Even George Washington grew hemp and your ancestors said hemp was the billion dollar crop (The first crop in history to reach a billion)

Good night!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If youre at 55 at least wait until 63. Take some magnification to the trichs. I agree with the others i shoot for 10% amber. Once you see any amber at all technically the plant is degrading. The more amber the more couchlock.

Yekke

I'll give it another 10 days.
But if you like the head rush you can chop it now and don't cure it for over 2 weeks (keep it in the fridge after a week of curing)

It will be weaker, taste less good and you'll lose some weight.

You could also harvest some now and some later to have some variety.

I like my weed more mature - like 2-3 weeks further than where yours is.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cutting buds early and leaving them in the fridge? Really? That sounds very strange im unfamiliar with that. Why would anyone do this?

Mr.Gabz

I only gave nutrients in the beginning of flower (Except in veg which was once watering a week or less)
But in flower, I fed 3 times in 55 days. Now it's pure water since a few weeks and they won't get any nutrients until it's done.

Mikenite69

Veteran
U can almost bet most plants will go 70 days atleast from the flip of 12/12. Unless its a clone then clones usually finish faster. I have always found most indica/sativa hybrids go to 70 days atleast from seed.

Pure indica probably atleast 65 days or sooner. Sativas ofcourse longer than 70 days.

Your crystals/triches hold everything you need to know. You can tell most of the time by the pistils to usually when most have browned out and shriveled and your calyxes have swelled.

Peace mike

Yekke

Cutting buds early and leaving them in the fridge? Really? That sounds very strange im unfamiliar with that. Why would anyone do this?
Cutting them a BIT early will make the high more heady.
then dry them, cure them for a week and THEN put them in the fridge.
The cold temps. will slow down the curing process and thus keep the heady high.
Some people like their weed more mature than others.

Timb

Fridge cure

Fridge cure

Cutting them a BIT early will make the high more heady.
then dry them, cure them for a week and THEN put them in the fridge.
The cold temps. will slow down the curing process and thus keep the heady high.
Some people like their weed more mature than others.
I'm sorry I'm not trying to be rude or anhthi,g but I bin doing this a he'll of a long time two Decades + and for years I never cured just dried off you go then I discovered curing dry till dry then put in Masson or any air right glass jar and leave cor as long as pos 2 to 3 weeks min open very couple days and smell I garantie very time you do it will smell better a d it gets better in all ways e van potency I think that's to do with thc braking down I to thcv or sumac my advice to anyone is ure for ad long as pos you will be glad you did tim

Latest posts

Latest posts