What's new

advantage/point of clones?

G

Cloning

Cloning

Respectfully I suggest that you use the search engine in the upper right of this page, Keyword: Cloning. It saves a lot of time for fellow stoner's if you do the homework first and THEN ask about information that is not clear to you.

The peeps in the forums are very generous with their time and experiences, and share them freely. May I recommend a few books, two authors in particular stand out as "Top Dogs" in the field of MJ. They are Jorge Cervantes and Ed Rosenthal.

I will say that growing from seed is faster and the fruit of that effort presents plants that other than strain can demonstrate themselves differently.. If you have recollection of "Dolly the Sheep" that was cloned some years back it will help you to better understand what cloning is about, and you can evaluate whether Cloning is your cup-o-tea.

Basically a grower selects a plant that displays all of the qualities of the particular strain. Clones are taken and (read the books) from them you will have twins, quadruplets, however many you take......AND PROVIDING that each of them receives the same QUALITY growing disciplines they will all possess the traits of the mother plant, a mirror image.

Knowledge derived from Competent and Respected sources will serve you well in your quest. Another good point is that it will allow you to separate the chaff from the wheat (Fact vs. BS), there being a measurable quantity of the latter in the world of MJ growing. I've been known to slip a time or two myself.

Best 2U,

TyStik :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Seeds are a crap shoot. Clones, assuming you've tasted the mother, are a lock. You know exactly what you're getting in terms of sex, quality and growth pattern. Growth pattern can be very important in the Micro Grow arena.

Seeds are expensive, one seed equals one plant. Clones are (relatively) free, one mother equals thousands of plants.

On the other hand, seeds don't require the maintenance a mother does. They're easier to transport. If you have nothing to grow, seeds are easier to procure. Without a med card, I don't know where you'd go to buy a clone.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
clones garunteed females when taken from a female mother plant caring for the mother plant isnt hard very easy 1 currently have 2 bonsai mums. with clones once they have roots you can flip right over to flower no veg or veg how long ya desire. 2-3 wks for roots to appear on clone's seeds 2-3 wks for the 1st set of 3 finger leaves. with female clones your gonna save time lotsa time.

THC•20

IMO cloning doesn't have any cons. Only con is getting used to it. But once you get used to it, it's too easy. Everything has already been covered really so just speaking from my opinion I like clones because like it's been said with mothers you get the exact copy with clones. So if you've found a pheno of a plant you love then you can always take cuttings and get the same qualities all the time. No worries about males, and it allows you to do things like SOG and scrog without worrying about a male having to be removed when it could've been a female. Another great thing about clones is that they allow you to learn your plants. Like taking clones that you use to experiment on with different things, and if they die you still have a lot more clones and knowledge of knowing what and what not to do plus more branches for clones on the way so..it's great. Also you can save your seeds :)

Z

zoolander

I think the time saved from growin clones is great, but sometimes those seeds have hidden gems in them.

Okie grown

Veteran
Well you are getting great info on clones.I make moms from those hiddin gems that zoo was talking about.And i know i will always have that hidden gem.And also you are sure to have a female.And if you want you can take clones from your moms and transplant them outside in mid summer for all female plants that wont get great big! I have always wanted to do this but need a few good spots.I have a buddy with land in the western arkansas mounts.Willie Nelson one time said he got his bud from this same county in ark.He said he went 1 time a month to this ark. county and got his bud cuz it was the best he ever smoked (thats sayin alot).I will have to take a bunch of clones out there this summer like in july or so.That way thay will stay pretty short when done.Then if my few spots dont get found ill grow bigger ones next summer.GOODLUCK with clonein cuz it has only pros no cons i can think of. OG

420guy

i have always preferred the 'ol clone off my momma method...my mother has been good to me for almost three and a half years now...

Latest posts

Latest posts