What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pHing PBP

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm about to start using PureBlendPro with a PROMIX soilless medium. From the research that I've done, no mention has been made of adjusting, or having to adjust the pH. My question is if there's a need to adjust the pH, what's being used to adjust it?

Yes you will more than likely need to raise or lower your ph after you mix your water and nutes throughout your grow. A bottle of ph up and a bottle of ph down will suffice.

Last edited:

hurricane

Definatly get some ph up/down. Don't get the stuff they use for pools make sure its for plants. I find that a mix of PBPSB and CalMax+ requires ph up, but thats with RO water.

Hurricane

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Vash said:
I'm about to start using PureBlendPro with a PROMIX soilless medium. From the research that I've done, no mention has been made of adjusting, or having to adjust the pH. My question is if there's a need to adjust the pH, what's being used to adjust it?

NO absolutely not. That mix has 2 limes that work as the pH buffer.

Use fish emulsion or PBP in Veg - I always feed at the least 10% - 25% every watering when they're not getting a full dose. The plant will tell me how much or too much. I've never been much on measuring as I'm a free pour type.

PBP Bloom with PK 13-14 as a booster in 4-6th week, flush with 25% nutrients last 2 weeks - final watering plain water.

Very hard to mess up this way & you can achieve optimum results.

Last edited:

Okie grown

Veteran
Im with sirgrassalot.I have used promix with pbp,liquid karma,cal-mag and top max for awhile.Never had a ph prob.But i do add more lime.If usein hydr. lime use about 1 tbs. per 5 gals. of soil mix.Use more if usein dol. lime not sure exact % for dol. lime but do a search you will find lots of info.I also like to add more perlite to the promix.I like fox farm chunky perlite if its in stock at my supply store (hardly ever is).Good luck.Its almost a fool proof. way to grow soiless hydro.Very forgiveing.

hurricane

Another question, since we are in the organic *hydro* part. I read yesterday that vinegar and lemon juice will not work in any hydroponics system, because they will evap out of your reservoir. Anyone else experience that?

Hurricane

I add one tablespoon of hydrated lime to every gallon of mix and I get no problems. When dolomite is used it calls for 2 tablespoons.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to thank everyone who has responded to this thread. I have acquired more information already than I had expected. Seems I've got several options here. One thing is i already use prilled dolomite in my organic mix, so i'm wondering will that suffice. Good ideas on the chunky perlite. I have a great big bag of that stuff form Fox Farm. The PK 13-14. Is that the Canna stuff?

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
That's the ticket..Good luck on your grow.
38360PK1314-1L.jpg