What's new

Urgent help needed!! Question about TAG water pump..

jiboia

Hi!!

I need some serious help ASAP~~ :wave:

This is my planned set up: two 400 hps, two aeroponic tables of 3x3 each, with 16 plants each table(4plants x 4plants)(is this too many plants for a table of 3x3? i plan on vegging them for a week or less so i can get more plants for a nice sog)
each table will have 40 misting nozzles, so it is 4 nozzles per plant(some plants will share nozzles).

The nozzles are:

Fogger-Mister, Barbed Connection
Barbed Connection, 360 degree. Use this mister with line pressures of 35-80 psi to reduce the ambient air temperature. Each fogger covers an area of 2'-4' with a droplet size of 60-80 microns. Each one puts out 3/4GPH.

so...if i have 40 nozzles x 3/4gph= 40 x .75gallons/hour = 30gallons/hour
then it is 30gph/60minutes = .5gpm

the runway of the pvc pipes is 10 pvc pipes of 3 foot each so it is 30 foot.

10 pvc pipes because the grid is 4x4.

Here is the question:

which pump should i get from this site?http://www.purewater4u.com/store/Aquatec5800.shtml

I can only get pumps from this site cause they are in Las Vegas and this is where a friend of mine is right now. He can pick it up for me... I live on the other side of the planet hehe...shipping water pumps is crazy money, and no i couldnt find anything in my area...its a primitive town here.
I need to get 2 pumps. one for each table cause one table will have 10 week plants: ssh, satori and alegria and Thaze skunk.
the other pump will water my 8 week strains Tblueberries, Chronic's RevengeII, Morning Glory, Mental Floss and Skunk.

Thanks!!!!

Okie grown

Veteran
16 plants per. 400 watt hps .you could do clones in there put em into flower at about 1 ft. to 18 in. tall I figure most strains will finish at 3 ft. if you do that.

Y

yamaha_1fan

There was not alot of info on those pumps in regards to the outlets. I would get the strongest pump you can. If it is too strong, you can tee off the pump and use valves to adjust the pressure to the aero system, and the rest would go back into the rest

jiboia

I am thinking either one:

Aquatec 5800 Delivery/Demand Pump (3 - 4+ Outlets)

1.2 Gallon Per Minute (GPM), 70/60 PSI, 3/8" John Guest Fittings, 120 Volt

OR should i get this one?

Aquatec 5800 Delivery/Demand Pump (3 - 4+ Outlets)

1.7 Gallon Per Minute (GPM), 130/60 PSI, 3/8" John Guest Fittings, 120 Volt

I could maybe get those pressure regulators and set the pressure at 60psi?
This is my first trial and i have no clue what to do or to expect... :puppydoge

jiboia

ok...forget the pumps i mentioned above...the site is not answering my emails.

Anyways...i been looking around and found a few pumps for drinking fountains. Would those work for my set up?

Yamaha 1fan, you said to get a bigger pump, but should i get a bigger psi or bigger flow pump?
I found pumps that will do 2litters per minute which is exactly what 40 misters of (3/4gph) should put out in a minute. Should i get a bigger pump that will do more than 2 litters per minute?
The psi required for the misters is 35psi to 80psi, so if i get a pump that is 60psi, will this work fine or should i get something like 150psi?

Liam

No such thing as a 'tag water pump'. This is icmag.com, not makeupnewwords.com

Who started that stupid acronym, someone ought to slap him upside the head.

Ecoplus 230, 240, 250. These pumps are the only ones that are both high PSI and won't react with your nutes that im 100% certain of.

Last edited:
Y

yamaha_1fan

I have no idea as I only ran aero once and that was a while ago. I am not well versed on how pumps respond to pressure and water flow.

My suggestion is as above. Buy the pump with the biggest flow and pressure you can afford. Then reduce the flow and pressure by using tees and valves to divert water back into the rez.

Chester

Pump manufacturers publish a Pressure vs. Flow curve.

At zero flow you'll get maximum pressure. At zero pressure you'll get maximum flow.

Look at the curve for your 0.5 GPM and you'll find the specified pressure +/- 10%.

That said, you will use more power producing a pressure higher than you need. And with misters, you will need to meet or exceed the minimum pressure for the mist nozzles.

So to choose you pump you have the required information when you look at the pump flow curves. The flow rate of 0.5 GPM. And you need at least 35 psi for your nozzles.

Thus a pump that delivers at least 35 psi while flowing 0.5 GPM is what you want. Higher pressures at that flow won't hurt, they'll just consume more electricity.

Good Luck,

:cool:

jiboia

Liam, sorry for the "wrong word" i made... :biglaugh: , i am just refering to water pumps suitable for my aeroponic set up. Thanks for refering those water pumps, but i cant get those in my area and i dont want to spend loads of $$$ on shipping. So i am just looking around this little town and have to ask you guys to see if it'll work.

Yamaha 1fan, what set up do you use now? Why did you quit aero? Is it not worth it? I am considering it mainly because it is "supposed" to increase yield, save nutrients( compared to hydro), what are your thoughts and experiences on aero?

Chester, great info there! :hotbounce something i wasnt aware of before haha...i will try to get the flow rate vs psi chart from the seller. Not sure if they will have that. If i cant get the chart...do you think i should buy the 125psi pump or the 60psi pump? Both pumps flow rate is 2litters/minute...I am thinking of getting the 125psi now and have that valve made like yamaha 1fan is suggesting...whats your opinion?

G

No don't get a huge pump like that. How many misters/sprayers? You need 50-60 micron jets and a 1/2hp water pump able to do 50-60psi.

Y

yamaha_1fan

well for one, I had problems matching the pump to the system. But I found a pump that worked.

At first I had all the misters pop pot of the big PVC pipe cause I couldnt find the right grommets. Then I secured them with clothspin. The big issue I had was my ART timer died once, and my pump died once. In the morning everything was good, by the end of the day the plants were almost dead. They were leaning over so much they almost were touching the floor.

If I had to build it again, I probably could knowing what I know now. But E&F is much easier to build and maintain. No misters to clog (which happened ALOT) and if a pump dies or something goes wrong (which has, human error) the plants have a much larger window where they can go unwatered as they are in a medium.

As a commercial grower I will sacrifice a little yield for ease and peace of mind

If someone else is saying not to use the valves, then maybe they are right. I will tell you if the pressure is too high, you will blow the misters off their tubing, if thats how you are using them