What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Aspen,

i just got done fighting the 2 spotted spider mites and the only thing that worked was Green Cleaner. Make sure to foliar when lights are out.

i was going to use forbid if the green cleaner failed but it worked.

peace

DunHav`nFun

Sorry doll just saw your pm......I got no answers cuz unbeknownst to me , SM-90 in the rootzones , plus lab conditions always kept critters outta my grow areas......but....waaaay back then durin my krusty bucket days , a close bro got the borg lil bastards and fucked em up with Hot Shot No Pest strips like in 24-36 hrs.....gone.....and yeah I know......

All the pot snobs and strictly organic growers are scared to death of the shit due to it`s ingredients , but my bro literally sealed his room , turned the heat way up and hung 4 or maybe 5 of the NPS `s , and walked away for 36 hrs....lights cycled on and off couple times and when they came back the next time he went in and millions of the lil fucks were everywhere on the floor......said he sucked em up with a shop vac.....never to be seen again .....

That`s all I got darlin....Haters gonna hate , but the shit works and I never knew anyone gettin cancer from smokin dope treated by Hot Shot No Pest Strips for at most 36 hrs over a 70 day 1680 hr life span end of flower cycle.....anyways.....take care and good luck....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......

Aspenou812

Veteran
Sorry doll just saw your pm......I got no answers cuz unbeknownst to me , SM-90 in the rootzones , plus lab conditions always kept critters outta my grow areas......but....waaaay back then durin my krusty bucket days , a close bro got the borg lil bastards and fucked em up with Hot Shot No Pest strips like in 24-36 hrs.....gone.....and yeah I know......

All the pot snobs and strictly organic growers are scared to death of the shit due to it`s ingredients , but my bro literally sealed his room , turned the heat way up and hung 4 or maybe 5 of the NPS `s , and walked away for 36 hrs....lights cycled on and off couple times and when they came back the next time he went in and millions of the lil fucks were everywhere on the floor......said he sucked em up with a shop vac.....never to be seen again .....

That`s all I got darlin....Haters gonna hate , but the shit works and I never knew anyone gettin cancer from smokin dope treated by Hot Shot No Pest Strips for at most 36 hrs over a 70 day 1680 hr life span end of flower cycle.....anyways.....take care and good luck....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......

Well honestly this is the first time I don’t have one of them hanging in the shop... I’ve used them before in Veg too... lol I must not be an organic pot snob... Thanks DHF and you have a great year!!!

Aspenou812

Veteran
The Nukem has been really effective... more so than I thought at first.. there dying all over the place and haven’t spread much to other plants I saw a few alive here and there but it looks like I’m winning so far...

Aspenou812

Veteran
So I’ve examined my plants for about 4 hours tonight with a digital 1000x microscope I still see a few here and there and I can see I’ve knocked the fuck out of them the fogging Nukem has been effective but I’ll have to change gears and use something else to put them down... and it is confirmed I have two spot spider mites all of them are about to die...

Copperfield

Aspen,

i just got done fighting the 2 spotted spider mites and the only thing that worked was Green Cleaner. Make sure to foliar when lights are out.

i was going to use forbid if the green cleaner failed but it worked.

peace

Have u guys ever tried Einstein oil??? It has kept me bug free for years....... I use it w cocoa wet.... it’s good shit!

Aspenou812

Veteran
Have u guys ever tried Einstein oil??? It has kept me bug free for years....... I use it w cocoa wet.... it’s good shit!

I’ll have to check that out now that implementation of an IPM is a HAVE TO DO.... I felt better when it was just a good idea to do.... FML I didn’t have the borg then!! It’s alright I got them about beat... they can’t stand up to the fog!! So fuck em!! I’ve taken completely infested fan leaves microscope them to get a count per square inch and held the leaf in the Nukem Fog Stream.. Then I microscoped them again to confirm the effectiveness of the Nukem fog!! Every One of them was dead within minutes The 5 micron fine fog has a really impressive rate of absorbing into the plants and bugs no matter how small they are the 5 micron fog is so small it makes the spider mites look like cars under the microscope. It’s just that simple the fog envelops everything the fog looks like tiny droplets on the spider mites bodies... It’s really fucking amazing

Aspenou812

Veteran

I thought it would take years to rebuild my Collection of moms... I suppose I was wrong I have 10 really nice moms in the works.. here are the latest 5 all lovely I’m so Ganga Blessed... 6 out of the 10 are So called Elite Clones... And I’ll have a wonderful collection to work with in no time and that’s what I’m gonna do.. work the fuck out of these wonderful genetics... Someone keep telling me to Hope and the Community would do the rest... I’m proud to be a small part of the greatest Community on earth... Take care of people be helpful when you can and you just about can’t fail .... New Fire in the House Yay!!! I love this shit It’s just what I do...

Copperfield

Yea broski, sometimes I’ll get cuts from a buddy and he always has a few so I quarrentine them for a week and hit them 2-3 times up/dwn around/upside dwn... it knocks em dead... sounds like aspen had one hell of an infestation.. I just ha e never had that issue..... my cousin does mold remediation as his profession and they have these new ionizers that have tanks on them and dog the air... u can control them w your phone as well to your likening.... I’ll check out the brand n take a few pics but u could prolly mitigate pest w that thing as well.... I just always try n keep things clean as I can... I always change after working in the yard to be sure I dnt bring in any unwanted pests... I keep animals out of the room as well... all sorts of mites hide n dog/cat hair.....

Aspenou812

Veteran
I had them pretty bad but beating them back isn’t too bad with the right equipment foggers work... my Fogger from AeroScience being preferred Nukem was effective too and I’ve switched to Forbid to finish them off.. everything I have is in veg so collecting them in one space has helped... I prefer the full on necular rollout making the room as uncomfortable as possible for them to survive... High levels of co2 and a few no pest strips in the space should Finnish off the fuckers

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Aspen,

I hope you are doing well. I hope you can enjoy the holiday with the ones you love.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you and yours.

Aspenou812

Veteran
I just got done checking the plants and cleaning them up... I haven’t been able to find a single spider mite.. not a single one... out of 45 plants... I knew my foggers were effective but FML I’ve wiped them out with 7 treatments and 3 days with No Pest Strips and 1500 ppm co2... I’ve never had bugs like this but I knew how to work through it... and that’s what I did... it’s a lot of work being that kind of thorough and following all my steps and moving the plants in and out of the fog chamber it takes hours like 7 hours each time... I’m about to flip them can’t wait... I have clones rooting and just took clones of everything else but the ogkb2.0 they are small still so I’ll probably hold them a week or so in Veg and flip the rest then just fit them back in for 9 solid weeks and harvest all at once all 40 or so plants... They aren’t perfectly trained it’s been too much with fighting the borg.. but they are the right size to flower for my space... long night in the garden... I mixed a 2 to one batch of coco perlight cleaned up the clones and watered them watered all the plants 3 times and cleaned them up took clones and fogged 46 plants I’m pooped out... 11 hours n the grow room last night and I just swam two miles... think I’m gonna go find some breakfast y’all have a good day

Aspenou812

Veteran
The hand fogger

The hand fogger

Wish I could show y’all a video swing by my IG or the other thread place to see a video of this baby in action.. perfect fog clouds in the 10 to 12 micron range... this is how I beat the spider mites... and foliar feed... what do y’all think??

Aspenou812

Veteran
Looks expensive :) but if that's how you beat em.. good work!!

Well it’s not without cost... But when you weigh the cost of loosing everything to mites.... it’s not too bad.. really this is the best Fogger the water droplets are so small they permeate organic tissue on contact.. I have about 300 bucks in this Fogger it produces 2 to 10 micron fog that’s dry Initially however it does condense quickly forming water droplets when you reach the saturation point of the tissue that takes about five seconds the same is true when the fog comes in contact with bugs the water droplets seen through a microscope The water droplets seem through a microscope on the backs in between the legs of a two spot spider mite are still tiny making the bugs look huge... the coverage is quick and dry fog envelops every space including the air space around the plant until actual water droplets form that are visible... the benefits are 10 fold over any sprayer powered or not.. these are water droplets the size of bacteria in smaller most other foggers actually start just above what is officially known as mist...

Aspenou812

Veteran
The way that Fogger works for plants by permeating the organic tissues in the plants is the exact same way that it works on bugs the wax coating is not complete on bugs they have sections at their joints and their legs and heads that are movable and not coated in the wax like there bodies and heads are.... tiny microscopic soft spots in there armor as it were.. the fog while it’s dry is small enough at 2 to 10 microns to collect in these spaces as it envelops the bug it will collect and condense into actual water droplets.. unlike a 200+ micron water droplet... from a sprayer... that will basically stay together and roll off the surface....y’all would just have to see it to really get it... I don’t believe I have to ability to really explain just how effective this really is... I’ve been growing now for 7 years.. and fogging for about a year and a half... 5+ years constantly buying every spray bottle I could find that looked like it had a good mist because they get dirty inside the sprayer part I would only use them like 5 times they break and clog too... and let’s face it the hand cramps suck... This is my first time fighting bugs like this.. I’ve used both of my foggers to add humidity to my drying rooms and to foliar feed and was seriously impressed with those results...
Now I treated the plants every 3 days and would inspect the results by getting a bug per square inch count... the way I do that is my little handheld microscope has a one inch field of view... so I take the fan leaves 12 fans of each type of pot I’m growing.. slide the leaf blade together so they were slightly overlapping and plop my microscope on it then take a count in 3 places on each of the leaves... then just run the averages... my Mac1 was the clear winner.. with 10 to 12 living moving bugs... all the clones had them though having rooted in the same tray... my 20 seed plants had them after 2 weeks in the big room with the clones before I found the mites...
I sprayed Nukem the fist time check a day later the Mac1 was down to about 4 per square inch they were still living even with the Nukem alone the fog would leave none living.. the eggs would pop though... Fogging the Forbid F4 DEVASTATED THE LIVE ONES AND EGGS... and just for good measure I fogged them again with Forbid a week later... we inspected the plants as we topped them last night and haven’t seen anything at all with the exception of some dead eggs and the damage they left behind....
It’s like I’ve been living in the grow it’s a shitload of WORK I have a lot of plants to keep up with and they are thriving now... I love it!! I wish all of you guys could really see how effective the fog is at really everything foliar!!!! It really comes down to working your ass off the foggers are tools like spray bottles... You have to work your ass off either way to win this fight... I won’t say the foggers save time and make it easy... they are just far more effective I wish all of you have one.. Peace y’all have a good night... We’re going to go spear fishing now.... It’s a warm night at 58 degrees... the water is cold AF... i believe I need to go dust off my dry suit and auga mask...

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
im with you on the spray bottles, if you find a good one it clogs or quits pumping.
@Aspen i need to get with you on building a hand held fogger
Happy New Years good luck shooting a fish