What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch coffeeshops - post your latest reviews here!

cannawolf

I did go to Bronx, Millenium and El MAssra, De Bommel and Flashback i can't remember. I sticked to Massawa because he is a good friend and he always treated me good there, He was the only coffeeshop to give me samples from all the hash so i could choose what is the kind of hash i like...never seen this no where, and i can guarantee won't happen also.
I can't say the same for the others. But they did had some nice hash at that time(8 years? 6?) i can't say for now. Sometimes the best hash in the coffeeshop is the one that aren't being sold at the menu ...

Last edited:

Amsterdab16

@cannawolf:

I've also heard other grumblings of these "off the menu" hashes so to speak. How would one go about at convincing the budtender to offer or show the prospective customer such products, as I would be very interested to know...

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated... :D

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
sometimes if you look at the menu then ask if they have anything special and if shown something on the menu (that isnt good enough) say in a flat voice "oh... ok... anything else?" doesnt always work, but has more than once.

Amsterdab16

Thanks both you guys, any tried and tested shops where this is the case, at least that y'all are willing to share with me?

...or is that something I'll have to go and try out for myself?

Amsterdab16

Hmm tried the trick tonight at Massawa, even asked in Dutch, but had no such luck

Looked at the "Royal" (12 per gram) and the Primera (10 per gram), both were softer, more pungent aroma, and a tad oilier than the last time I was here. I went with the cheaper (re: safer) option this time again, and snagged a g of Primera. - gave a fat yield in the rosin press. Dabbed some just now, she's tasty :D

Amsterdab16

And since I don't even have editing privileges might as well ring in the obligatory 50th post, and wait for the magic...

Edit to add: Just because I can, the time stamp 8 minutes less groovy than the one Jamieshoes once left me with but it'll do!

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
And since I don't even have editing privileges might as well ring in the obligatory 50th post, and wait for the magic...

:woohoo:

61.-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-wait-time-sign-fantasyland-magic-kingdom-walt-disney-world.jpg

Amsterdab16

Recent pickups:

Voyagers -

Grapefruit Diesel - mildly diesly, sour-citrusy bouquet, dense hard buds. Seem to have a bit of moisture but that could be the density. Upon grinding up a strong sour-citrus aroma comes out like you guessed it grapefruit, so indeed the parents shine through in harmony here. White enough ash, reveals a decent flush-job (could be better), and a cure to match.
Flavor is there though, if you're a #flavorchaser like your's truly :) potency is good enough. I really enjoy the flavor on this one, reminds a lot of Somari, or a bit of tangie even. 12 euros per gram 8.6/10

1e Hulp -

Blue Dream - saw the pics on insta, and I had to go pick some of this up. Frosty dense nuggets, with a gorgeous calyxy bud-structure, smattered with hues of indigo-purple. The bouquet from the get-go was a let down, in the tub. I still went on eye appeal alone, with a gram for 16 fucking euro. The flush-job was rather poor given the steep price tag, the cure matched the flush and there wasn't any stinkin' flavor to report (of note), in either the incredibowl or the volcano, fucking hell - hate to say it but avoid - oh and it's not legit BD btw! 6/10

East Coast Sour Diesel - I have to say after having tried the impressive "looking" BD first, I was a bit hesitant and not expecting too much. But this one shone through with very kushy-diesely notes and a notably potent soaring sativa-high, ash was white enough. Flavorful and potent, what more could I want - a better price tag! Nonetheless, at the 13 per gram, given the current state of things it's a solid of enough value for the quality of bud at hand, Amsterdab approved. 9/10.

Massawa:

Royal - a fine piece of classic rif resin, floral ginger-root bouquet. Reddish-brown hue, consistency is very volatile, does not feel oily in the least, stays fairly firm until handled and then immediately yields to body-heat temp - indicative of a proper classic rocky! Put this one straight in the press gave back 60% return. Flavor translates through quite well as rosin, surprisingly heavy hitter. As said respectable classic rocky, though at 12 per g, I think I'd maybe prefer to go up the street for Flashback's no name 9 euro polm. 8.3/10

so... whats the standard of weed like in the shop near your house?

It varies. In occasion I get the more expensive stuff like haze and it looks and smells fine but at closer inspection I find the buds are covered with tiny flies all over, the next time I get to the other coffeeshop and I get moisty buds that smell like grass and I pay the highest price for it (about 12E p/g)

You can get crumbs aswell which is cheepest (5 gr ~35E) but then you might find other stuff in it incuding hairs. but that depends on who is preparing it for you i guess.

To get the better stuff you probably have to buy stuff in more places to get what you are looking for. Carefully look at it smell it crumb it before you smoke or vaporize it to taste it. In occasion the very best stuff you get from shitty places you rather not be or something.

My experience is from Eindhoven

NotYourSaviour

Just back from my trip to the Dam and it seems this thread needs an update:biggrin::

Dampkring II: Had a look at 'Noor C5', which was a squidgy and shiny nearly black moroccan hash for 16€ a gram by Amsterdam Genetics and 'Noor' which was a sticky dark moroccan for 16€ a gram from the Rifman range. Latter one had a not so intense smell but more rounded than the other one which sold it to me in the end.

Effects were more of an medium upish high.

Kadinsky: 'Amensia Cream' this time then which was a sticky moroccan hashish with obviously foreign genetics for 16€/g. Not as squidgy and shiny black like last time but dark brown and indeed smelly.

Taste was transfered well from smell but not too sure about 'Amnesia' involved. Though a very nice piece of hash!

Original Dampkring: Got me some 'Mushina' for 15€ a gram which was a sticky darker moroccan hash made with Critical plants. Beautiful sort of fruity smell along with a major creeper stone(strong one!). Best purchase of this trip:)!

Boerejongens: 'Golden Berry Block' was another nearly black moroccan hash with obviously foreign genetics. Came in a small plastic box due to its stickiness. Smelt somewhat fruity but didn't taste like berries. Effects were more upish.
Overall good enough.

De Graal: since this shop has to close at the end of this year this was one of my last visits then unfortunately so spent most of the trip here and just skipped others.
No news about the upcoming closure but it doesn't look good though.

Went for 'Kandy Kush' for 13€ a gram and 'Chocoloco' for 13€(14€?)a gram, both from Morocco with obvioulsly you know what.

Both dark brown and sticky creams similar to the others I bought that trip. Nothing to complain but the Chocoloco wasn't too special in my eyes.
Also bought some 'Shoreline' for 15€ a g which looked like bad outdoor grown garbage but as usual delivered in the taste as smell department.
Had a wonderful stay here again!

By the way also took a look at a Greenhouse but didn't fancy any of their wares.

cheesyman95

I went to Amsterdam about 2 Weeks ago.

I can highly recommend the the following Shops:

Goa coffeeshop : - AMAZING blue cheese , one of my favorite smokes during my time in Amsterdam , 14Euros but definitly worth the money !!
- Grape ape , an amazing fruity Taste , super enjoyable smoke !

A bit more away from the City center in the Eastern of Amsterdam on the Mulukkenstraat there is a Coffeeshop called :The stud
-Amazing lemon haze
-Shoreline , also one of my Favorites smokes !!
And the best thing is , every offered weed is just 10 euros maximum! No ripoff prices!

Bagheera Coffeeshop : Somari - amazing taste and smoke , the prices are OK

De boere Jonges: This shop is just amazing , they have super high quality weed and also hash , defenitly worth visiting.

So these are my favorite Shops in Amsterdam, just have a look u wont regret ! :)
These 3

mack 10

Veteran
Good on The Stud, 10euro cap is really good,
Especially for Dam, mind you that doesn't mean
They won't sell you shitty 6e weed for 10e/g.
Check it, check it and check it again...lol

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Can you pick up clones in the Dam anymore? I'm popping over in January.

mack 10

Veteran
You can barely buy seeds anymore next ever mind clones.
Without having a connect,, forget it.

cheesyman95

Yeah the stud is a really amazing shop,
they offer quality as good as every wellknown Shop in the Dam city ,
but their prices are maximum 10 euros, which is amazing in my opinion.

Next time i go to amsterdam , ill spend most of my Time in the Stud definitly.

Aren't the Seedshops in Adam still open?
I mean i saw alot of seedbank shops like sensiseeds , greenhouse-seeds and plenty more,
in my opinion its still possible to buy Seeds but no Clones , except u know some growers over there.