What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
scaramanga said:
Dubi, you wrote that they have mail(male?) cola plants under stressful conditions. Does that mean that they have a tendency to produce male flowers(nanners) under times of stress; a trait from the Yunnan perhaps? Perdon, pero no pude entender la frase.
Scaramanga.

Sorry for my typping scaramanga,

I mean 'main' cola plants and not 'mail' :smile:

Yunnan has slight hermie tendencies, especially when flowering them with light peaks or increasing flowering photoperiod. They always stay firm flowering outdoors in season, without any hermie problem.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ker2noir said:
Hello
Here are two pics from my OE clone in 2006.
Finishing 10 october (42 L) under 5 hours of full sun a day, the plant give me around 9oz. 1.4M tall
Hope that help :wave:

it's great to see you around ker2noir! :wave:

Your finished OE guerrilla style looks like a wall of buds!

scaramanga

Thanks Dubi.

I was a little surprised as in all the research I had done, I had not read of any Hermi traits. And I agree, Ker2noir's OE looks like a wall of buds; one I'd like to climb.

ker2noir

QUOTE=scaramanga]Ker2noir, excellent pics. It looks quite happy out in the forest. Thanks for the info on the finishing date, it should finish just in time for me. Did you amend the soil or just drop it straight in?

.[/QUOTE]

Yes scaramanga, free outdoor is cool. I remember that i put 40l of all mix direct in soil. Nothing special because clone has been planted mid may. So after 2 month, nature eat all.
But be carefull with moist because after 5 days of rain just before harvest, see the pic.... :badday: But it is ok for an indica, i know lot of indica half dead mid september just because the are close to a river....
And a pic from the mother under 125w cfl, to let you know what is selection...
No. just a joke. :bashhead: I recieve only one female with five seeds. Congrats more ace crew for their work.
Goodluck to you
ker2noir

ker2noir

dubi said:
it's great to see you around ker2noir! :wave:

Your finished OE guerrilla style looks like a wall of buds!

Hey dubi
Yes, big main colas
I have one female seedling i start flowering one week ago.
Same genetic, bushy and short stature. I cross my fingers.
Thanks
ker2noir

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Beautiful pictures. I am very interested in this strain - but for indoors. I'm trying to get a better sense as to whether that is ill advised though because of the slight hermie tendencies. Any thoughts. It would be under a 400 wt. Still, I'm fascinated by it.

scaramanga

Mayan you should re-read some of the earlier posts, I believe you misunderstood. The Chinese Yunnan exhibits some hermie traits, but apparently those traits are not expressed in the OE. At least thats what my research has shown and further confirmed here by Dubi.

I also plan on doing it indoors. One of the deciding factors was the flowering time, the shortest among the ACE collection I believe.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
So happy to have misunderstood. Thanks!! Perhaps its time to take a ride on the O & E.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ker2noir said:
Hey dubi
Yes, big main colas
I have one female seedling i start flowering one week ago.
Same genetic, bushy and short stature. I cross my fingers.
Thanks
ker2noir

Lovely ker2noir,

Yes, looks like the squat fast flowering and high yielding OE pheno :smile:

I think your OE mum likes real high Nitrogen doses!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
mayan said:
Beautiful pictures. I am very interested in this strain - but for indoors. I'm trying to get a better sense as to whether that is ill advised though because of the slight hermie tendencies. Any thoughts. It would be under a 400 wt. Still, I'm fascinated by it.

High mayan,

Chinese indica has slight hermie expressions, especially when grown under increasing flowering photoperiods, feeding with new era hormone fertilizers or with indoor light peaks. But if they are grown under good ambiental conditions, hermie expressions are mininal.

We tested lot of chinese parental plants to minimize hermie traits in Orient Express hybrid ( VB x China).

grandsrin

Just a small question about OE is it a true F1.

I m very interesting about it but i would like to catch a more VB than an 60% sat 40% indica hybrid.I think i can found it in the F2 generation.

I read alot of post but , but i wasn t about to find if you tought sold VB in his pure form or a back cross with OE.
:rasta:
GRANDSRIN

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
grandsrin said:
Just a small question about OE is it a true F1.

I m very interesting about it but i would like to catch a more VB than an 60% sat 40% indica hybrid.I think i can found it in the F2 generation.

I read alot of post but , but i wasn t about to find if you tought sold VB in his pure form or a back cross with OE.
:rasta:
GRANDSRIN

Yes grandsrin,

Orient Express is a true F1 hybrid (Vietnam Black x China Yunnan), it's the first outcross between 2 different landraces or inbred lines.

There was no need to inbred OE hybrid or try to find at f2 generation more sativa traits, the F1 already express the best VB traits (mainly her vigour, yield, terpene density, aroma and kind of high) with the maxium of vigour, shorter flowering time and better indoor adaptability we could find.

ker2noir

Limeygreen said:
Ker2, great to see some pics from you , always enjoy what you contribute, hope to see more of it!
Limey, some orient express pics. The two plant are (left) orient express and (right) chinese yunnan. 5 weeks of flowering . Leaves seems to be a little similar. Not same size
By rolling a orient express leaf in your hand, the smell is very strong. It is juicy and it cover the other plant smell.
I will update
Bye :wave:
ker2noir

VirginHarvester

Veteran
ker2noir's outdoor OE doesn't look like one plant but 3-4. I would love to know what he did to produce such a massive single plant. I don't see a central cola just a mass of them.

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Very nice girls bro!! healthy and strong!
Those leaves are huge and curious leaf sape
:wave:
ker2noir said:
Limey, some orient express pics. The two plant are (left) orient express and (right) chinese yunnan. 5 weeks of flowering . Leaves seems to be a little similar. Not same size
By rolling a orient express leaf in your hand, the smell is very strong. It is juicy and it cover the other plant smell.
I will update
Bye :wave:
ker2noir

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Well, I'm psyched. I have three OE seedlings going. Germed last week. I'm very intrigued by the strain and look forward to growing these. Hopefully at least one will be a female. Too cool! I won't be doing soil but I promise to treat them with lots of love and respect.

I am seeing that OE appears to be a heavy feeder. I will be using Pure Blend Pro and Liquid Karma. Anything I should be aware of? Anyhow, wish me luck (and plant wisdom). I'll keep y'all informed.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Well, I'm psyched. I have three OE seedlings going. Germed last week. I'm very intrigued by the strain and look forward to growing these. Hopefully at least one will be a female. Too cool! I won't be doing soil but I promise to treat them with lots of love and respect.

I am seeing that OE appears to be a heavy feeder. I will be using Pure Blend Pro and Liquid Karma. Anything I should be aware of? Anyhow, wish me luck (and plant wisdom). I'll keep y'all informed.

Good day mayan,

Im glad to hear you are growing Orient Express right now, yes it's a heavy feeder, especially at late vegging and for the whole flowering, feeding requirements are standard for seedlings. Are you growing her in hydro or aero?
Best wishes!

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hey dubi...how are you doing? Thanks for the tips.

I decided to try Hempy buckets this time around, so I guess it's a form of hydro. So far the seedlings are looking great! I tried to germ three Congos as well but only one popped. It's looking great too. I hope its a female!! I'm really happy to try these genetics.