What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedlings on 24hour light pre flowering WTF!

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High peeps.

Having this weird issue that i thought i would bring to your attention.

I have a small tent and in there are some seedlings approx 4 weeks old. They have been on 24 hours of light (mostly because i also have stubborn clones that were taken late last outdoor season and also wanted to flower).

The clones have (after months of stasis) finally gone into veg mode and are growing strongly.

But these seedlings have already shown their sex which is kinda cool as i have gotten rid of the males but also puzzling as i am no newbie and never had seedlings pre flower so soon ever.

Has the 24 hours of light somehow stressed them? Usually i run my seedlings 18/6.

These seeds were from my earliest flowering lady last season outdoors so is it possible i have somehow created an auto flower strain???

Any suggestions appreciated :tiphat:

blackone

Veteran
Most early (or at least what we call early in Scandinavia) stuff does show preflowers in veg indoor, and the very early triggering strains also have a tendency to flower under 24H of light if it's rootbound. What size are your pots?
It's great when you can sex in veg:) But if it does give you problems then potting up or trimming branches and roots helps rejuvenate it - or take clones and make a new mother.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a 400w CMH and about 30cm from plants. Seems super bright

The pots were the tree seedling type small, square and long. Just repotted into square 1 litre pots. These i use all the time and never had them show so early.

Cool well guess i will have to wait and see what happens. I was thinking of getting them up to size for outdoors but could just finish em inside.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
stuff does show preflowers in veg indoor, and the very early triggering strains also have a tendency to flower under 24H of light if it's rootbound. What size are your pots?

that

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks dudes. I was a bit worried they were going hermie but seems like regular male and female flowers. :)

Will make sure they get enough root space.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They were the first to flower and finish by a couple weeks last season outdoor so they early girls for sure... but perhaps its a combination of stress n genes!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I grew out SUPER LEMON HAZE. The fucking Males started flowering under 24 hours of light. The females were spindly and produced small buds that lacked any potency as far as high goes. They sucked and I still have beans. I may just throw them away.