What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
That seems right on schedule right? Some older pistols are already brown, but I see plenty of new white ones. I figure that suggests I have 3-4 weeks until she is ready to be harvested.

About a third of mine look like that. The rest are mostly brown. I'd say you're spot on.

They look nice and healthy.

About a third of mine look like that. The rest are mostly brown. I'd say you're spot on.

They look nice and healthy.

Mine as well.

Though.. no clear trichomes left at all.
I took one of the Triple Cheese on Saturday, I forget every year just how long it takes to manicure all of that bud.

I got half of it trimmed nicely and then decided I'd let the rest go shaggy. I snipped leaves with more than one blade, and the single leafs over an inch.

Look like 70's weed... but is still the same awesome stuff underneath. I'm trying it out... because trimming smashes a lot of glands, and while it smells great while trimming, I fear it does more to ruin smell and potency than just leaving the sugar leaves as a protective layer.

Hey, when it's dry, a quick strip gets those remaining leaves off and I don't care what it looks like -bag appeal only matters to buyers and I don't sell it.

I grow it for my use and that's all.

Here's to shaggy weed!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
t half of it trimmed nicely and then decided I'd let the rest go shaggy. I snipped leaves with more than one blade, and the single leafs over an inch.

Look like 70's weed... but is still the same awesome stuff underneath. I'm trying it out... because trimming smashes a lot of glands, and while it smells great while trimming, I fear it does more to ruin smell and potency than just leaving the sugar leaves as a protective layer.

Hey, when it's dry, a quick strip gets those remaining leaves off and I don't care what it looks like -bag appeal only matters to buyers and I don't sell it.

I grow it for my use and that's all.

Here's to shaggy weed!

I'm with you. I used to wet trim and cut off sugar leaves for "pretty buds".

Why would you cut off the good stuff?

Check out this thread.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356195

dufous

Last year was so dry I could walk the swamp in sneakers. The smaller of the two Satoris got mold in the main cola. The Bangi Haze remain clear of botyritis and PM.

Attachments

• 001 Satori.jpg
    001 Satori.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 002 Satori.jpg
    002 Satori.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 001 Bangi Haze.jpg
    001 Bangi Haze.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 002 Bangi Haze.jpg
    002 Bangi Haze.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 004 Bangi Haze.jpg
    004 Bangi Haze.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 17
I'm with you. I used to wet trim and cut off sugar leaves for "pretty buds".

Why would you cut off the good stuff?

Check out this thread.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356195

I mean, unless someone is doing actual commercial growing, why scrape and damage the flowers by going at it with scissors except the trim the non-frosty stuff off?

Maybe I'm getting old, but damn... who has that kind of time, anyway? I'll "trim" them on the run by breaking the outer leaves off -or not... because I like having that extra little bit of leaf in there for joints because it helps them burn more evenly.

Fuck this cold ass rain!!! This year has been the wettest season, as far back as I can remember.

Yeah dude... I couldn't seem to get warm today. I asked a friend who is planning on moving out to San Diego if the weather is like this in Sand Diego and he smirked and said, "Almost never."

We just laughed.

I frigging hate New England weather for the most part, though it has it's moments.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Fuck this cold ass rain!!! This year has been the wettest season, as far back as I can remember.

After wednesday we should have a good no rain stretch.

Water really makes those buds heavy this time of year. Had to add a couple extra stakes to hold em up.

St. Phatty

I mean, unless someone is doing actual commercial growing, why scrape and damage the flowers by going at it with scissors except the trim the non-frosty stuff off?

Maybe I'm getting old, but damn... who has that kind of time, anyway? I'll "trim" them on the run by breaking the outer leaves off -or not... because I like having that extra little bit of leaf in there for joints because it helps them burn more evenly.

That's my exact Manicuring technique !

Leave the frosty leaves on so they can snuggle with & protect the buds.

Plus lots of smokers LIKE rolling spliffs made of frosty leaves. Why spend time ripping them off the bud ?!

I used to live in Connecticut, including the Swamps. That's where my first grow attempts occurred.

I was going to ask, How about Deer ?

But I guess the animals are not dying of thirst and they have a lot of plants to pick from.

After wednesday we should have a good no rain stretch.

Water really makes those buds heavy this time of year. Had to add a couple extra stakes to hold em up.

LOL that was why I built the greenhouse frame and raised it up 3ft, leaving the side panels off.

JUST to keep the soaking rain off.

The last Triple Cheese is out in the open, but it's really sturdy.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Nice and windy today hopefully dries it out a bit, we got 3 inches of rain yesterday :noway: guessing about 2 maybe 3 weeks and cutting.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NENugger

Agree @Overgrowdaworld this rains suck.

I agree @OGnoMan hope this wind helps dry buds out.

Checked on plants this am and found two on their side. Picked back up and staked and look ok.

picture.php

Here is the Bangi Haze in the ground. Still no mold. Looks like ZeeZ and dufous are having good luck with their BH so far as well.

NENugger

Here is some more of the gang.
picture.php

Left:Queen Mother reg Middle: leaning left Mass OD Right: Bangi Haze clone.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
My Kush got Hammered too.

Woke up at 3am and heard the wind blowing and the rain pelting down. They are not happy but the buds keep getting bigger anyway.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
I've still got a couple going.
Actually brought them inside during the heavy rains but we hit about 75 degrees and sunny today so I dragged them outside. They really loved todays sun and wind.

Blue Cookies.
picture.php

LemChem.
picture.php

Glad everyone made out OK after yesterday.

The Triple Cheese are really getting pretty. The fan leaves and the tips of some sugars are turning purple.
Gonna chop this one Sunday.

Agree @Overgrowdaworld this rains suck.

I agree @OGnoMan hope this wind helps dry buds out.

Checked on plants this am and found two on their side. Picked back up and staked and look ok.

View Image

Here is the Bangi Haze in the ground. Still no mold. Looks like ZeeZ and dufous are having good luck with their BH so far as well.

I'm going to have to try that strain. It's really impressive that none of you got mold after the last three weeks.