Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
8k coco grow show Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2018, 07:38 AM #581
theroadwarrior7

theroadwarrior7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by issack View Post
Right.? Isn't that nuts.. I'm blown. Cant wait to see the final number on the whole grow.

I almost got gmo cookies sent in. But I held off because this wedding cake cut and zookies cut I got from cali just aren't doing well here in Hawaii. It's just not up to par with the cloning. I can barely get them to root. And the ones that do grow weak. Yet all my strains I've been running here clone like a beast and have vigor and strength. Idk. Just not having luck with all these cookies and cali strains.

Well we have Do Si Do coming up next. My very close friend who is a great grower says he gets a little bigger return than the pineapple we run here, (outdoors) so that being said, I am taking a shot at this Do Si Do. Its amazing smoke too. Very pungent. We'll see what the room does with this. Should be fun.

I'll be back more with weight reports.

These clones will be ready for coco next week. 125 cuts.. I pick the best 48 out of those.

View Image
Issack incredible setup you have there. And those are beautiful clones. Are those the size you cut or have they been vegging awhile in the clone machine. Any possibility of seeing some pics of your mothers? Apologize if you have posted and I missed them.
theroadwarrior7 is offline Quote

Old 08-16-2018, 01:16 PM #582
Gam

Gam is a jewel in the roughGam is a jewel in the roughGam is a jewel in the roughGam is a jewel in the roughGam is a jewel in the roughGam is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Beautiful grow sir.! Those girls look great.

You got your lamps 3 years ago. How often have you changed bulbs. ? I heard that last a couple years before you replace them
Once a year and a half, I usually use them for five or six blooms.
Gam is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:48 AM #583
issack

issack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to behold
Okay total weight on the hps side is 8 lbs 15 oz. It beat the 1000s..and it beat the thousands in all aspects too.. CMH is just a way better spectrum. It produced harder buds, denser buds. more fruity and frosty, more Terps, better appearance and a bigger yield. so that being said. after this run in there right now I will be converting all the way to CMH

I just put my rooted clones in dirt and will let them take root for a week then I will plant in 2 gallon pots and start the veg.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:54 AM #584
issack

issack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to beholdissack is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroadwarrior7 View Post
Issack incredible setup you have there. And those are beautiful clones. Are those the size you cut or have they been vegging awhile in the clone machine. Any possibility of seeing some pics of your mothers? Apologize if you have posted and I missed them.
It takes 13 days to get Roots like that in my cloner. I take branches man. I take big cuts leave about 2 or 3 nodes and it works the best for me..the bigger the branch the bigger the roots. My moms are outside. All the cuts I take whenever I plant this room are from plants outside. And right now my outside plants look like shit because it rains here every single day where I live. so basically I just grow plants get them about 2 ft tall before they start getting blight and mold and take Cuts real quick and go into the room and then I throw the plant away because I can't pull off outdoor grows here anymore in my elevation.. I live in a rainforest man, it rains here every single day no matter what.. 90% humidity. I got blight and certain problems on my plants when I try to flower them outside that you have never seen in your life and not any other grower in the world has problems with because it's that bad here LOL.. outdoors for me is done..
issack is offline Quote

Old 08-18-2018, 07:56 AM #585
issack

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:25 PM #586
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivor
Nice roots! What do you put in your cloner rez?
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote

Old 08-18-2018, 04:51 PM #587
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Quote:
It takes 13 days to get Roots like that in my cloner. I take branches man. I take big cuts leave about 2 or 3 nodes and it works the best for me..the bigger the branch the bigger the roots. My moms are outside. All the cuts I take whenever I plant this room are from plants outside. And right now my outside plants look like shit because it rains here every single day where I live. so basically I just grow plants get them about 2 ft tall before they start getting blight and mold and take Cuts real quick and go into the room and then I throw the plant away because I can't pull off outdoor grows here anymore in my elevation.. I live in a rainforest man, it rains here every single day no matter what.. 90% humidity. I got blight and certain problems on my plants when I try to flower them outside that you have never seen in your life and not any other grower in the world has problems with because it's that bad here LOL.. outdoors for me is done..

Keep on rocking, thanks for sharing bud, I thought that Hawaii was a sweet spot for outdoor grows? Is it just the micro climate your in, that's too rough on them? It would be cool if you could plant some different seeds until you found some that could handle the high humidity. Might help create a very resistant strain to pm and such.

Also I wanted to ask about the sm90 and your res water. I was dealing with the same problems as you about the same time. Some high temp issues bloomed the dreaded algae that slimes crap up and grows the brown crap on your roots that suffocates them and lets things like pythium and fusarium take over.

I changed out all my feed lines, and cleaned everything real good, replaced all my filters, and installed a uv light before ro filter. got the water temps steady around 64f. So im dialed in pretty good, and thought I noticed a foul smell in one of the res's. The only thing I noticed that had anything on it was the ph probe tips. they had the white cotton slimy starting growth on the wicks. I noticed the black mold type material sticking to the silica barrier for the ph probe wont come clean. I feel that's the last growth problem ive had to replace. So I wanted to ask how you were liking the sm90? Ive used it in the past and thought that it left an oily residue on everything that I wasn't fond of? Is that your experience? I know you mentioned you clean your res every 5 days. Are you still doing that? And is the sm90 a mess to clean up when you do the res clean? I have been using bleach to keep the res sterile, but im not real fond of that option either since it is basic, and raises ph. Plus the biggest problem with chlorine is it dissipates so fast. At least with the sm90 route, its effectiveness should last the duration of the nutrient solution. Honestly id just like to go clean, and wipe down my res's once a weak. that's what im starting with after I clean and change my probes today. Just wanted to pick your brain a little on the sm90 usage.
thanks
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

Old 08-18-2018, 05:11 PM #588
nickman

nickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud of
Wow, I’m blown away bro. Mad respect and u killed it on that last one...!!!...

nickman is offline Quote

Old 08-18-2018, 07:11 PM #589
issack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Meds View Post
Keep on rocking, thanks for sharing bud, I thought that Hawaii was a sweet spot for outdoor grows? Is it just the micro climate your in, that's too rough on them? It would be cool if you could plant some different seeds until you found some that could handle the high humidity. Might help create a very resistant strain to pm and such.

Also I wanted to ask about the sm90 and your res water. I was dealing with the same problems as you about the same time. Some high temp issues bloomed the dreaded algae that slimes crap up and grows the brown crap on your roots that suffocates them and lets things like pythium and fusarium take over.

I changed out all my feed lines, and cleaned everything real good, replaced all my filters, and installed a uv light before ro filter. got the water temps steady around 64f. So im dialed in pretty good, and thought I noticed a foul smell in one of the res's. The only thing I noticed that had anything on it was the ph probe tips. they had the white cotton slimy starting growth on the wicks. I noticed the black mold type material sticking to the silica barrier for the ph probe wont come clean. I feel that's the last growth problem ive had to replace. So I wanted to ask how you were liking the sm90? Ive used it in the past and thought that it left an oily residue on everything that I wasn't fond of? Is that your experience? I know you mentioned you clean your res every 5 days. Are you still doing that? And is the sm90 a mess to clean up when you do the res clean? I have been using bleach to keep the res sterile, but im not real fond of that option either since it is basic, and raises ph. Plus the biggest problem with chlorine is it dissipates so fast. At least with the sm90 route, its effectiveness should last the duration of the nutrient solution. Honestly id just like to go clean, and wipe down my res's once a weak. that's what im starting with after I clean and change my probes today. Just wanted to pick your brain a little on the sm90 usage.
thanks
Yes I live in a rain belt. The weather here is so weird. 10 miles down the road it hardly ever rains. I live up the mountain and it's a rain forest. Especially now. Our weather patterns have changed here big time. All my grower friends are experiencing the same things here. Only a few that live in certain areas are still doing well with outdoor. Even my tried-and-true strains that I've been growing for 7 8 years here have problems. I can get my plants up to about two or three feet during veg and have no symptoms of blight or anything and that's with spraying and paying very close attention, but once they go out to flower there's no stopping the blight and this purple stuff that comes on the new growth soptoria. So I have discontinued my outdoor grow I got another CMH lamp and I'm firing up the closet in this girl room and that's going to be my Greenhouse LOL. I wasn't getting much yield out of 30 gallon pots. There's just no sun anymore. It rains every single day and pretty much all throughout the night. Not many strains can grow in a hundred percent humidity in hardly any sunlight.

I totally get what you mean about the brown slime. When your res get stinky grimy it's kind of a factor of what kind of nutrients you're putting in. I noticed when I was using floranova the floralicious plus would make my res stink faster than normal.. then I started sm90 and that went away.

I have never noticed any kind of slime or residue left over from sm 90. I use 5 mill a gallon in every rez change. If I don't my rez gets funky faster. Even at 64 degrees. So I'm betting if you ditch the beach and start on the 5 mill a gallon you will be pleased.

Yes I clean my res every 5 days but everyday I top off. I only have a 50 Rez out outside so whatever the plants drink that night I look at the marks on the side of the rez and fill it back up with RO water and then just add whatever nutrients per gallon that I added back in...

Basically I love my res now that I use sm-90.. it's just a dream to clean and it stays nice and fresh, it's really night and day bro. I will never not use as a 90 ever.

If your temps are at 64 and you're still getting some stink you're probably adding some organic contents something really dense that likes to breed and live.? Sm-90 at 5 Mills of gallon will make your rez nice and happy.. give it a shot.
issack is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:14 PM #590
issack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Phoenix View Post
Nice roots! What do you put in your cloner rez?
Thanks man. I use

KLN root hormone
Rapid start
And 2 mill per gallon of sm90
Ph to 5.5 I also set my pump on a timer to run 15 on and 45 minutes off. This helps keep the water cool. cooler the water the way faster and better your roots are. I also clone in a AC room set at 75. These kind of cloners don't like really hot rooms your roots get slimy and dark.
issack is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.