What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best hydro ferts

T

TreehouseJ

GH is the gold standard.

If I were going to buy running shoes, I would most likely buy them from the largest most successful manufacturer. They are the ones with the money to do proper testing and research.

A lot of guys here use 1 part (maxi), 2 part (lucas), or 3 part general hydroponics. Jacks + calnit seems to be growing in popularity.

I will never stray from 3 part. Best weed I have ever seen is grown with it. I'm sure you can achieve the exact same results with other ferts, but.. I personally don't believe in fixing what isn't broken/f*cking with a miracle in progress.

gardener60

My 2 cents the majority of the Nutrients have the same thing in them. Pick one and read how to use it properly, and stick with it until you feel like it is not working for you, but exhaust all of your avenues. This is a learning process. Remember if you are cooking everyone else's recipe you are not cooking your food your cooking their food. I use GH products "Lucas Formula" and it took me some time to learn how to properly use them. Get you a Ph and Ec meter some growers say they do not need them. I do. It keeps me from chasing my own tail. Happy Growing.

I've been growing hydro for over a decade. I've tried lots of different things but always go back to Lucas. It's so simple and I've never had as good of results with anything else.

I also strongly recommend Great White and DM's Liquid Light & Saturator.

Every time I try to get more complex or add stuff, I always have worse results. In my opinion go with base nutes, root mycos, a foilar spray and a flower booster. One thing for each element of your plant. Keep it as simple as possible because when you have problems, if you have a bunch of shit going on, it's nearly impossible to fix problems.

I like Lucas a base because you can adjust it to your plants. I'll have as many as four or five strains in one room. Using Lucas allows me to adjust to what each strain wants without any hassle.

Root mycos is great because it'll clean your roots up, stimulate them and increase nute uptake. I've had dramatic results with Great White but I just switched to Xtreme Mykos because Great White is pretty expensive.

I like Liquid Light and Saturator for a foliar spray immensely. I've had incredible results with it. I'll spray the plants and then come back the next day to see they're all noticeably bigger.

I use KoolBloom as a flower booster because of how cheap it is. There's probably better stuff out there, just haven't tried many.

That's about it. I try to keep it as simple as possible. I have a couple of special tricks up my sleeve but those are my main nute game.

I'm interested in Jack's as well but haven't had the chance to play with it yet.

Last edited:

Desert Hydro

Veteran
you can ask ten people in here and get 10 different answers. my vote is for jacks hydro. its super cheap, stable in ph and gives amazing results on its own with NOTHING ELSE.

its comes as a two part powder. i premix my powders into bottles of water so its pre-dissolved and mixes instantly.

DeceiverZ

Veteran
I second Jack's hydro and Cal Nit. I've also grown with Maxibloom, Lucas, Veg+Bloom, Canna and General Organics.

Desert Hydro is doing it right.. pre-dissolve and feed by PPM/EC. The sweet spot for this two part combo is between 1.5 to 1.6 EC with Jacks being 60% and CalNit 40% of the total EC. So add a total of 480PPM of Jacks then 320PPM of CalNit to get 800PPM of feed solution (.5 scale) and you're good to go.

Hope this helps you if you do decide to try out Jacks

Desert Hydro

Veteran
I second Jack's hydro and Cal Nit. I've also grown with Maxibloom, Lucas, Veg+Bloom, Canna and General Organics.

Desert Hydro is doing it right.. pre-dissolve and feed by PPM/EC. The sweet spot for this two part combo is between 1.5 to 1.6 EC with Jacks being 60% and CalNit 40% of the total EC. So add a total of 480PPM of Jacks then 320PPM of CalNit to get 800PPM of feed solution (.5 scale) and you're good to go.

Hope this helps you if you do decide to try out Jacks

ive tried so many different ferts over the years, its crazy. i WILL NOT do anything else anymore. once i get my strains dialed i will add a booster and see if theres any difference in yield but my base will always remain the same.