What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

People who get high in legal States/Countries what do you get paranoid over?

hunt4genetics

Veteran
Every time I post this question, I get only sarcastic joke responses. But seriously

For the people in who live in Colorado or other legal states/ countries

if/when you smoke a pure sativa, do you get paranoid? If so, what ideas, topics get you paranoid?

If losing your freedom is off the table what would a pure high THC sativa get you freaked out about?

Peace.

Big Sur

Here in Oregon I do not get openly paranoid about being busted for growing or smoking any more. However, there remains a stigma attached to growing and smoking weed for me. I have been smoking the herb since 1972, and as such, I am always aware of where I am and who is around me when I get high. I will likely never lose that feeling and realize that weed is actually LEGAL! Its been over a year now and I am still paranoid about being busted... regardless of the actual laws.

I also have to remain paranoid about getting my plants ripped off, as happened many times in California and once in Southern Oregon. It is still a value crop. I also worry about getting my stash ripped off. So that aspect of paranoia remains the same.

As for generalized paranoia from smoking weed, the newer strains are far less likely to lead to paranoia.

FireIn.TheSky

Read the CO law, your freedom is still at stake if you choose to grow more that 3 mature plants and 3 immature plants without buying special licenses.

Legalization with low plant number's is for the most part complete bullshit.

Let me grow legally but give me a plant count I can have fun with.

Also a lot of the state's legalizing this year pretty much ban cultivation and will swoop in and steal outdoor crops even grown with a med card. Behind lock and key means behind lock and key.

Big Sur

Ah yes, and I forgot about the paranoia of federal laws... growing, having and smoking this stuff is still considered a felony by the Feds. So that remains a paranoia factor, regardless of state laws.

I dunno if 6 plants in CO (3 mature, and 3 immature) is better than 4 total plants of all sizes and shapes in Oregon. But I can grow a lot of weed on 4 large plants year round here.

DemonTrich

Veteran
If moms and dads that unwind with a lil Merlot, don't get their kids snatched, why do you still think it will still happen to you?

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you live under a rock, 3rd world country that doesn't have news broadcasts? Kids get taken away daily by cps for pot smoking g parents. It's the reason I spend 1500 a month to grow in a commercial bldg and not at home.

hunt4genetics

Veteran
Are you fucking kidding me? Do you live under a rock, 3rd world country that doesn't have news broadcasts? Kids get taken away daily by cps for pot smoking g parents. It's the reason I spend 1500 a month to grow in a commercial bldg and not at home.
I do live under a rock. Heard great things about Colorado, and other places, but have not heard about CPS snatching kids of people who simply walked into a rec shop and purchased weed.

I'm sure if you have a 1000 plant grow, your kids will be at stake.

The point of this thread is if people get paranoid in legal states that abide by the rules, an OZ on their person etc...

PDX Dopesmoker

Almost nothing give me the 'noids anymore, I don't have a guilty conscience. Charsi (habitual hashish users) are good & honest people. Without the risk of serious legal consequences there isn't any reason for me to slip into that mode of thinking anymore, but it still happens out of habit whenever I see some kind of uniformed government goon.
Laws & Cops cause paranoia not Mary Warner. She can make you think harder & more clearly though. If you're in a risky position you might realize it a little harder when you have some good smoke in your brain.

Green Squall

I used to get a little paranoid when I was out and had weed on me. Now that it's decriminalized it's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Legalization is on the ballot here and polls say most voters are in favor so my fingers are crossed.

DemonTrich

Veteran
Cps does not play by the rules. It's happening all over micbigan8. Kids being taken away by cps for smokers, and growers. Even legal ones.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Colorado here. I try to keep plants down to the number, but it is tough with the 50% sex ratio of regular seeds. Also I am not sure what "an enclosed locked area" means. I wonder if the backyard with the fence and locked gate counts? So far it looks like LEO is going after the very big fish that grow hundreds or thousands of plants for out of state and also the cartel grows. I also check out the various flavors of dispensary product, but it worries me what pesticides etc. are being used.

As a legal grower in the Northwest I'm mainly paranoid about methheads and break-ins. The black market is still raging out here, especially in the sticks. I live out in the woods too so no one is coming out to help me if things get gully. But once I made the decision to become a professional grower I completely cut off contact with other people and moved to an area where I don't know anyone to hopefully minimize this.

Aside from that I just try to keep my head down and follow the rules as best I can. The laws are completely absurd and the government is completely corrupt but I do the best I can. It's not bad out here with the law yet currently although that is still a concern. From talking to other growers, the cops have been friendly and at most will hit you with fines or force you to destroy plants. But that's about it unless you're involved in things other than just weed.

H

Huckster79

God i was hopin for a
Ight hearted chuckle when i opened the thread