What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

Syd

ICMag Donor
Hola Dubi,
como estas?
I' ve heard great things about Guatemala strains though they're not very known here in Europe. A dear friend of mine who 2 years ago traveled for a long time through Central America told me that Guatemala weed was more potent than a lot of more famous mexican strains he smoked.
Does Tikal is a hybrid made with all-guatemaltecas or did you use some other different sativas to hybridize it ?

Muchas gracias

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day Syd!

Guatemala have some similarities with mexican varieties. It grows very relative compact and quite bushy with thin stems.The aromas are woody and sweet, and the high is very clear and funny. The flowering time is around 12-13 weeks, not too long being of tropical origin.

We crossed the guatemela sativa with a kush/ haze line to produce Tikal hybrid. Tikal is a extremely vigorous sativa with a strong branching pattern. Tikal has thick stems and a strong robust structure thanks to the kush indica influence. The haze/kush improves the taste and aromas of pure guatemala adding more terpene density and complexity. Haze adds her elegant spicy and incense details. The fowering time is also quite short for a sativa dominant plant ( about 10-12 weeks) finishing at mid October in temperate climates of the north hemisphere.

Some Tikal pics. She was grown organically at 37ºN.

Last edited:

Syd

ICMag Donor
dubi said:
Guatemala have some similarities with mexican varieties.

I've read somewhere (probably OG or CW) that Guatemala's strains come from the bordering Yucatan

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
All the Tikal plants im showing have never recived any external feeding.

Only soil, water and sun!

A different Tikal female with taller and lankier appearance than her sisters. More related to the kush/haze structure.

The last pic is a curious leaf detail with bad eggs.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ker2noir said:
Hi
Here a pics of my tikal mother starting blooming. Very branchy and vigorous.
Will try outside.

Hello ker2noir!

Im glad to see you are also growing Tikal! It's not our most stabilized sativa from our catalogue but one of the most vigorous and highest yielder.

Your female is showing the balanced sativa/indica traits we like from the hybrid. She likes to produce dense and very long sativas colas. Please, keep us updated with news! We havent had much feedback from Tikal growers yet. dubi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
We suffered a nasty garden robbery past season, all the Tikal outoor plants i posted mounths ago were violently stolen :badday:

Fortunatly, komanche, breeder of Tikal saved the parental plants in clone form and made indoor tests and reproductions later in the winter. ;)

Seedbay has finaly fresh Tikal seeds for the outdor season! She's perfect sativa structure for outdoor growing in soil, very easy to grow, vigorous and high yielding.

We have pollinated selected Tikal females from the original hybrid ( NLHazes X Guatemala) with our 3 best guatemala males to produce the new Tikal version, it's a backcross to the father line (guatemala sativa), she's still very very vigorous and more uniform than our past Tikal offering.

Im sure all the outdoor growers are going to enjoy her! :kissass:

Here's the official description:

Tikal is a sativa hybrid with new central american genetics, originating from the jungles of Guatemala. It is a high yielding and vigorous sativa which is easy to cultivate. She finishes outdoors with well developed branches, full of sweet flowers of strawberry aroma.

Structure: Sativa ramified and equilibrated in size
Bouquet: Sweet as a strawberry chewing gum in the flowering. With woody, hazy and sour details when smoking her.
Potency: Warm experience of body and mind, without agitation or anxiety.
Flowering time: 10 weeks. 1st half of October.
Production/m2: Medium-High

ker2noir

Hi,
I didn't select this pheno for the outdoor because it didn't developp many branchs.
But the pic show a very good yielder, very resinous. At nine weeks, the first trichs become brown on the top. So i expect ten weeks.
I have two other clones outside with the pheno i will show you tomorow because they're sleeping.
Good night amigos.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High ker2noir,

there are 2 main phenos in Tikal original poly hybrid, most of the Tikal plants belong to:

A) Guatemala dominant pheno: This pheno grows with lighter leaf than the other ones, short internode distance, strong branching. She flowers producing very long colas of strawberry aroma and incense in the smoke. Flowering time is around 10-11 weeks.

B) Dutch sativa dominant pheno: This pheno grows with darker and more robust appearance. Less branching than pheno A but thicker stems. Flowers are denser, developing big sativa separated flowers but not long colas. Aroma is denser, not so sweet like pheno A. Flowering time around 11-12 weeks. The first plant you are posting belongs to this pheno B.

C) Long flowering haze dominant pheno: A rare exceptional haze pheno, finishing with purple colours and incense aroma (purple haze influence mixed with purple colours from guatemala sativa). Old school american sativa smoke. Excellent quality. Flowering time 14 weeks. I think your 2nd plant for outdoor growing belongs to this pheno but not completly sure till the end of flowering.

We are going to love your next outdoor updates, always a pleasure ker2noir! dubi

ker2noir

dubi said:
High ker2noir,

there are 2 main phenos in Tikal original poly hybrid, most of the Tikal plants belong to:

A) Guatemala dominant pheno: This pheno grows with lighter leaf than the other ones, short internode distance, strong branching. She flowers producing very long colas of strawberry aroma and incense in the smoke. Flowering time is around 10-11 weeks.

B) Dutch sativa dominant pheno: This pheno grows with darker and more robust appearance. Less branching than pheno A but thicker stems. Flowers are denser, developing big sativa separated flowers but not long colas. Aroma is denser, not so sweet like pheno A. Flowering time around 11-12 weeks. The first plant you are posting belongs to this pheno B.

C) Long flowering haze dominant pheno: A rare exceptional haze pheno, finishing with purple colours and incense aroma (purple haze influence mixed with purple colours from guatemala sativa). Old school american sativa smoke. Excellent quality. Flowering time 14 weeks. I think your 2nd plant for outdoor growing belongs to this pheno but not completly sure till the end of flowering.

We are going to love your next outdoor updates, always a pleasure ker2noir! dubi

Hey dubi,
Thanks very much to explain me better the different Phenos. Always a pleasure to read your grower accurate knowledge. I hesitate a long time before trying your genetics because i thought that i can't finish the bloom outside south of france. Last year i was succesfull with the orient express and the banghi haze. But for those who hesitate, different phenos could be found.

"Long flowering haze dominant pheno" : o yes!!!!! at seven weeks, i thought that it's too early to flush because the plant is not mature. That's cool, i will wait...... Maybe a guatemala pheno.... Or haze pheno....Thanks again to you and your breeder team.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice, ker2noir! You are an asset to ACE seeds, better advertising can't be bought! Well done, my friend, I'm just a little jealous over all the strains you've grown out. Hope you keep up these reports! "Long flowering haze dominant pheno", yeah, baby! :D

ker2noir

Highlighter said:
Very nice, ker2noir! You are an asset to ACE seeds, better advertising can't be bought! Well done, my friend, I'm just a little jealous over all the strains you've grown out. Hope you keep up these reports! "Long flowering haze dominant pheno", yeah, baby! :D

Hi highlighter,
It's me who is jealous when i read your african outdoorgrow :)
I don't know for the haze dominant pheno but as you can see, at 9 w, it's really not done....

Latest posts

Latest posts