Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Organic LA Confidential Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2015, 11:15 PM #11
iQlusion

iQlusion will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdEye View Post
nice looking plants iQlusion. Very stocky. Have you thought of running them at 16/8 or 18/6 by any chance? You might see increased vegetative growth.
Does the dark period really increase growth? I might try it out. I'll have to get my heater dialed in, temperature gets pretty low with the lights off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiloz View Post
Looking good man!

Are you going to put a net over those later? Will be following
I do not have any plans for a net. I prefer to have plants that are a little easier to move around and manage.
iQlusion is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2015, 11:21 PM #12
D. B. Doober
Bong User

D. B. Doober has much to be proud ofD. B. Doober has much to be proud ofD. B. Doober has much to be proud ofD. B. Doober has much to be proud ofD. B. Doober has much to be proud ofD. B. Doober has much to be proud ofD. B. Doober has much to be proud ofD. B. Doober has much to be proud ofD. B. Doober has much to be proud ofD. B. Doober has much to be proud ofD. B. Doober has much to be proud of
Looking forward to seeing them in flower!

Old 02-02-2015, 11:26 PM #13
3rdEye
Alchemical Botanist

3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by iQlusion View Post
Does the dark period really increase growth? I might try it out. I'll have to get my heater dialed in, temperature gets pretty low with the lights off.

I do not have any plans for a net. I prefer to have plants that are a little easier to move around and manage.

I do believe that having a dark period is very important for plant health. There are a number of different biochemical processes that occur either only in the dark or are greatly increased in the dark. Think about how the plant lives in its' natural state.

Keeping temperatures up is very important. I have gone too low before and nobody likes it.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:37 PM #14
kro-magnon

kro-magnon has a spectacular aura aboutkro-magnon has a spectacular aura aboutkro-magnon has a spectacular aura aboutkro-magnon has a spectacular aura aboutkro-magnon has a spectacular aura about
Why top them so much? you'd have nice plants to flower now.
I've made LA Confidential with a similar set-up, I vegged them 5 weeks with 600w and started 12/12 with a small bush with 8 solid side-branches giving a pretty harvest
kro-magnon is offline Quote

Old 02-03-2015, 05:23 PM #15
iQlusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kro-magnon View Post
Why top them so much? you'd have nice plants to flower now.
I am just trying to increase the yield and number of tops. I have 52in from the base of the plants to my light and I am hoping to get a final height of about 3 feet. So my plans was to veg them out till there at least 18in in height. Based on what I am seeing so far I wouldn't recommend topping this strain so close to a previously topped site. Due to how slow the veg is, the topped areas are taking awhile to recover. The side branches are growing faster and have covered the topped area. So I thinned out the plants out by removing the fan leaves that were covering the center. We will see if this helps and if the center tops will surpass the side ones again.

Also per 3rdEye's recommendation I have switched the light cycle from 24 hour to 18/6 hour schedule. Hopefully this will help, but it won't be very scientific because I did not measure the growth while it was under the previous schedule. Lastly, I turned on the heater I have in the center of the tent. It is connected to a sensor that has the temperature set to 75°F when the lights are on and 65°F when off. Also the heater itself has settings, which I set to about the middle of the medium setting.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:10 PM #16
FlaDankster

FlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of light
LA will do better with bendin and tieing down verses topping.Growth won't slow down as much like it does with topping.Spread them to get good coverage utilizing all your space and light in your tent.A longer veg is needed with the LA to really get that yield out of her.

Get them to a decent size as she won't get a whole lot bigger in flower.

She handles a good amount of food which is good as i have seen quite a bit that subs super soil can be on the hot side.

LA was my first plant.ran her for close to 3 yrs.Good stuff.

But, I think I'd rather just kick the bucket than turn into a vegetarian
FlaDankster is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:10 PM #17
3rdEye
Alchemical Botanist

3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light3rdEye is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by iQlusion View Post
I am just trying to increase the yield and number of tops. I have 52in from the base of the plants to my light and I am hoping to get a final height of about 3 feet. So my plans was to veg them out till there at least 18in in height. Based on what I am seeing so far I wouldn't recommend topping this strain so close to a previously topped site. Due to how slow the veg is, the topped areas are taking awhile to recover. The side branches are growing faster and have covered the topped area. So I thinned out the plants out by removing the fan leaves that were covering the center. We will see if this helps and if the center tops will surpass the side ones again.

Also per 3rdEye's recommendation I have switched the light cycle from 24 hour to 18/6 hour schedule. Hopefully this will help, but it won't be very scientific because I did not measure the growth while it was under the previous schedule. Lastly, I turned on the heater I have in the center of the tent. It is connected to a sensor that has the temperature set to 75°F when the lights are on and 65°F when off. Also the heater itself has settings, which I set to about the middle of the medium setting.
That's a good temperature range. When i have let temperatures drop below 60 F everything slows waaaaay down. You could also use a heating pad to provide bottom heat directly to the root zone which i have had success with.

I do think you will see just as good, if not better, overall plant health as well as significant energy savings by running 18/6 days versus 24 hrs. I run a modified "gas lamp" light schedule in the summer for my vegetative plants for heat and energy reasons. Even my long day lengths do not exceed 15-16 hrs and i run my flowering room at 11/13 on/off now and i am very pleased with those results as well.

good luck. I'll be back

Old 02-10-2015, 03:39 AM #18
iQlusion

The plants are on their 6th week of vegetative growth now. With the tallest plant being about 1 foot in heights. Also, I have continued to remove all the big fan leaves that are blocking light from reaching the middle tops. The smallest and tallest plants have responded the best to this with the middle tops almost reaching the same height of the side branches. Hopefully the other two plants will catch up.

I believe that I may have at least two distinctive phenotypes. The tallest plant has quite a larger internode spacing then the rest and the smallest has extremely small spacing. We will see if anymore differing traits show up during flower. I think I will flip them over in about 2 weeks, depending on their size.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:58 PM #19
3rdEye
Alchemical Botanist

Cute kitty kat. I have seen my cats go after the plants i like the most. They know. Looking very nice in there.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:06 PM #20
Kiloz

Kiloz has a spectacular aura aboutKiloz has a spectacular aura aboutKiloz has a spectacular aura aboutKiloz has a spectacular aura about
looking very healthy, nice!!

i should get a cat..

Kiloz Adventures
Kiloz is offline Quote