What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

End of the Rainbow, The Leprechaun's Pot O Gold

Riddleme

a few pics of the fermentation chamber I made, it has ceramic lizard heaters in the bottom controlled by a digital thermostat, there are fans mounted on the top that draw air from 2 holes in the bottom and I have a rheostat that controls fan speed, the doors seal and the fans create a vacuum that will suck the doors shut lol think of it as a giant jar that burps itself :)

Attachments

• T_IMAG0475.JPG
    T_IMAG0475.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0552.jpg
    IMAG0552.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 22
  • T_IMAG0473.JPG
    T_IMAG0473.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 25

Riddleme

Here is a pic of several plants Brown Bushin (vine ripening) I let em just sit there for 2 months till they turn brown, smoke is very smooth and tasty. I actually discovered this by accident years ago when I harvested the tops of a plant and set the bottom aside, was just gonna let it dry and make hash oil with it, was in no hurry so yeah it sat there for a few months and that oil was awesome so I did it on purpose the next time lol

Attachments

• S_SAM_2531.jpg
    S_SAM_2531.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 28

Riddleme

a few shots of the brown bushin cola's

Attachments

• S_SAM_2508.jpg
    S_SAM_2508.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 28
  • S_SAM_2511.jpg
    S_SAM_2511.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 26
  • S_SAM_2513.jpg
    S_SAM_2513.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 28

Riddleme

Well that brings us up to date with a bit of history, I normally update on Saturday mornings and look forward to sharing. This grow is a go :)

JACKBAYBEH

Would be interesting to hear your comments and some history on that Durban you hold.
I've never had the pleasure of toking a real quality Durban. I've been back on the hunt here lately. My research indicates that most of the offerings in bean form that are available from vendors today are seriously lacking. I want the quality Durban Poison that was around late 80's to mid 90's.

Riddleme

Would be interesting to hear your comments and some history on that Durban you hold.
I've never had the pleasure of toking a real quality Durban. I've been back on the hunt here lately. My research indicates that most of the offerings in bean form that are available from vendors today are seriously lacking. I want the quality Durban Poison that was around late 80's to mid 90's.

It is supposed to be the one that has been floatin around Colorado since the early 90's or so I was told. I was gifted 2 clones from a guy who knew a guy kinda thing and it does have the look and smell of a good Durban. I just chopped her this morning so we'll see how good she smokes in a few weeks?

I have no plans of keepin her, now that I have bred her I'll be moving on, I have crossed her to 4 different strains (all mine) it is how I mix in the genetics to my program. I'll pop the new beans, see what I get and move forward from there. I try and stay with one new strain at a time but twice I have gone big so to speak with multiple strains (this grow is my 2nd time doing this) I still have 10 strains from the 1st time I have never grown (but others have) Some of this grow is about back crossing for stability, breedin takes forever but is a lot of fun and I enjoy it

I'm thinkin I'll add the Komaoni land race in next :)

Riddleme

I'm subbed for sure Rid!
Looking good man!:biggrin:
Welcome RMM

The 1st Durban has been chopped and the garden has been re-arranged

All the boys have had there way with the girls and have been culled

gonna be over 50 new strains come outta this little grow

Attachments

• S_SAM_2731.jpg
    S_SAM_2731.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 21
  • S_SAM_2733.jpg
    S_SAM_2733.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 20

Riddleme

The midday depression experiment is a success, the 1/2 hour of dark in the middle of flower is killin it, with what I am seein thus far I am totally gonna keep this goin. The little Amethyst bud I highlighted in Sat's update has doubled in size in just 3 days

1st pic from Sat, 2nd pic this morning

Attachments

• S_SAM_2728.jpg
    S_SAM_2728.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 24
  • S_SAM_2755.jpg
    S_SAM_2755.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 22

Riddleme

Comparing the 2 close ups 1st from Sat, 2nd this morning

Attachments

• amwk3a.jpg
    amwk3a.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 21
  • amwk4a.jpg
    amwk4a.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 19

Riddleme

and actually for mid week 4 all the buds are doing good and the plants are workin on strong cola's

Attachments

• S_SAM_2751.jpg
    S_SAM_2751.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 23

Riddleme

First time ever this Thunder Express has been grown, I am keepin an eye on her and very happy with what I'm seein for it being middle of week 4 she is a beast :woohoo:

Attachments

• S_SAM_2757.jpg
    S_SAM_2757.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 21
  • S_SAM_2747.jpg
    S_SAM_2747.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 19
  • tewk4a.jpg
    tewk4a.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 20
  • tewk4b.jpg
    tewk4b.jpg