What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

End of the Rainbow, The Leprechaun's Pot O Gold

Riddleme

Hey RM3 I can't find the Aquagold Finisher? Also Do switch from Citrus feEd to the Aquagold when you switch from veg to flower or do you use both? Thanks

Yeppers I use both sometimes alone, sometimes mixed depending on what they look like. It is not yet available in stores and when I got mine it only came in 25 lb bags with shipping it was like $42. The surprise is they mixed this formula for us (MJ growers) you can email Krystal Snyder at ksnyder@jrpeters.com she is totally cool and knows what I am growing (might've helped that I was in Colorado?)

Alpha Phase

I know you grow in soils but I've been looking at the Jack's hydroponics, do you think it has a good ratio for the plants? I grow hydroponically, but I am terrible with nutrient numbers. It's a lot cheaper than what I use now but I have no experience with jack's but it looks like you love the stuff so maybe you would have some info?

Riddleme

I know you grow in soils but I've been looking at the Jack's hydroponics, do you think it has a good ratio for the plants? I grow hydroponically, but I am terrible with nutrient numbers. It's a lot cheaper than what I use now but I have no experience with jack's but it looks like you love the stuff so maybe you would have some info?

Have a friend that uses it, it is a 2 part thing and I don't like part things lol. If I was goin hydro I would use DynaGro Foliage Pro

Alpha Phase

Oh dang, that's a bummer! I was hoping it's a single part :( I use a 1 part now and love the simplicity of it. I love dyna but haven't used the FP yet, was thinking about giving it a shot but I don't think there's any sulfur in it and I think i'd have to add silica & sulfur and it could become a 3 or 4 part pretty quickly :/ The formula is looks much better than the original though and I had great success with the regular dyna gro. It's so cheap too, decisions..decisions..hmm

Alpha Phase

Ahhh, I see it now, it say's should be used with their calcium nitrate. Do you think the FP contains better nute levels by itself than the 2 part of jacks hydroponics?

Riddleme

Ahhh, I see it now, it say's should be used with their calcium nitrate. Do you think the FP contains better nute levels by itself than the 2 part of jacks hydroponics?
DynaGro is the first truly complete hydro nute designed for NASA to grow plants in space. I love Jack's but if I was to go hydro I would be usin DynaGro FP all the way thru

Alpha Phase

Right on riddle, if the FP is better than the regular dyna gro then i'm in for the next run :) Dyna has always done me well, if i recall it vegged such hardy plants using just the regular gro, i'll pick some FP up for next run for sure

Riddleme

Happy New Year Everyone !!!

No better way to ring it in than seeing early amber in week 4 :biggrin:

Attachments

• ctfweek4a.jpg
    ctfweek4a.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 12

Riddleme

Some week 4 CTF bud shots ,,,

Attachments

• T_SAM_3502.JPG
    T_SAM_3502.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 8
  • T_SAM_3507.JPG
    T_SAM_3507.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 8
  • T_SAM_3508.JPG
    T_SAM_3508.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 12

Riddleme

And the beans I put down are poppin, another nice way to start 2015 :dance013:

Attachments

• T_SAM_3492.JPG
    T_SAM_3492.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 11

Riddleme

Good Morning Everyone !!!

This mornings update is short and sweet, got a lot goin on today :biggrin:

I should have a final harvest tally pic tomorrow

The Zamal & Oaxacan beans are bein a bitch so I started a new experiment. Put several in a seed soak, so far they are floaters so I cracked one open and put the little embryo in the soak and it opened up :woohoo:

Now just need to see if it actually grows ?

Attachments

• T_SAM_3523.JPG
    T_SAM_3523.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 7
  • embryo.jpg
    embryo.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 9

ThaiBliss

Veteran
These days, it is the true mark of the Cannabis connoisseur to show his harvest as the seeds. Well done my friend.
:ying::biggrin:

:tiphat:

Rocketman64

Just read the entire thread and frankly, I don't know where to start.
First off: Thank God there's still people around these forums that remember the Sativa highs from the 70's, I was beginning to think I was the only one. It's so hard to describe to the up-and-coming generation of growers/smokers what the true Sativa high is like because there's rarely anything available today to compare to.
I have so many fond memories of those days smoking with friends, laughing at stupid shit for hours, enjoying the saturation of lights and colors, cottonmouth and munchies. I can't ever remember one of our parties ending with everyone on the couch complaining about not being able to move.
It seems today's strains are a very confusing high for me. I don't care for this muddy, foggy, energy-sapping high I get from most of the hybrids I've tried lately. I just can't seem to find anything grown commercially that mimics what the Columbian and Acapulco Gold was like.
Riddle, you and I could be brothers from another mother in the way you grow and the strains you like. It seems we are on the same page with not getting too crazy with snake oils and strict nutrient regimens. Don't know if you grew weed when you were younger like we did but it sure has changed, some for the good but sadly, in my view, most for worse. Our idea of 'growing weed' was to toss a handful of seeds in the farmer's field around April and come back in the mid-summer to tie them down so they couldn't be seen. If we were lucky, we could snag em up before the farmer harvested the soy beans or corn. Sometimes we had awesomeness and sometimes we had dick.
One thing we never did was talk about it, photograph it or even elude to it during conversations. It was our secret and that's the way it was and definitely had to be.
Hat's off to ya with your methods and willingness to try shit just for the hell of it. Please, don't ever stop breeding the Landrace Sats, I'm on my knees begging you!! Let's bring these plants back so this newer generation can understand where the hype for this plant started. Eventually, with breeders such as yourself we can turn the demand for pure Sativas into something the rest of the breeders can't ignore.
Really sorry for the long post but man, you got me fired up!

Here's a shot of a Cindy 99 I'm growing in it's 7th week of flower. This will be the first plant even remotely resembling 'pure' Sativa I've grown since I started back up a couple years ago. We'll see if she impresses me or not. She has some BIG shoes to fill!

Riddleme

Thank You and welcome to the thread. I have been workin on this for many years and it is finally comin to fruition. I read those crap stories on the web about this isn't your Fathers weed and I was like, You got that right ! Now as my CTF is gettin harvested around the world and the smoke reports are comin in there will soon be many in the new generation that get it and I am lovin every minute of it

You'll like the C99 if it is the real deal, That is another new problem, as it is gettin to a point with so many new flavs of the month comin out that it's hard to be sure wtf you're gettin. So yeah IMO very important that as many of us than can, do keep the old strains alive. My friend is currently workin a Panama Red, so I'll be gettin a cut of that soon as well