What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is cannabis licensing corrupt already?

shaggyballs

Veteran
But Jhhnn you are guilty of a similar violation.... action not becoming of a ICMAG member..LOL
What ya say we all play nice.....Yea!......cool!
shag

Jhhnn

Veteran
But Jhhnn you are guilty of a similar violation.... action not becoming of a ICMAG member..LOL
What ya say we all play nice.....Yea!......cool!
shag

While we may disagree, neither of us could possibly sink to the butwang level of trollery. Rude & dishonest as your above remarks may be, they're not even close.

He made scurrilous accusations of narking about a prominent member. He then re-asserted them when called on it by the mods, deliberately & repeatedly provoked them in a conversation now deleted.

I just happened to catch it going by. I hope I haven't violated any sort of code in relating that to you. If I have, I apologize in advance.

NEGT1

Ugh, how else would a state like NY have passed any sort of medical bill...? State medical marijuana without federal legislation is a cesspool for political gain and corruption...That's exactly what is going on right now...It gets worse before it gets better.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Ugh, how else would a state like NY have passed any sort of medical bill...? State medical marijuana without federal legislation is a cesspool for political gain and corruption...That's exactly what is going on right now...It gets worse before it gets better.

Depending on where you live, that may well be true. Lots of big money fast buck artists working on just that, I'm sure. Florida MMJ would be a prime target, given Rick Scott & cronies' history.

I see it all as interim bullshit, pushing back state legalization timeline if possible to create short term weasel opportunities & achieve positional advantage.

Hell, the marijuana business has attracted dreamers, schemers, thieves & charlatans for over 40 years. I can't imagine why anybody would think this would be different.

RoadRash

I think it is possible to see $100 oz.'s of top shelf if it growing in every yard across the USA. (still dreaming here right)

It uses less water. Just a few big beautiful marijuana plants in the front yard.

Versus that big humongous golf fairway type lawn.

Maybe Cannabis Cultivation can be promoted as a water-saving measure/ land-scaping technique. :dance013:

Jhhnn

Veteran
I think it is possible to see $100 oz.'s of top shelf if it growing in every yard across the USA.

$100 *kilos* is more like it, if that.

There ain't shit fer money in growing totally legal & unregulated marijuana. Well, other than actual agricultural scale operations & the guys selling the seeds, clones & seedlings at the garden center every spring. Indoor growing would be preposterous, a complete waste of money.

shaggyballs

Veteran
While we may disagree, neither of us could possibly sink to the butwang level of trollery. Rude & dishonest as your above remarks may be, they're not even close.

He made scurrilous accusations of narking about a prominent member. He then re-asserted them when called on it by the mods, deliberately & repeatedly provoked them in a conversation now deleted.

I just happened to catch it going by. I hope I haven't violated any sort of code in relating that to you. If I have, I apologize in advance.

NAW...I have thick skin!(construction worker)
You and I are cool you dish a little.....but take it as well.

shag

monsoon

$100 *kilos* is more like it, if that.

There ain't shit fer money in growing totally legal & unregulated marijuana. Well, other than actual agricultural scale operations & the guys selling the seeds, clones & seedlings at the garden center every spring. Indoor growing would be preposterous, a complete waste of money.

I would argue that BUYING pot is the complete waste of money.
It takes me about $200 in electricity per month to run 3K of hps and from that expense I can produce far more than $200 worth of smoke. $200 spent in a retail shop (less than 1/2 z including taxes)...I'd be back next week for more. Um...no thanks. been there, done that...all through the 70's-80's...

But yeah...the profit side has taken a hit. Thing is, other than the above electric bills and nutes/etc....I haven't bought pot for over 25 years. Some of these folks will spend their 401K's in those shops on expensive/overpriced weed. A novelty here...like Amsterdam was....but certainly not the only way to fly.

My indoor will stay. Doing outdoor for the first time this year though to test the water on a new chunk of property we bought last Summer we are gonna retire on. (and grow lots of bushes on in the future). Secluded...private...etc. Hopefully they will finish without incident. (bugs or rippers)

And LOL...seeds and clones sold? They wanna sel lyou POT FOR LOTS OF MONEY....gonna guess...like the med side...that they will figure out QUICK that if they sell clones they won't see those folks back in store buying their $500 bags. and the clone availability will dry up as it did on the med side ...so think again if you think yer gonna walk in and step out all set up with top noth genetics/etc. (or any genetics without RA's, mites/PM as well)

Idealistic...but not realistic, IMO. This is a BUSINESS, not a party anymore.

shaggyballs

Veteran
It takes me about $200 in electricity per month to run 3K of hps and from that expense I can produce far more than $200 worth of smoke. $200 spent in a retail shop (less than 1/2 z including taxes)...I'd be back next week for more. Um...no thanks. been there, done that...all through the 70's-80's...

But yeah...the profit side has taken a hit. Thing is, other than the above electric bills and nutes/etc....I haven't bought pot for over 25 years. Some of these folks will spend their 401K's in those shops on expensive/overpriced weed. A novelty here...like Amsterdam was....but certainly not the only way to fly.

My indoor will stay. Doing outdoor for the first time this year though to test the water on a new chunk of property we bought last Summer we are gonna retire on. (and grow lots of bushes on in the future). Secluded...private...etc. Hopefully they will finish without incident. (bugs or rippers)

And LOL...seeds and clones sold? They wanna sel lyou POT FOR LOTS OF MONEY....gonna guess...like the med side...that they will figure out QUICK that if they sell clones they won't see those folks back in store buying their $500 bags. and the clone availability will dry up as it did on the med side ...so think again if you think yer gonna walk in and step out all set up with top noth genetics/etc. (or any genetics without RA's, mites/PM as well)

So we do agree legalization all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$
Anyway they can get it.

Dispensaries here sell clones, and it is not even legal!

Like you stated why let you grow when they can make you buy it from them at the price they set.

Unless you buy black market....if so then what is the point of legalization??

Can I buy from this guy he looks honest....and would never poison your weed to increase yield/profit!
This guy is labeled as the cannabis guru and has mad tons of cash already....and will be running a lot of dispensaries all over the USA/

628x471.jpg

In 2014 Mann was convicted of five felony counts of defrauding the City of Oakland by stealing redevelopment funds sourced from California taxpayers. He was sentenced to five years' probation :biggrin:

He is now in charge of one of the biggest cannabis companies on the west coast.

Get it from him now!

Is cannabis licensing corrupt already? :biggrin:

HMM.....

monsoon

The Gov't and a certain >privileged< faction of our population wants to make the same money many pot growers have been making for decades.

So yes, it is about the $$$ for the business folks getting into all of this en masse' and LICENSING, just as it is ALL about the $$$ for many growers here who have a "love" for this plant (love = money in this instance). LOL.

Corrupt or not...(and it is) the train has already left the station....and without a doubt folks here had better have other skills to fall back on for the future >other< than merely growing/selling pot or they are gonna get a HUGE wake up call like never before.

shaggyballs

Veteran
The Gov't and a certain >privileged< faction of our population wants to make the same money many pot growers have been making for decades.

So yes, it is about the $$$ for the business folks getting into all of this en masse' and LICENSING, just as it is ALL about the $$$ for many growers here who have a "love" for this plant (love = money in this instance). LOL.

Corrupt or not...(and it is) the train has already left the station....and without a doubt folks here had better have other skills to fall back on for the future >other< than merely growing/selling pot or they are gonna get a HUGE wake up call like never before.

Hey, a new mile stone..YAAAA:woohoo:!

I agree 100%:tiphat:
shag

monsoon

I've never said otherwise is what's so funny.

folks need to see that the business side is something they weren't included in/will not be included in unless they have business-sized financial backing and a strict business sense.

It's a tough pill to swallow...but folks had better choke it down and move on and make THEIR OWN PLAN or they are gonna get ass-fucked by the corporations in the future.

to put it bluntly, corrupt or not, big business is moving fast while all of us are sitting here typing....

Jbomber79

Veteran
Lol anytime money is involved corruption is sure to follow... as I sit here typing...my future in marijuana sales is coming to an end?

monsoon

Nope...you'll still be able to do the same work as you do now, you'll just make about 1/3 what you do now doing it.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I've never said otherwise is what's so funny.

folks need to see that the business side is something they weren't included in/will not be included in unless they have business-sized financial backing and a strict business sense.

It's a tough pill to swallow...but folks had better choke it down and move on and make THEIR OWN PLAN or they are gonna get ass-fucked by the corporations in the future.

to put it bluntly, corrupt or not, big business is moving fast while all of us are sitting here typing....

Again I agree 100%

I was not really laughing.....I was happy:woohoo:
I get silly when i am happy!

I was just very surprised to see us finding common ground.
No offense..please!

It feels good to post I agree for a change, which is nothing personal with anyone here!

shag

Jhhnn

Veteran

I was commenting on the "pot as legal as tomatoes" scenario, not legalization as it stands. If pot were as legal as tomatoes, it'd behave the same way as tomatoes in the marketplace.

Buying it would be cheaper than growing it indoors, at any quality level. And it'd always be available.

You're right that it'll be tough keeping the money in it even at CO legalization levels. I figure they have to let some of it out to get bottom line retail weed prices below current med prices. I see it as inevitable. eed prices would need to be extremely low to force out well capitalized ventures who figure out what they're doing.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I was commenting on the "pot as legal as tomatoes" scenario, not legalization as it stands. If pot were as legal as tomatoes, it'd behave the same way as tomatoes in the marketplace.

Buying it would be cheaper than growing it indoors, at any quality level. And it'd always be available.
But foolish people still grow tomatoes....I wonder why?

You're right that it'll be tough keeping the money in it even at CO legalization levels. I figure they have to let some of it out to get bottom line retail weed prices below current med prices. I see it as inevitable. eed prices would need to be extremely low to force out well capitalized ventures who figure out what they're doing.

I don't care what BUDTANG said:
The world greatest weed is in my house right now and I better set it down!
I think I am beginning to hallucinate.....LOL .

On a serious note:
Jhhnn
I agree 100%

I like hallucinating...Back to it then!:biggrin:
:smoke out:

Shag

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Former congressman Bill Delahunt looks to open three medical marijuana centers

Delahunt also is supposed to receive a $250,000 annual salary as chief executive of the marijuana company, according to the applications.
More money
In its license applications, Delahunt’s dispensary company, Medical Marijuana of Massachusetts, projected it would earn revenue of roughly $49 million in the first three years from the dispensaries in Plymouth, Mashpee, and Taunton, meaning the management company would get at least $24 million.

Delahunt is listed as one of six managers of Triple M Management Co. LLC,
On his application that suggested it had support from state Senate President Therese Murray.(he did not)
A number of license applicants have already been weeded out by the DPH’s stiff regulations, which include a requirement that applicants show they have access to at least $500,000 in cash.
His competition? include three in Brockton and a rival one in the town of Plymouth.

He says those involved in his group include retired state police lieutenant Joe Flaherty.

His team was approved for 3 of the 20 provisional licenses the state Department of Public Health announced in January, leading to questions about whether Delahunt’s political influence had driven the decisions. The DPH commissioner had, in the past, held fund-raisers for Delahunt; she rescued herself from decision making at the 11th hour.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...vate-sector/1vRahPgpjUe33ZE04zvyDO/story.html

Some of his applications were rejected!
Reasons for rejection ranged from questionable corporate structures that appeared to divert revenues from the non-profit dispensaries to for-profit affiliates.
A letter from van Unen said that Brighton’s application for a Fairhaven dispensary indicated that a for-profit management company, comprising Brighton’s top executives, would be paid “20% of the non-profit’s gross revenues; a 30% upcharge on employee salaries; lease payments under a sublease that doubled the rent charge; and repayments under a promissory note that almost doubled the interest rate.”
These companies can reapply next year.

Man what is with all the ex-state cops wanting in on cannabis all of a sudden!

A congressman guilty of diverting revenues from the non-profit dispensaries to for-profit affiliates.
I wonder if that is the only dirty politician?

Time to put it down!
I think I am hallucinating again!

shag

Last edited: