What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

elchischas

Veteran
Hi friends!!

hey Marihuanamat how are you?
excelents plants have you there : Tiphat: it is true what you say
the Michoacan have some indica
or so it seems
I know them well
and are well related to
jalisco varieties, some plants
had up to 15 fingered leaves!
really beautiful
cheers

hey el rubio how are you, thanks for stopping here
wish your grow up
Mexican varieties more often
you have good hand ...
regards

photos of verde limon michoacan

verdelbudg.jpg
[/IMG]

verdelibud.jpg
[/IMG]

so jeaulos...i want some those seeds...ive bought so many kilos from all over mexico, been to a couple of ranches, and gifted some great seeds but nothing like these pure thin leafed gorgeous sativas posted here... i need to look harder....im in nayarit very close to jalisco.....and all i see if watered down new world genetics....

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the early '90's I bought some weed from some kid after getting off the bus in a small oceanfront town near Puerto Vallarta; he made me sample it before buying it and I have to say that I could barely make it back around the block to my group.

That night we smoked and partied on the ocean front patio of our small motel, not knowing what trouble lurked near by.

That morning we went out on the patio and noticed 4 well armed Mexican soldiers sitting behind sandbags with their machine guns not more than 10 feet from the table that we had sat at the night before; they just smiled at us. Some of the guys in our group nearly shit themselves...

On a side note the women of Jalisco tend to be HOT.

R.Fortune

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Elchischas,

Nice work! Was this one grown indoors?

Not sure if you have already mentioned this , but can you describe the smells during and after cut?

Have you cured this one? I know that these require a longer cure, like 1 month or more.

What does it smoke like?

Also, I believe this is what Charlie used in his Mextiza.

Thanks again for sharing!

R.Fortune

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I lived 5 miles from TJ Mexico in USA that's all I ever smoked for 15 yrs was Mexican brick I never got a bad bag of pot that was over 30+ years ago. I'm glad to see this thread.
Good Luck

:thank you: Back in the 70's I always got decent to very good pot, and that was just commersh. It was not killer, but at $15 a oz.:dance013: yeyeaa During the 80's I got the exact same mersh but without seeds and shake for $80 an oz.

ElPiloto

I used to go to Tepic to buy very high quality pot grown in Nayarit from seeds from pot grown by the Huichol indians.

A friend is going to Tepic to obtain some pure Mexican sativa seeds sometime this Winter.

I used to buy from a man that owned a fabric shop in Tepic. That was in the 1970s. He was very close friends with the Huichol indians that live in the mountains in Nayarit.

In my opinion, pure Mexican sativa is the best high there is.

ijim

That looks like an outdoor plant that was brought inside.
Nice though!

All Landrace verities are outdoor plants. These are the same that because of the long flowering period were brought indoors in the 60s and 70s and are the base genetics that brought us Northern Lights, Hash Plant, Hazes and Skunk from the Mad Hippies in California.

ijim

It is nice to see that there are some old genetics still around. Those flowers look a bit more compact than the 60s and early 70s genetics. In the 70s growers had to start crossing and replacing them with faster finishing plants to reduce the time for US surveillance to find them and spray them with poisonous Paraquat.

I used to go to Tepic to buy very high quality pot grown in Nayarit from seeds from pot grown by the Huichol indians.

A friend is going to Tepic to obtain some pure Mexican sativa seeds sometime this Winter.

I used to buy from a man that owned a fabric shop in Tepic. That was in the 1970s. He was very close friends with the Huichol indians that live in the mountains in Nayarit.

In my opinion, pure Mexican sativa is the best high there is.

let me know when he does and i can help him on his way...i know a few ranches around compostela which is about 30min from tepic

ElPiloto

Do you know the American that has a trailer park by a lake in Santa Maria del Oro? I think that's the name of the town, but it has been a long time. The lake is in the crater of a volcano. The mans last name starts with a P.

As I said, it has been a long time and "P" may have moved on years ago.

Latest posts

Latest posts