What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Colombianian Landrace hybrid

Smoggy

An example of Hybrid Vigor via old school landrace crossed with the biggest industry tramp: OG.
The Colombian genetics were personally sourced in native lands: Riocha, La Guajira (late 2005).
From its tell-tale sour green mango smell im ID'ing it as the traditional "Mango Biche" variety.
The OG mom was clone from an Armenian in San Fernando, who'd worked it exclusively for ~10 years- when pressed as to what specific cut, he mentioned Cypress Hill sourcing..
Its 3-leaf dominant lanky, finicky, Viney, weak root, slow clonning; but with that famous distinct Aroma, that goes to cocoa-coffee when flowered long.
Meticulously harvested and hand delivered to lab, a SoCal outdoor grown pure Colombian resulted in a slightly above 10%thc test result; the OG came in @ ~17%.
The results are from meticulous PhD University Chemist w/ publishings in the scientific literature on thc anologs.
Taking a pure Colombian male pollen to the OG resulted in an amazing hybrids vigor synergy.
The Colombiana's nice structure when SoCal Sun-grown:
picture.php

Vs. Out of their element, indoor-hydro:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OG's analysis:
picture.php

Smoggy

This 1st 50:50 example tested @ ~22%
[Sceptical chemist, tested it twice to confirm! ]
A followup backcross to the OG resulted in an increase to ~24% w/ surprising 1% CBD.
Neither starter material had shown any cbd levels!

Smoggy

The Landrace adds mold/pest resistance, swamp-tree like root vigor, and reinforced nodes; but dominated smell also adding a sweaty muskiness - havent been able to screen through enough to find an ideal trait combo...

Smoggy

Ooops! Just noticed misspelled my thread title!!
& interestingly this OGHybrid inherited the moms wacky 3-leaf trait.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would think the Colombian would test higher than 10%. Also the OG seems low. Maybe your chemist is real and the others are fake?

I just smoked some Colombian Gold and it did not lack in potency.

Smoggy

Yep- chemist won his Association testing contest: got it on the dot!
Says, them much touted High %'s are Doubious:
Over a quarter in dry weight in active molecule not realistic.
I have somewhere an old High Times mag w/ an article testing the old classics- they were in the ~10 to <15% range, IIRC
The OG / Colombian 50:50 hybrid did send a dispensary owner into a panic attack- he reported!

Yet, theres an other 60+ cannibanoids i keep hearing about - that werent tested for here...
Maybe the landrace Col. had some exotic cannibanoid profile-?

Smoggy

PM Resistance

PM Resistance

The above, first batch of indoor grown Colombians, were done in friends abandoned PM-disaster room; result of some tainted cuts of Top44, i think it was.
Stinky Serenade is what he'd treated with, but gave up.
It was an unwitting test, since @ the time (2006) id never heard/dealt with PM - i suspected maybe sabotage thru myco~herbicide- especially after seeing some pink slime in his split a/c condesate lines[wrong]:
https://nacla.org/article/killer-fungus-waits-wings

So i sprouted, veged and flowerd the Col. Original seeds in the contaminated spot w/o disinfecting rooms or medium.
Up till they got harvested with accidental sibling seed multiplication - Never saw an issue.

Although, in hindsight; his cold / foggy-wintertime run & dehumidifier overfill-cutoff probably exacerbated his problem!

thejact55

Thats the good thing about landrace types. Much less inclined to suck as defending themselves. Hope youve kept a good stash of these before crossing.
Whats the flowering time on them? 18 week range?

Smoggy

The hps indoor grown pure originals got cut down early because of seeding accident - yet there were Many already mature seeds from those internodal calyces [Saved seeds from the best female ]
Surprisingly, for a Sativa strain from <11* latitude they triggered Really quick on a 12:12 flower schedule, which led to the unexpected boy maturation.
My frozen Original batch of seeds had low viability last time i tried em - If i can find outdoor spot this spring, ill test-sprout more, document & multiply.

Latest posts

Latest posts