What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

packerfan79

Veteran
I read Jorge's encyclopedia on sex determination. He thinks you can affect a tendency toward female with 14 hours of light and warmer temps. He also said more N after the 3rd set of branches helps more females form, This is my first try with a 14 hour cycle for seeds. Going to 18-6 after 5 sets of true leaves . Always before iI used 24 hr light. I will add some calcium nitrate to my micros and myco this time of course in very light doses. I have 9 candy kush regs so anything over 4 will be a bonus for me. 6 would fit nice with the three fems I have under the 1k.
:tiphat:
``

Yeah I was thinking of doing 14 on 10 off, I will give it a try when I pop this pack of sour grapes once I get the big room full. As soon as the last couple show sex it's time to cut 120 babies. I should have a bunch of new stuff in for xmas. Getting burnt out on the black triangle I have been smoking for 3 months non stop.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
sounds like mrsChicky and your lady are on teh same page
the girl and mrsChicky have been planning on costumes and decorations for the past few months
i like this time of year too and especially enjoy halloween
so does the mrs have anything picked out for a costume this year?
are you going to dress up?

yeah, what was i thinking
even tho they arent going to ticket you for smoking, i understand how open sale would be a totally different thing
did you see any cool pipes or anything like that?
i was wondering, when your local news covers something like this, how do they present the event?
are they overall cool with adults use of marijuana, or do they still try and portrait anyone who enjoys this type of thing as being a lazy stoner?

thanks for the comment on the pic, bro
you are too kind
the second pic is one of the buds we tied so she would not sag
im going to try and get more of her this weekend

Fiddynut

sounds like mrsChicky and your lady are on teh same page
the girl and mrsChicky have been planning on costumes and decorations for the past few months
i like this time of year too and especially enjoy halloween
so does the mrs have anything picked out for a costume this year?
are you going to dress up?

yeah, what was i thinking
even tho they arent going to ticket you for smoking, i understand how open sale would be a totally different thing
did you see any cool pipes or anything like that?
i was wondering, when your local news covers something like this, how do they present the event?
are they overall cool with adults use of marijuana, or do they still try and portrait anyone who enjoys this type of thing as being a lazy stoner?

thanks for the comment on the pic, bro
you are too kind
the second pic is one of the buds we tied so she would not sag
im going to try and get more of her this weekend
Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Yep Halloween is something the wife looks forward to all year. Every year more decorations accumulate in the basement and it's getting pretty full. She really puts a lot of effort into the decorating and even has a whole area dedicated to her "spooky town" with little buildings and stuff kind of like a model train set (without the train) but everything is creepy. We have a graveyard out front and lots of lights and stuff. She does more for Halloween decorations than most people do for X-mass around here. We have a big party every year and like 40 friends and family show up and pack the house. Every year she pics a diffrent theme, this year it's a zombie sock hop and she has a 50's style poodle skirt and is getting her hair and make up done zombie style. I usually don't dress up for Halloween but maybe I will this year. I like to be comfortable and find a lot of costumes to not be very comfortable.

I saw a lot of cool glass on display at the harvest fest. It's amazing how intricate some of it is getting. I don't usually spend a lot on glass since I know they always break on me eventually. If I won the lotto I'd have a padded smoking room with thick carpet and 100's of bongs and bubblers and what not. They were also selling some nice pro cannabis tee shirts and hats. There was a NORMAL booth too and I donated some cash and signed a petition to legalize.

I'm not close enough to Madison to get their local news so I'm not sure how they cover it. My guess is it's pretty positive since mad town is so liberal. There wasn't any mention of it on the local Milwaukee news stations. Politics are weird in Wisconsin, Milwaukee and Madison are very liberal but the rest of the state is very conservative. It makes for a lot of division and fighting. Its a big part of why we don't have any med or rec.

Looking forward to seeing more of schmoopy soon. I hope you had a great weekend...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone is well.

It looks like yesterday's topping of the plants didn't bother them much. I think they are growing allready. Once they get to the point where I'd have to raise the light I'm going to put them into flower. That might be tonight the way these girls are growing. A couple of the cuts are a little droopy but I think that's to be expected in the first couple days. Everything is looking pretty good to me.

So these girls are really stinky in veg. I don't use a filter on the veg tent and they are smelling up my basement. Not sure if this is a taste of what's to come but they are the loudest smelling vegges I've had so far. They have that young pot plant smell like all of mine have had but also some sour and skunkiness too. I hope the chem 91 is strong in these girls. I can't wait to see how much they smell in flower. Here is a shot of the girls and the cuts.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man!
look at them go
you can see the dual crowns already growing bigger and reaching for the light!
those are some happy plants brother, you are doing a great job!
the cuts look nice too! like the idea of using perlight to set the rooting cube in
have oyu done this in the past?
do you just shake off the excess bits or do you try and keep as much intact as possible
another good idea would be to use a clear cup so you can see the roots, or even place a clear cup inside anotehr colored cup
/old grow buddy used to do that

i know just what you mean about haunted house fun!
there is a neighbor on the next block who does a ****haunts in his yard
its goten so popular its even talked about on the news once
he will do his whole yard and his garage into a haunted house and lets kids walk through
so much fun!
there was a guy who lived close by who i guess hosted a extreme type of haunted house
/it was in the next community or down the road or not even in the same area code, wtf do i know
(dont want to give up too much on location...)
it was so extreme you had to signa waiver and stuff
i guess he eventually build a buisness out of it and then word got out and the neighbors complained
a friend looked into it and said they would kidnap you and subject you to weird torture and stuff
but people would come from all overthe world to do it
/shakes head
i can think of a lot better ways to spend my money that to let someone beat me up or torture me, but i guess im boring like that
you know what, f-it ill post a link
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/watchdog/sdut-mckamey-returns-2015oct28-htmlstory.html
muahahah, happy halloween!

hope you are having a great week f'nut!

packerfan79

Veteran
So how goes it jungle mates? Been a weird week here, half the power was out at work Monday, equipment worked, no lights and the microwaves and fridges were down, office was completely out of power. Picked up an ounce of shrooms last night. Should be a cool night fishing Saturday. Hump day is started hope we all finish the week strong. Seed plants are in flower as of Sunday, should be a green Xmas. Cutting clones for the big room this weekend. Crazy busy right now, but it's all for a good cause $$$.

Fiddynut

oh man!
look at them go
you can see the dual crowns already growing bigger and reaching for the light!
those are some happy plants brother, you are doing a great job!
the cuts look nice too! like the idea of using perlight to set the rooting cube in
have oyu done this in the past?
do you just shake off the excess bits or do you try and keep as much intact as possible
another good idea would be to use a clear cup so you can see the roots, or even place a clear cup inside anotehr colored cup
/old grow buddy used to do that

i know just what you mean about haunted house fun!
there is a neighbor on the next block who does a ****haunts in his yard
its goten so popular its even talked about on the news once
he will do his whole yard and his garage into a haunted house and lets kids walk through
so much fun!
there was a guy who lived close by who i guess hosted a extreme type of haunted house
/it was in the next community or down the road or not even in the same area code, wtf do i know
(dont want to give up too much on location...)
it was so extreme you had to signa waiver and stuff
i guess he eventually build a buisness out of it and then word got out and the neighbors complained
a friend looked into it and said they would kidnap you and subject you to weird torture and stuff
but people would come from all overthe world to do it
/shakes head
i can think of a lot better ways to spend my money that to let someone beat me up or torture me, but i guess im boring like that
you know what, f-it ill post a link
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/watchdog/sdut-mckamey-returns-2015oct28-htmlstory.html
muahahah, happy halloween!

hope you are having a great week f'nut!

You are right plants look really happy and that makes me happy. The topping dosent seem to have slowed them down much. Last night I decided to give them one more day in the veg tent. Tonight they will go into the flower tent and things should start to get interisting.

I have used vermiculite in the past to hold the rooters in the cups but this is the first time with perlite. It worked well in the past and I like to use what I have on hand if possable. I got a giant bag of perlite a couple weeks ago at the garden store, it's 4 cubist feet and should last a long time. I like your idea to use a clear cup inside of a colored one to be able to peak at the roots. That would work great with clear and colored party cups for seedlings too.

That extreme haunted house sounds like fun. I checked out the link and it sounds really interisting. I've been to a few good professionally done haunted houses but nothing like this. Since the money goes to a good cause I'd probably give it a try if I lived close. My bro was talking about taking his 6 yr old daughter to her first haunted house this year. He was thinking he wouldn't tell her it's all a show right away and see how she does. She seems to like to get scared and he thinks she would really enjoy it.

I hope your week is going good as well and you and your family is happy and healthy...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

So how goes it jungle mates? Been a weird week here, half the power was out at work Monday, equipment worked, no lights and the microwaves and fridges were down, office was completely out of power. Picked up an ounce of shrooms last night. Should be a cool night fishing Saturday. Hump day is started hope we all finish the week strong. Seed plants are in flower as of Sunday, should be a green Xmas. Cutting clones for the big room this weekend. Crazy busy right now, but it's all for a good cause $$$.
Good afternoon Packerfan.

It's going well here. That's strange that the power was only half out at work, must be something in the boxes or something. Have fun with your shrooms, fishing on shrooms sounds like fun. I was doing a little research and I'm thinking about growing some shrooms sometime. A guy I work with has and said its pretty easy to grow them. He started growing them in hopes of being able to trade them for buds but said he had a hard time finding people to trade with. He dosent have a spot to grow weed. Sounds like you have your hands full in the garden. It's a good king of busy.

packerfan79

Veteran
Good afternoon Packerfan.

It's going well here. That's strange that the power was only half out at work, must be something in the boxes or something. Have fun with your shrooms, fishing on shrooms sounds like fun. I was doing a little research and I'm thinking about growing some shrooms sometime. A guy I work with has and said its pretty easy to grow them. He started growing them in hopes of being able to trade them for buds but said he had a hard time finding people to trade with. He dosent have a spot to grow weed. Sounds like you have your hands full in the garden. It's a good king of busy.

My dispensary guy, grew these shrooms, he has 3 different types, I got alco benzes, he has blue meanies and golden teachers also. They are producing quite a bit.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you go with your bad self fiddy!
/ive had plenty of frights to last a life time and dont like to be surprised
last year a bunch of neighbors took the kids to the fright night at the del mar fair grounds
i kept cool and had fun, but did tell one of the actors not to touch me
/mean ol me, ruining it for everyone
we have tons of the professionally done haunted houses here in san diego
some are even outdoors (like the fair one)
there is a big paranormal scene here too, so they host historic tours of like the old grave yards and stuff
san diego is kind of cool like that
good to hear the topping dident slow them down
that measn the girls have a nice root ball growing under the soil and are really happy
are you still going to flip them this week?

blue meanies!
oh man, thats the shit right there!
i still remember the first time mrsChicky and i ate shrooms together
such fun!
i still have this rock i found and for soem reason just dident want to throw it away
the whole night we laughed like there was nothing funnier in life and had such a great time
/we will ahev to talk to her friend who set us up sometime soon!

making it over the hump fellas!
hope everyone is doing well

Fiddynut

you go with your bad self fiddy!
/ive had plenty of frights to last a life time and dont like to be surprised
last year a bunch of neighbors took the kids to the fright night at the del mar fair grounds
i kept cool and had fun, but did tell one of the actors not to touch me
/mean ol me, ruining it for everyone
we have tons of the professionally done haunted houses here in san diego
some are even outdoors (like the fair one)
there is a big paranormal scene here too, so they host historic tours of like the old grave yards and stuff
san diego is kind of cool like that
good to hear the topping dident slow them down
that measn the girls have a nice root ball growing under the soil and are really happy
are you still going to flip them this week?

blue meanies!
oh man, thats the shit right there!
i still remember the first time mrsChicky and i ate shrooms together
such fun!
i still have this rock i found and for soem reason just dident want to throw it away
the whole night we laughed like there was nothing funnier in life and had such a great time
/we will ahev to talk to her friend who set us up sometime soon!

making it over the hump fellas!
hope everyone is doing well
Good morning pop_rocks.

As far as the extreme haunted house I'm not sure if I'd like it or not but there's only one way to find out. I've got an 'I'll try anything once' policy about most things. I think I mentioned this before but when I was a teen we use to go into this deserted sanitarium and explore. There was all kind of wired stuff in there and it was more scary than any haunted house I've been to.

I can defenatly get that a lot of people don't care to be frightened and you were well in your rights to tell them to keep their hands off you. That's great that there is a good haunted house scene in your area. When you say 'paranormal scene' do you mean a bunch of people who think they can communicate with ghosts and stuff?

The plants got flipped onto the flower tent last night and had their first short day. They look really happy this morning. The clones got a little droopy overnight, I think the humidity dome must have not been shut tight and it got a little dry for them. I hope they are ok and this just gives them more incentive to grow roots.

Not sure if blue meanies are what I've had but some of them have had some blue color. I have almost always seen Psilocybe cubensis when I've gotten shrooms. I think the only time I had a diffrent variety was when a buddy brought some back from Oregon where he picked them himself. Good times. I might be a bit too much in my head these days to enjoy it like I did when I was young.

Fiddynut

Well I thought I bombed my mid term last week, got it back today wound up getting an A . Fucking super excited.
Good morning Packerfan.

I use to do the same thing in school. I'd think I did poorly and was sure of it only to find out that I did well. I think it's becaus we expect a lot of ourselves.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
evening fiddy
san diego has a little of everything as far as the paranormal scene goes
there is this nice historical district that still has some of the original buildings intact, so of course all those are haunted
/the whaley house (sp?) is actually very popular and nationally recognised
then there are also the "weird" spots, the haunted mental hospital (elfin forest, has ok mountain bike trails) the gravity hills, the graveyard public park, etc
there is even a san diego paranormal society that does tours and has all these gadgets
/me and mrsChicky went on a meetup thing with them once and got free movie passes and t shirst
of course we have the psychics and stuff like that too, and every other person you meet is into some type of alt science (reiki and stuff like that are very popular too), there is even this great surf spot called swamis, because of the harikrishna temple build on the cliffs
/decent wave but very local
i myself enjoy a good ghost story

the shrooms we used to get would turn blue in your mouth
mrsChickys friend called them blue meanies, but i just thgouth that was a generic name
/like kine weed or chronic

that is great the plants are looking good
im sure the clone will be fine, just water the cubes well and mist the inside of the dome and they should plump bakc up overnight
i recently found this "freebie" set of 10 seeds i got from nirvana seeds a long time ago
i guess they are just a mix so you dont know what to expect
sounds like it might be fun!

hope your week is wrapping up nicely any plans for the weeeknd?

Rodehazrd

Hey Tribe,
kodos to you PF you were better than you thought
I think overconfidence is the worst enemy of training. Get too proud of yourself and oh shit. The ones who really do well are quite humble.
Pop that purple just means its poison we used to pinch them in the field to be sure it was the one they turn purple if pinched. We grew a batch in mason jars once and that worked well. I think I got spores from the mushroom people down in Summertown tenn. the old Stephen Gaskin farm and commune.
Well the heat looks to be over so time to get growing for the season I popped some of my stash and they are starting to put on the third set of branches. I am trying the Jorge method for more females. 14 hr on 10 off. Warming pads under seedlings. and I started giving calcium nitrate at 1/2 tsp per gal along with the ff big bloom at 4tsp per gal.
Heres some shots of them 9 of 10 candy kush regs are up and all three fems are looking ok

Attachments

• IMG_2263.jpg
    IMG_2263.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2264.jpg
    IMG_2264.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2265.jpg
    IMG_2265.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2266.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2267.jpg
    IMG_2267.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 7

Rodehazrd

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone is well.

It looks like yesterday's topping of the plants didn't bother them much. I think they are growing allready. Once they get to the point where I'd have to raise the light I'm going to put them into flower. That might be tonight the way these girls are growing. A couple of the cuts are a little droopy but I think that's to be expected in the first couple days. Everything is looking pretty good to me.

So these girls are really stinky in veg. I don't use a filter on the veg tent and they are smelling up my basement. Not sure if this is a taste of what's to come but they are the loudest smelling vegges I've had so far. They have that young pot plant smell like all of mine have had but also some sour and skunkiness too. I hope the chem 91 is strong in these girls. I can't wait to see how much they smell in flower. Here is a shot of the girls and the cuts.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74345&pictureid=1788175&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74345&pictureid=1788174&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

looking good there fiddy I need to learn to turn the phone sideways to get proper orientation. You leave a lot more on your clones than I do I may have to change my ways those look vigorous.:tiphat:

Fiddynut

evening fiddy
san diego has a little of everything as far as the paranormal scene goes
there is this nice historical district that still has some of the original buildings intact, so of course all those are haunted
/the whaley house (sp?) is actually very popular and nationally recognised
then there are also the "weird" spots, the haunted mental hospital (elfin forest, has ok mountain bike trails) the gravity hills, the graveyard public park, etc
there is even a san diego paranormal society that does tours and has all these gadgets
/me and mrsChicky went on a meetup thing with them once and got free movie passes and t shirst
of course we have the psychics and stuff like that too, and every other person you meet is into some type of alt science (reiki and stuff like that are very popular too), there is even this great surf spot called swamis, because of the harikrishna temple build on the cliffs
/decent wave but very local
i myself enjoy a good ghost story

the shrooms we used to get would turn blue in your mouth
mrsChickys friend called them blue meanies, but i just thgouth that was a generic name
/like kine weed or chronic

that is great the plants are looking good
im sure the clone will be fine, just water the cubes well and mist the inside of the dome and they should plump bakc up overnight
i recently found this "freebie" set of 10 seeds i got from nirvana seeds a long time ago
i guess they are just a mix so you dont know what to expect
sounds like it might be fun!

hope your week is wrapping up nicely any plans for the weeeknd?

I didn't know SD was such a hot spot for the paranormal. I'm usually pretty skeptical about most of that stuff. I don't really believe in ghosts and stuff like that but I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm 100% convinced that they don't exist. I believe that others believe in stuff like that. My family use to say there was a ghost at the cabin up north. They swear that strange things would happen like a record that kept repeating the same song and stuff like that. I'm pretty sure they were just really high when they experienced that. The only strange thing I can report is when the wife and were up on our honeymoon we were pretty sure we had put a candle out one night but found it still burning in the morning. We were parting pretty hard that week. Even though I'm skeptical I still enjoy a good story too.

The plants got their first watering since pot up a week ago this morning. This has been the norm for the final transplant but I expect to be watering every 3 days within a couple weeks. They looked happy but gat a little droopy with slight claw after they got soaked. Do your plants ever get droopy after a watering? I think I've seen this before but not sure. They are putting on an inch or more growth a day.

Clones had perked up a lot yesterday and looked pretty good last evening, but were a little droopy this morning. I'm thinking that with the light on all night it tends to burn off more moisture that during the day when there is 6 hours of dark.

Nice find of those seeds. I've read threads here on germinating older seeds but I forget a lot of things. I think they suggested scuffing the seeds And maybe using a little h2o2 and maybe super thrive or something when soaking them. I think I also heard to be patient with them they may take some time. Good luck. You never know what kind of fire is in there unless you grow them out. Nothing more fun than that.

Short weekend for me this week and looks like I'll be going up north Sunday and pulling the pier and boat out. That's my only day off this week and with 400 miles driving and doing the work it's going to fly by. It will be nice to have it done and one less thing to worry about. Sometimes in the past we wait too long and end up doing it on a really cold day. I'll probably have to listen to the packer game on the radio on the way back to town. Anything exciting going on with you this weekend?

Fiddynut

Hey Tribe,
kodos to you PF you were better than you thought
I think overconfidence is the worst enemy of training. Get too proud of yourself and oh shit. The ones who really do well are quite humble.
Pop that purple just means its poison we used to pinch them in the field to be sure it was the one they turn purple if pinched. We grew a batch in mason jars once and that worked well. I think I got spores from the mushroom people down in Summertown tenn. the old Stephen Gaskin farm and commune.
Well the heat looks to be over so time to get growing for the season I popped some of my stash and they are starting to put on the third set of branches. I am trying the Jorge method for more females. 14 hr on 10 off. Warming pads under seedlings. and I started giving calcium nitrate at 1/2 tsp per gal along with the ff big bloom at 4tsp per gal.
Heres some shots of them 9 of 10 candy kush regs are up and all three fems are looking ok

looking good there fiddy I need to learn to turn the phone sideways to get proper orientation. You leave a lot more on your clones than I do I may have to change my ways those look vigorous.:tiphat:

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

Glad to hear that fall is working its way down to you. It was a hot September here but has been quite seasonable the last few days. Your seedlings look great! I hope you get all girls.

Do you usually get more boys or girls from seed? I've been getting a lot more girls than boys but figured it was a 'luck of the draw' thing. I pop seeds in happy frog with plain water in 4" cups under t5's on 18/6 if you want to know my secret LOL. I got 4 girls and one boy this time. I wonder if I'm going to get a bunch or all boys sometime.

One of my clones is a lot bigger than the ones I've cut in the past. I wasn't sure if that would be a good thing at first but it seems to be doing the best of the bunch so maybe bigger clones in the future will be my thing. I'm going to try my bubble cloner soon and I'll be xperiment with diffrent sized cuts a bit.

Rodehazrd

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

Glad to hear that fall is working its way down to you. It was a hot September here but has been quite seasonable the last few days. Your seedlings look great! I hope you get all girls.

Do you usually get more boys or girls from seed? I've been getting a lot more girls than boys but figured it was a 'luck of the draw' thing. I pop seeds in happy frog with plain water in 4" cups under t5's on 18/6 if you want to know my secret LOL. I got 4 girls and one boy this time. I wonder if I'm going to get a bunch or all boys sometime.

One of my clones is a lot bigger than the ones I've cut in the past. I wasn't sure if that would be a good thing at first but it seems to be doing the best of the bunch so maybe bigger clones in the future will be my thing. I'm going to try my bubble cloner soon and I'll be xperiment with diffrent sized cuts a bit.

Honestly I don't grow enough seeds to say for sure but I got 6 of 9 of the Larry and before that 1 of 3 of the Bangi Haze I have mostly grown headband clones but now feel the urge to pop seeds. Not really looking for keepers just learning the needs of new strains.
As I get my microbeasties going more and the rock powder mix being amended over and over I find most strains do fairly well without much adjustment I plan to add the phostrell to my mix on some test pots its a 060 with bone char. I'm leaving the soft rock phosphate in as not much of that is available anyway and I read It helps with ph buffering. I still have my issue of leaves being distorted early in seedling stage. You can see it in the candy kush there. I hit them with a light dose of Calcium Nitrate twice now and that seems to have helped I put it on with a good dose of big bloom so could be I just shotgunned it and something worked
Ah time for a bacon and home grown tomato samwich
:tiphat:

Badfishy1

Just passing through the jungle m8s. Hope all are well. Down in the keys (marathon specifically). This place looks 3rd world after the storm. Kinda neat to say I'm staying in the home once owned by slim Whitman. (Old country western singer for those who don't know). Anyhow have fun and be safe this weekend!

Latest posts

Latest posts