What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FIM Question

booman

Hi Fellas,
Question, i just FIMed one of the veg plants its growing under 416Kw T5 (4 sets 2 bulbs in each ine) in a hydroponic system, the top of the plant turned black and i am afarid that no new sets will grow and i just made a mistake :/ i attached a photo of the cut (sorry for the bad quality).
what's your opinion the matter?
attachment.php
attachment.php

thank you in advance for your help :)

:thank you:

Attachments

• 2005-01-07 21.27.01.jpg
    2005-01-07 21.27.01.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 2005-01-07 21.25.34.jpg
    2005-01-07 21.25.34.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 13

iffey

I don't see any thing unusual booman. if one fims, there hasta be some scaring.. mistake!
panic2.gif
. no, no.
e72ee932.gif
mistakes' = first hand knowledge. to be remembered: good, bad or "holey shit! lookadat!:biggrin:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Classic case of Fok He Missed.

No worries. Like bending them, you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Fuck I Missed!

Did you get the growing tip? It's hard to tell from a cell phone...

I never really understood why people FIM when they could just top and get basically the same results. Sometimes FIM can produce multiple tops out of the growth tip but the times I've tried it was just like topping.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depending on strain, topping pretty much the same as FIM. Denser genetics prove themselves better. 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other.

Fimming is actually no different that topping, what fimming does is virtually the exact same thing only your leaving part of the new growth. This only takes of part of the new growth and actually topping the very very new growth which is very hard to see. Less impact, quicker recovery.

What this ends up doing is making it seem as if your getting 4 new tops right next to eachother when its actually only 2 at the very top (like topping) but since it was cut so closely to the next newest set of fanleaves 2 branches which would have formed there anyways seems to make it look like there is 4 new tops.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fimming takes longer for my plants to recover than topping.

Do you use any additive afterward for have plants come back strong? That might be why. Who knows. Just know from using willow water for decades helps injured plants (which is what topping/FIM do) recover quicker.

reinc

Q: when is last days of topping to maximize crop.. ? f... You can win some beans.. with right A, and when i have 50 posts..

troutman

Seed Whore
The part you snipped may have turned black but it's nothing to worry about.

Soon you'll have a jungle on your hands.

What are you talking about Reinc? There are more constructive ways to get your post count up.

You shouldn't top or FIM more than a week after switching to 12/12 or starting the flower cycle.

Latest posts

Latest posts